Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shotgun_Rae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:22 pm
this is the announcement that was posted on their website:

Goodbye from the STARTREK.COM Team

Sadly, we must report that CBS Interactive organization is being restructured, and the production team that brings you the STARTREK.COM site has been eliminated. Effective immediately.

We don't know the ultimate fate of this site, which has served millions of Star Trek fans for the last thirteen years.

If you have comments, please send them to editor @ startrek.com - we hope someone at CBS will read them.

Thank you for your loyal fandom over the years. It has been a pleasure to serve you.

i am just very upset that an entire team of people running a website can be fired just like that!

i really hope they keep the website up because i love that site and go there every day!

any thoughts?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:33 am
I completely agree with you, this totally sucks.  

Josh Paris

Saoraan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:29 am
I concur. I personally have used the site often and have found it to be an excellent resource for finding out more about ST. It is disappointing to hear that it is being shut down I hope that it will be restored or remade soon.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:50 am
I just clicked on the Farewell article and got this:

We're sorry, but the page you requested is either outdated or does not exist.
You may have typed in or linked to an address that is not recognized by STARTREK.COM.
Please check the address (URL) and try again, or use the navigation menu (above) or the Site Map (below) to visit any area of STARTREK.COM.

If you experience any other technical problems with this site, please let us know at tech@startrek.com.

Thank you for using STARTREK.COM. We value your time here and want to ensure that it is a fun and worthwhile experience.

hopefully, they changed their boss' mind  

Josh Paris

Shotgun_Rae

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:32 pm
Josh Paris
I just clicked on the Farewell article and got this:

We're sorry, but the page you requested is either outdated or does not exist.
You may have typed in or linked to an address that is not recognized by STARTREK.COM.
Please check the address (URL) and try again, or use the navigation menu (above) or the Site Map (below) to visit any area of STARTREK.COM.

If you experience any other technical problems with this site, please let us know at tech@startrek.com.

Thank you for using STARTREK.COM. We value your time here and want to ensure that it is a fun and worthwhile experience.

hopefully, they changed their boss' mind

that would be awesome...::crosses fingers::  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 4:53 pm
*sniffs* I honestly don't think CBS cares. SOme of them probably see us as a small group of hapless nerds...but they're wrong....and we should tell them that and if that doesn't work...well we try and contact the staff and start a new site.  

goddess_oraorchid

Josh Paris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:49 am
Update from Startrek.com

Quote:
Keep the conversation going on StarTrek.com boards

CBS Interactive, which oversees StarTrek.com, is reorganizing the way it does business to align the division's workforce with its new vision that focuses on building communities online.

CBS Interactive remains absolutely committed to StarTrek.com and to growing the site along with its users by directly tapping into and utilizing the passionate fan base that has supported the site.

It has been your support and contributions to the lore of Star Trek that are what make StarTrek.com a vibrant place to be. To that end, we encourage you to keep the conversation alive and flowing using our message boards.

Jump into the conversation here!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:12 am

That sucks!
ELIMINATED?!
That doesn't sound too good... xD

:'D

-[.Moo.]-

Victorie Rose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:25 pm
It sucks eggshells badly, i joined about three months ago and am in the Forums on ST.com constantly!! (im NeaNea there, in case you're wondering) i love that site and have met some great people there. it has serious discussions right along side the silly ones. On top of the fact that if they are going to make a new ST movie there is no sense what so ever in closing down a website that will become insanely popular when the movie comes out. If they have the money for a movie, then they should have the money for the Website.

Thanks for listening to my rant.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff