Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Meso Guard Explanation/Help Please?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:44 pm
I'm not planning on getting the skill anytime soon, but I'd like to know exactly how it works.

Lets see...

Level 1 states, "Saves up to 200 Mesos, and replaces 90% of the damage taken."

So, does that mean, if I were to use Level 1 MG, 200 mesos would be taken from my Meso Amount, and then...well yeah.

Like...how does it work?

Say, if I took 200 damage, after using level 1 MG, it would save 90% HP.

So would I really only take 20 Damage?

I figure yes, but then how much mesos would it use?

Would it use 180 of the 200?

Alot of monsters do way more then 200 damage.

At the most, with how I'm thinking, I could only save 23 HP, and use all 200 mesos if I took 223 damage.

Can someone please explain this skill to me?

As said, many monsters will do far more then 200 damage, so if I took like 1000 damage, would all 200 Mesos be used up, and how much damage would I actually take?

This skill is rather confusing. Help please?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:05 am

From what I remember it would take away about half of my hp's when I'd fight monsters that would normally near 1HKO me. So it basically cuts the damage you take in half.

Never really paid attention to the money and how much it took, it just automatically takes it away, I *think* if you take 300 dmg it takes away 150 mesos so halved in mesos too. I might be wrong about the 2nd part but pretty sure on the first. Guess this doesn't help much. lol

Well either way I dunno what build you're doing but MG is a great thing to have if you want to level fast in the 70's at gobies (if you're rich) but you probably know about that already. o___o

candy kaiju

Toxic Unicorn

12,950 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:11 am
Yeah, I do know, and I'm not rich, so meh.

I wont be working on ME, until after a** and BoT which are my first two skills I'm working on.

I think I have a guide, I typed up, on MapleTip's wiki.

Look for TheGamePhreaks Bandit Guide, or something.

Come to think of it, I think I have to fix that.

Last night, I realized you needed 3 Chakra to get MG, and I have to retype my skill build that I saved in NotePad. >_>

Edit: Also to what you said, that would make some sense.
The skill description mentions saving 50% hp of damage you take or something.

Thats another reason its so confusing. ~_~

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:31 am
The ingame description is absolutely, horribly, completely wrong. They changed it from what that description says a month after 3rd jobs were out.

A) MG runs on a timer. Lvl 1 lasts ~30 seconds, max is ~2 minutes.
B) MG always blocks 50% of the damage. You take 50% of the hit like normal, and a certain percentage of the other 50% is removed from your wallet as mesos.

Ex: At lvl1, MG removes 90% as mesos. So, if you take 1000 damage from a monster: 500HP is taken from your HP bar like normal, and 90% of 500 is removed as mesos, so, 450 mesos.

C) Given B, this skill saves money in comparison to regular potting. In the example, the other 10% (50 mesos) is 50 mesos saved in comparison to having to pot 1000 HP. That 90% gets to 78% (I think) at max level.

Ex: With max MG, let's say you take 2000 damage. 1000 comes from HP, and 780 is taken from your wallet. You just saved 220 mesos.

To summarize: Don't pay any attention to the in game description. You'll need 1 point in MG before you go off to DTs, Gobies, Vikings, or whatever suites your fancy. You'll want it maxed at some point too. You're gonna have to get used to (and trust me, you do) casting before and after every major combat situation.

Personal story tangent: MG is so ingrained in my mind, I still cast after every other goby house, even though it'll go for almost 2 minutes. I help a friend out at coolies once in a while, which is a good money-maker in turn, and I find I have to turn off MG since I turn it on so often, even though I'm using chakra instead of HP pots.  

madanthony

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:31 pm
Ah, just the person I was hoping for an answer from. Dx

So, what you're saying is, level one saves 90% yes, so if I took...hm...

Well say, 746 damage, I'd take half of that, which is 373.

And then 90% of 373 is 335.7.

So I would lose 335~336 mesos for taking that much damage?

Fairly easy to understand with your explanation.

I suppose I'll have to get that next level.

Thank you so much. biggrin

Edit: So I should just completely disregard the part that says: "Save up 200 Mesos"?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:36 pm
Yeah, disregard anything involving saving. They tried it like that for a while in other versions, but since CBs are already on the lower end of the 3rd job tier, they were nice enough to make it a timer and let be able to take some hits.  

madanthony

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:11 pm
I see.

Wow, I can't imagine how useful the skill would be if it actually used a certain amount of mesos.

~_~

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff