Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Images -- Art, screenshots, videos, etc.
The magical mitten claw

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phillipo
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:56 pm
Do you know the mittens you get in Happyville from the boxes? Well, if you smuggle them out of Happyville you're able to throw arrows with them like they're regular throwing stars.

My friend and I did that yesterday and had great fun with it.

User Image
Here's the claw itself, you can see Ellinia in the background. xD

User Image
You can barely see them, but I drew an arrow pointing to them. With Shadow partner on, it does actually throw 4 arrows. I'll need a good screenshot of that.

User Image
The arrows are acting as stars. If you pick more up off the ground, they will take up a new inventory space and act as arrows until you use up the "set" you're using at the time. I forgot to check if you can recharge them, but you can of course buy more.

User Image
My arrows are lucky, I found a KFan! xD If you look closely, you can count 4 arrows. They're kind of hard to see though. razz

User Image
The damage is obviously great. A level 76 hermit doing a level 30 assassin's damage. <3

After all that, we went to Land of Wild boar and saw how long it took for people to question us. After about 45 minutes a newb finally asked "Wtf are you throwing?" and we proudly declared "Arrows!"

Of course, people started calling us hackers. But if you read below, you will know that it's not a hack at all, just a glitch.

If you don't know how to smuggle; 1. Break a box containing a mitten on the far left side of Happyville over by Rooney (Or whatever the NPC in Happyville to leave is named, sorry.). 2. Stand on top of the mitten laying on the ground (Don't pick it up, you can't drop them back on the ground). 3. Click on the NPC asking if you want to leave. If you're on the roof and can't click low enough, try changing the graphics quality. It should make the screen shift down enabling you to click the NPC. 4. Hold or rapidly tap the pick-up key (I suggest using the more powerful Number pad 0 if you're able to use that). 5. Click "Yes" to leave Happyville while still trying to loot. If you can time it right, you could also just press pick-up as its fading black. If you did it right, the NPC window will go away, you'll pick up the claw as its fading black and you will end up outside with the claw in your inventory! Have fun throwing arrows of any type.

It could take a few tries, probably depending on your computer/connection speed. But just keep trying and it could possibly work.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:58 pm
I forgot to add that it can't throw normal stars. So once the arrows run out, you get a message saying you're out of stars. xp  

phillipo
Crew

French Whore

Eloquent Sex Symbol

7,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:46 pm
*Licks*

Maple Images -- Art, screenshots, videos, etc.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games