Reply The Music Artists Guild
how many songs really hav any meanin Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

never-keep-2-miself

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:16 am
there are many songs out there........but really and truthfuly......how many of the songs that we listen 2 hav any meanin 2 it.....i admit lots of sogns do hav a greta message but think about the otha songs and then u wil relize that many songs that are popular are popular 4 stupid reasons  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:35 am
I agree that there are a lot of stupid songs out there - you just have to be picky! There is some nice music with real meaning to it - I like classical and jazz - Sometimes there's more FEELING in instrumental music because there are no words to get in the way of the emotion it's expressing!  

moosiklady

Dorijael

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:05 pm
moosiklady
I agree that there are a lot of stupid songs out there - you just have to be picky! There is some nice music with real meaning to it - I like classical and jazz - Sometimes there's more FEELING in instrumental music because there are no words to get in the way of the emotion it's expressing!

wow, that was so deep...
There are many songs that dont say a thing really, but I kinda block them :p
how about creep or street spirit by Radiohead?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:32 pm
I feel that most songs do have a meaning. There are so many differents songs, with different meanings and messages. Some messages truly benefit others and society, while others don't. At least, that is how I see it. Every song has a purpose, I think. There are those, however, that seem, meaningless. The messages that some songs communicate do not make sense to me. I suppose it also depends on the person as well. This is tough....well, for me, writing my opinion in a forum about anything is tough.  

pianoangie

xcandy-cane-cinamon-bunnx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:16 pm
Some people may think, omg look, this song is so awesome. But, do you think they listen to the message that's transmitted? Do they realize that there are better songs that actually talk about what's going on in the world? There are songs that have a meaning...and...the'yre only a few...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:44 pm
well the thing is, some songs are very personal to the individual that wrote it. examples are:

Lenny - instrumental that SRV wrote for his wife
Alice Mae - R.L. Burnside wrote it for his wife
Rooster - Alice In Chains's Jerry Cantrell wrote it for his father
Canned Heat Blues - Tommy Johnson wrote this piece because he had a severe drinking problem
Highway To Hell and Turn The Page - both written about being on the road
Soulshine - Warren Haynes wrote it because of his father  

Space_Monkee

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:38 pm
every song has meaning, it's a question of how you relate. One song that wil always have alot of sentimental value with me is "Where I End And You Begin" by Radiohead. That pretty much summed up high school or me. It brings back some haunting memories, not sure if i like them or not but its what the song triggers in me you know?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:18 am
Broken-Hearts1
Some people may think, omg look, this song is so awesome. But, do you think they listen to the message that's transmitted? Do they realize that there are better songs that actually talk about what's going on in the world? There are songs that have a meaning...and...the'yre only a few...

They might love the song because of the arrangement.. they might love the song because of the music in it, a of music doesn't have any words at all, and people love the song... a song doesn't have to be talking about something in the world for it to be a good song.  

mdwallin

Kaio-Leucitius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:43 pm
yea  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:34 pm
I know, seriously. I usually listen to songs for their message, it makes everything better. But then again, some song lyrics make absolutely no sense, but the music itself is simply amazing.  

LupieCheekynEeter

Nyanfood

Sparkly Lunatic

7,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:41 pm
Gawd. I'm happy you brought this up. I'm only writing songs with meaning now, since it got so hard to weigh the value of music through lyrics.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:58 am
I can answer of what songs have meanings.
The ones that were written through feelings and not through thinking.
Most punk would fall into thinking, which for that don't really have any meanings.  

Andrew Babcock

AoibhealDragonheart

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:05 am
I find that alot of popular songs are only popular because of the beat of their music and not the meaning of the words. If people really listened to alot of popular songs out there they'd realize that the words, in most cases, don't have any meaning behind them. Sure the music behind the song is important, but it's the words, the meaning, in the song that should capture you first. Not the music. Well at least that's my opinion on it. sweatdrop
There are so many people out there who don't realize this. How many people truely like the song for what it means? The feelings in it, the truth? I don't know about anyone else but I find alot of music artists are losing their insight on the fact that if you're not speaking the truth then what's the point?
That's how so many people can relate to certain songs. It's because they're speaking the truth in it, they're using examples that have happened to them or someone really close to them and they have realized that it has happened to other people.
Anyone ever hear the song "Every day" by Rascall Flatts? Or even see the music video. Now that song has feeling and truth in it. So many people can relate to it.
Okay I think I've ranted enough now. sweatdrop Oh my this is so long. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:35 pm
yeah, I understand what you're saying. Some songs....just...no.

A lot, if not all, Christian pop songs are really good. and they are very meaningful.

but anyway, other songs I know..most are in Chinese/Japanese, but here's an English song, it's based on the mother/daughter love relationship.

Fly Away
Corrine May

"When will you be home?" she asks
as we watch the planes take off
we both know we have no clear answer
to where my dreams may lead
She's watched me as I crawled and stumbled
as a child, she was my world.
And now, to let me go, I know she bleeds
and yet, she says to me

You can fly so high
Keep your gaze upon the sky
I'll be praying every step along the way.
Even though it breaks my heart to know we'll be so far apart
I love you
too much to make you stay
Baby, fly away.

Autumn leaves fall into springtime and
silver painted hair
Daddy called one evening saying
:we need you, please come back"
I saw her laying in her bed
fragile as a child
pale just like an angel taking flight
I held her as I cried

You can fly so high
Keep your gaze upon the sky
I'll be praying every step along the way
Even though it breaks my heart to know we'll be so far apart
I love you
Baby fly away
Oh~~
I love you
Baby fly....
away....

guahh, such a sweet song. I also get what you mean, Tempest, sometimes I myself enjoy music only because of the....music, and not the meaning.  

x healing rain x

Lord Beckon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:14 pm
The trouble is a lot of times you have to put up with not-so-great lyrics in a song with good music, or vice versa. especially with a lot of today's songs. it's all in what will be a chart-topper, though that's been said enough times by enough people  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff