View Results

Rualeen

5,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:08 pm
How large is your fantasy collection?

When did you bought your first book? how did it get this far? And do you give your favorite books a special place?

Just talk over your collection is it normal, or over the top?

It's getting really bad with me, when we moved I insisted on having a Bbokcase in the middle of my room so that it splitted my chamber in two parts. Now only three years later, I don't have any room at all. The whole case is just full sweatdrop
Also my stephfather has a room all for himself with bookcases on every wall. Also full 4laugh
And to think we read them all.... It's kinda scary how much impact a book can have on you.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:20 pm
I have more books than I have room for. And they're split between two houses, too, since my parents are divorced. I have one bookshel that's full to bursting--some books fell off yesterday because there's just no room for them--books under my bed, books on a shelf in the hall, and a couple more shelves in my room filled with books. My favorite books are under my bed, so that I don't have to get up to grab one. Actually, most of them are at school right now, in my dorm room.

I'm not entirely sure what "normal" is for a book collection. It differs with people's preferences. If someone likes to read a lot, they're gonna have a lot of books. If people don't like to read, they'll have less books. Then there are people who get books almost exclusively from the library. <.< Yes, I do over-analyze everything.  

NightIntent
Captain

Super Sexy Goldfish

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:57 pm
We have tons in the attic, and we are getting rid of over a hundred right now. We are going to exchange them for more books. It might seem hard to believe, but we have well over three hundred books in the room that I am in right now.

More than half of those are fantasy novels. I only have around thirty fantasy novels in my room, however.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:18 pm
sweatdrop My collection isn't as big as I would like. When I really got into fantasy books I just used the library (more like lived in the library). Now that I've got money to burn (not really) I'm building a good sized collection. I'd love some suggestions on books to buy because I'm looking for something new I haven't read before.  

Sumomo87

CastleAlyts

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:34 pm
i'm at the point where I am in the process of collecting series, even though I have no place to put them, which oddly enough I keep crying about, but i keep getting more books. the majority of my collection is fantasy, the rest is resource books for writing and other idea's. So I am now putting books everywhere that i can stack them, cause my book case is full...

One treasure I found was midori snyder and her New Moon series, they are out of print, but I am so happy that i finally got all three. been missing the first book for the past 3-4 years and me being me, I can't read a series out of order.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:51 am
CastleAlyts
i'm at the point where I am in the process of collecting series, even though I have no place to put them, which oddly enough I keep crying about, but i keep getting more books. the majority of my collection is fantasy, the rest is resource books for writing and other idea's. So I am now putting books everywhere that i can stack them, cause my book case is full...

One treasure I found was midori snyder and her New Moon series, they are out of print, but I am so happy that i finally got all three. been missing the first book for the past 3-4 years and me being me, I can't read a series out of order.

heh, I'm like that about series as well. I have over 1000 books scattered between 6 bookshelves. I also have over 500 mangas. It helps that I'm single and live in an apt. Some of my favorite series are Dragonlance, Star Wars, Necroscope but mostly I enjoy collecting books by different authors.  

Darth_Magus1

Rualeen

5,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:49 pm
NightIntent
I have more books than I have room for. And they're split between two houses, too, since my parents are divorced. I have one bookshel that's full to bursting--some books fell off yesterday because there's just no room for them--books under my bed, books on a shelf in the hall, and a couple more shelves in my room filled with books. My favorite books are under my bed, so that I don't have to get up to grab one. Actually, most of them are at school right now, in my dorm room.

I'm not entirely sure what "normal" is for a book collection. It differs with people's preferences. If someone likes to read a lot, they're gonna have a lot of books. If people don't like to read, they'll have less books. Then there are people who get books almost exclusively from the library. <.< Yes, I do over-analyze everything.

With normal I mean if tou find it acceptable. Huge is when you find books everywhere in the house and you find books you forgot you had  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:05 pm
Rualeen
NightIntent

With normal I mean if tou find it acceptable. Huge is when you find books everywhere in the house and you find books you forgot you had

Okay, then mine's pretty much normal. I guess. My books are confined to my room and the shelf in the hall.  

NightIntent
Captain

Kahahana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:21 pm
I have 2 1/2 bookshelves full to bursting, and a few (dozen) scattered about the car. It all started when my aunty gave me First Test by Tamora Pierce. I read all of her books and got hooked on fantasy. I'd say my collection was normal sized, not for the whole world in general, because a lot of people don't read, but for someone who loves reading, definitely.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:55 pm
Hm, my fantasy collection is fairly small compered with my entire group of books. There's books everywhere. Some books are even hidden, for my future self to find. XD But I just have random books, and more fantasy books are starting to acumulate.  

Deadly Tea

MinervaEvenstar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:46 pm
My bedroom has 4 full bookcases, three of which are brimming with fantasy. heart I have no idea when I bought my first book; I've liked reading as far back as I can remember. The books are alphabetised by author, so my favourites don't have a special location.

Kahahana, I like Tamora Pierce too. smile Trickster's Choice is probably my fave by her, but the first 2 Alanna books are good also.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:16 am
I have a massive book collection, filling 5+ large bookcases (with plans to make built in bookcases in the dining room for overflow biggrin ) but it isn't all fantasy, or even all fiction. I suppose my fantasy collection would only fill about one bookcase.

Is that normal? I don't know...  

BookAddict Jess

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:38 am
I have a free standing bookcase & one wall has a bokkshelf built into the entire wall. Both are full to capicity. Any free surface in my room is supporting a copious amount of books.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:27 am
Mine's fairly normal sized, but it keeps growing larger. I've got a bookcase in my room full of my books, and another one full of ones they just stuff in my room, and a little end table with cubbies full of books. I have books sitting on my dresser, randomly lying on bookshelves, and on the floor. I need to get rid of all the books I don't read - they're my mom's, not mine.  

Tarantellatears

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:03 pm
I've only got one fairly full floor to ceiling bookcase. It's full of fantasy books, manga, classics, the odd graphic novel, a bit of sci-fi, some chick lit (although good quality stuff, only Alice Hoffman and some Joanne Harris)... It's not in any order but I know where stuff is and it's mostly by what's similar. I'm still young so there's plenty of time for filling more bookcases xd  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff