Reply The L Guild Forum
Did anyone else notice? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reea_chan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:53 pm
at the beggining of both the manga and anime L is rather normal... he doesn't sit in weird positions or have candy all around him... but the moment you can see him he's all... L like  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:58 pm
I guess they wanted him to be mysterious. heart  

Keimiku

Tipsy Bookworm

10,550 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Achlys Acharon

Unbeatable Survivor

5,975 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:20 pm
That was kind of odd but then again it wouldn't be L if he dind't do things in an odd way.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:26 am
O_o I never noticed that~

ghost_gurl

annakratos

Dapper Lunatic

25,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:39 pm
Yeah, it was kinda weird. I like the normal L-sama - the one that sits weird and eats sweets non-stop heart  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:54 am
You mean when he was just sitting in front of a computer in a dark room before he was introduced?

Well they were probably trying to make L look really cool and mysterious and if he was snacking on some cotton candy or somthing while proclaiming to be justice and against Kira, I don't know, probably wouldn't have the same effect.

Although it would be funny to hear L eating stuff durring that broadcast. XD  

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Ruuche

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:09 am
I've been alone all my life...User Image

yeah, I noticed that. They probably wanted to have an air of mystery still attached to him, and it really works though.

but now I've gained my lightUser Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:14 pm
L still crouched down and stuff when he was at the computer. It didnt show his face at all.

Then I agree with Gabby Logic
Quote:
Well they were probably trying to make L look really cool and mysterious and if he was snacking on some cotton candy or somthing while proclaiming to be justice and against Kira, I don't know, probably wouldn't have the same effect.

Pup Crazed Kiya

Beloved Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Object of Affection 150

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:32 pm
I heard that's because the writer and the artist for Death Note didn't have any contact, other than letters and stuff while they were writing the books. There wasn't much of an description of L for the artist to work from until later on.
That kind of explains how he really doesn't slouch until later, how his hair kind of de-waves, and how his eyes go from normal to really huge. He also shows a bit more emotion in the very beginning, in stuff like, "Damn you, Kira!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:04 pm
Persistence_of_Memory
I heard that's because the writer and the artist for Death Note didn't have any contact, other than letters and stuff while they were writing the books. There wasn't much of an description of L for the artist to work from until later on.
That kind of explains how he really doesn't slouch until later, how his hair kind of de-waves, and how his eyes go from normal to really huge. He also shows a bit more emotion in the very beginning, in stuff like, "Damn you, Kira!"

I've been alone all my life...User Image

that's a bit confusing, but its pretty interesting as well...especially if you ponder why that happens

but now I've gained my lightUser Image

Ruuche

Pup Crazed Kiya

Beloved Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:35 am
You know... It could just be a personality change

from lazy eyes to wide because he's getting more into the Kira case
getting more serious about it. I mean he duid get more and more into the case  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:02 am
I know what you're taking about... particularily the slight differences in appearance that can be seen from the earlier L to the later L.
The thing about limited contact between the writer and artist seems to be the most sensible explanation... it's really interesting to think throught that sort ot stuff... especially since the wirter of Death Note is so mysterious.

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

CyanideCherub

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:30 am
I noticed that, before you see his whole face, you think "Wow, this guy is gonna be like all Grrr and smexy and mysterious"

Then you see him and you think "Awww, I was wrong, but I still want to take you home!".  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:53 pm
either way L is L so i don't mind him being mysterious or uver kawaii  

IllusionaryMaster

miiso-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:13 pm
Twilight343
That was kind of odd but then again it wouldn't be L if he dind't do things in an odd way.

that is true! 3nodding  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces