Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pokemon Unleashed
Pokerus?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who did you start with in Diamond/Pearl?
  Chimchar
  Turtwig
  Piplup
View Results

Dark Tanin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:21 pm
Okay, I'm about 6 hours into Pokemon Diamond (just got it Saturday for my birthday) and I was wondering if Pokerus was good or bad. I encountered it in Pokemon Silver/Gold, but never knew what it did. Now my Shinx and Chimchar have it. What does it do, exactly?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:36 pm
Pokerus, is good. It doubles the amount of EV (Effort Value) points you get from KO-ing pokemon.  

Felix Kristanelo

5,750 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200

darkslasherX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:38 pm
If you can, get a Pokémon that you aren't really going to use to have Pokérus and keep that Pokémon in the PC. That way, Pokérus stays contagious on that Pokémon so you can spread it to any Pokémon you like anytime. By the way, Pokérus randomly spreads from a contagious Pokémon in your party to a Pokémon that's never had it before, but only after finishing battles. Running won't help here.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:57 am
Pokerus is one of the greatest things you can get in the game. The chance of encountering a pokemon with Pokerus is 1/8192, or the same as encountering a shiny. Only difference is that you can not see if the wild pokemon has pokerus. Fortunately, there is a high chance that the wild pokemon will infect one of the pokemon you use to fight it. (Or you could just get lucky like I did in Emerald and catch a Regirock that's already infected...). Unlike other status effects, pokerus is not cured when visiting a pokecenter.

Anyway, pokerus is a status effect that doubles the amount of EV's that the infected pokemon gets. this doubling is added last, meaning that if your pokemon is holding an item that doubles it's EV's (such as the Macho Brace), the amount of EV's it gains from a battle quadruples. However, this does not affect EV's gained through an item such as the XP share, or the use of vitamins such as Iron and Protein.

Additionally, Pokerus spreads, put the infected pokemon in the middle of your party and go fight wild pokemon. After each battle there is a high chance that the pokerus has spread to a pokemon next to the infected one. Just keep on battling until your entire party is infected. It is smart to infect a "trash" pokemon such as Bidoof and keep it in your storage, as pokerus unfortunately is not permanent, it disappears from an infected pokemon after a while, usually a couple of days, unless that pokemon is in storage (and thus effectively in stasis). Also, once a pokemon has been infected with pokerus, it becomes immune and can never be infected again. A previously infected pokemon is marked with a small dot in its status screen.

Also, as a final note, I would just like to point out that it is possible for a pokemon to become infected with pokerus when in the daycare center. It has happened to me twice so far.

I hope this answers your questions. ^^  

krishnath

Dark Tanin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:11 am
krishnath
Pokerus is one of the greatest things you can get in the game. The chance of encountering a pokemon with Pokerus is 1/8192, or the same as encountering a shiny. Only difference is that you can not see if the wild pokemon has pokerus. Fortunately, there is a high chance that the wild pokemon will infect one of the pokemon you use to fight it. (Or you could just get lucky like I did in Emerald and catch a Regirock that's already infected...). Unlike other status effects, pokerus is not cured when visiting a pokecenter.

Anyway, pokerus is a status effect that doubles the amount of EV's that the infected pokemon gets. this doubling is added last, meaning that if your pokemon is holding an item that doubles it's EV's (such as the Macho Brace), the amount of EV's it gains from a battle quadruples. However, this does not affect EV's gained through an item such as the XP share, or the use of vitamins such as Iron and Protein.

Additionally, Pokerus spreads, put the infected pokemon in the middle of your party and go fight wild pokemon. After each battle there is a high chance that the pokerus has spread to a pokemon next to the infected one. Just keep on battling until your entire party is infected. It is smart to infect a "trash" pokemon such as Bidoof and keep it in your storage, as pokerus unfortunately is not permanent, it disappears from an infected pokemon after a while, usually a couple of days, unless that pokemon is in storage (and thus effectively in stasis). Also, once a pokemon has been infected with pokerus, it becomes immune and can never be infected again. A previously infected pokemon is marked with a small dot in its status screen.

Also, as a final note, I would just like to point out that it is possible for a pokemon to become infected with pokerus when in the daycare center. It has happened to me twice so far.

I hope this answers your questions. ^^

Wow, thanks for the info! Lol, I'm saving some of the Pokerus Pokemon in my box for future use, now.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:07 pm
i never gotten it... bu is a good thing... it let's your pokemon grow faster, and stronger, and it spreads like wildfire to other pokemon... so nya.., yeah eheheh  

Ekedo

Pokemon Unleashed

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff