2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Other
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 43

Chinese Chami

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:12 am
Since it is the Holiday season, I wonder what types of different holidays there are in Asian culture. Being Chinese, I always celebrate Chinese New Year, but being Christian, I also celebrate Christmas. how many people celebrate more than one holiday?

Are there also special holidays and traditions in different Asian cultures too? (e.g. Japanese) What are they? =3

Well, those are my questions. Happy holidays!

-Chinese Chami

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:16 am
POCKY DAY. <33

Or in korean, "bbehbbehroh day"

4laugh  

Tsulani

O.G. Elder

Mince mii

Distinct Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:32 am
i celebrate christmas and laos new year.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:01 pm
My family celebrates Christmas, and since my family is Vietnamese, we also celebrate Tet, which is:
Quote:
the Vietnamese New Year observed during the first several days of the lunar calendar beginning at the second new moon after the winter solstice

BlueGam

Fahrenheitx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:57 pm
I celebrate Christmas, Chinese New Year, and Cambodian New Year. ^^

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:05 pm
Christmas and Chinese New Year are my favorite to celebrate. All my family comes together and it's super fun!!

Plus, on Chinese New Year I make a ton of money. (I'm Korean myself though hehe)  

Courtesy Flush

xviet_destinyx

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:47 am
BlueGam
My family celebrates Christmas, and since my family is Vietnamese, we also celebrate Tet, which is:
Quote:
the Vietnamese New Year observed during the first several days of the lunar calendar beginning at the second new moon after the winter solstice

Same, and my family celebrates Chinese New Year (even though I'm not) which is the on the first new moon of the year, on the lunar calendar of course. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:53 pm
My family celebrates a lot of things. One time, we even observed Ramadan. But the usual are Christmas and Chinese New Years. Oh oh, Cinco De Mayo. Halloween. Day of The Dead. Mmm... that's all I can remember.  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

sHiRo_ChAn_10

8,550 Points
  • Piepitcher 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Pie For All! 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 10:53 am
`Nina
POCKY DAY. <33

Or in korean, "bbehbbehroh day"

4laugh

lol go BBEHBBEHROH!! (lol though I think it's spelt peppero in English but it's pronounced the way we spelt it!!)

I celebrate Christmas and the Chinease New Year o^-^o

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:06 pm
i'm buddhist, but my family celebrates xmas. i think to be american. but i want to celebrate Chanukkah(sp?) and Kwanzaa.  

S U P E R J R

Oreo in Coffee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:30 am
Christmas  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:42 pm
I celebrate New Years, Christmas (sorta), Tet (cuz im Vietnamese), and Chinese New Years (idk y though my parents make me celebrate it though)  

Wolfs Pride

Sakimichi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.This time were not giving up...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
In the Philippines
Balik Bayan Month!
Usually parents who went abroad will come back to the Philippines to spend time with their family

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Donations are loved
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Let's make it last forever...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:12 pm
Haha, I celebrate Christmas + Chinese New Year!! I make lots of money!!! xd Especially from grandparents and relatives!! Get Red Envolopes that hold money!!! 3nodding  

DancingCherryBerry

S.a.k.u.r.a.101

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:39 pm

I really like the Moon Festival & Chinese New Year. heart

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items