Video games reviews

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GeorgeStow
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:48 am
Here you can post all the reviews completed.
Hope this works! mrgreen

Because of a clearout, all the review threads have been deleted, so all reviews mus tbe posted in this thread. Anyone is welcome to do a review, so post away!

Console Key:
GB: Gameboy
GBC: Gameboy Color
GBA: Gameboy Advance
DS: Nintendo DS
NES: Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom
SNES: Super Nintendo Entertainment System/Super Famicom
N64: Nintendo 64
DC: Dreamcast
GC: Gamecube
WII: Wii
XBOX: Xbox
360: Xbox 360
PS: Playstation
PS2: Playstation 2
PS3: Playstation 3
PSP: Playstation Portable  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:54 am
DS: MarioKart DS

Despite it not being a new release, I feel we should have a review on it, being, in my opinion, one of the best games for the DS.
MarioKart DS is a fairly simple, yet challenging game, in which characters from the Mario series race each other for no apparent reason as there is not really much of a storyline, you just get on with the racing! There are many characters to choose from such as Yoshi, Bowser and, of course, Mario. In a class, you can unlock certain rewards, such as more characters. You can also choose the kart that they drive in, each person having their own special carts. By completing all every Grand Prix/cup in a class/cc level, you can unlock certain rewards, such as more characters, like Dry Bones, more karts for each character and eventually each person being able to play all of the karts, another class and another Grand Prix or four…
So far I have only focused on one part of the game, racing, yet there is so much more to it! Let us focus our minds on missions now. The missions are a part of the game which does not always involve racing but can teach you valuable information, such as shortcuts. In some missions you have to powerslide as many times as needed in a lap and in other just get round the course as quickly as possible or beating someone else. Some of the people you have to race against are ridiculous though! In the boss levels anyway. I remember one of the boss levels was throwing bomb-ombs around and another was racing a giant worm thing! And finally, in the missions, by getting every mission a star rating, you can unlock a secret mission level!
Another game feature is the time trials which, really, aren’t that great, but do help you to know the tracks better. You can play versus your ghost data in a time trial, which means you can play against your best run, your former self being a ghost, so you can’t bump in to them, etc. Also, if you get good enough and achieve a brilliant time, you can play against staff ghost data. That’s pretty much all there is to know about time trials though…
And with all this taking up valuable game chip space, you’d expect it to have really rubbish everything else…which it doesn’t. The graphics are amazing for a DS and the tracks are wonderfully wacky. The multiplayer modes are the best you will find for a DS. The music though, isn’t that great, but since when has any music from the Mario games been good? This game is truly a must-have game. In September 2006, the official Nintendo magazine gave it a 95% on their verdict, which I completely agree with. This game has endless opportunities to show off and amaze others and it will amaze you.  

GeorgeStow
Crew

Moleje

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:57 pm
Wii: Go Diego Go Safari Rescue

I encourage anyone with a 3-5 year old child in their lives to pick up this game and watch them save the animals of the Safari!

The game controls and level design make progression through the game a snap.

Have you ever watched kids playing a video game and they just move the controller all around like crazy but with the Wii remote they actually have to do that to play the game and instead of it being crazy it just works.

My three year old finished the game in two goes. I think it might have lasted five hours altogether and because he was a big Diego fan he was smiling and actively involved from start to finish. I like how the game wasn't the long perfect for a young child’s attention span.

Another reason this game is good for kids is that you can't die so you can trip over a tree branch, fall in the mud or crash into a crocodile without losing the game. So failing is really only funny and never frustrating.

As far as being true to the show the game certainly is as the game is basically an interactive episode with the look and feel of the cartoon.

LOL I also have to say the game is as equally educationaly valuable as its TV counterpart.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:54 pm
DS-i Handheld System

I find this to be a big step up from the DS and well worth my purchase. I like the photo and sound manipulation/recording features a great deal and so far playing any game with the new screen and imporved sound capabilities has improved my happy gaming experiance.

It is so very sleek and powerful.

10/10

If just for being able to put pics of my kids on the screen.  

Moleje

Videogame Related Talk [Talk about video games]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff