Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
The Angel Tree Xmas 2007

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Simon Wells

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:28 pm
FRIENDS OF ENGLISH MAGIC GUILD
ANGEL TREE

User Image

Thanks to Thranduil Of Greenwood for suggesting this!

Greetings FoEMians!
This is basically a "double blind" charity that you may have seen in in the real world at this time of year. No one except me will ever know who made requests or who donated.

Participants: Please check this thread often, as I will be posting the requests and updating their status on a rolling basis.

Poor and/or New Gaians:
Send me a PM with your wishes. I will post only the item here in this thread, without your name.

Rich and/or Old and/or Generous Gaians:
To avoid repeats: Send me a PM with the gift(s) or a price range you are willing to supply. I will send you a PM with what item(s) to buy. Then, you send the gift to me and I will forward it anonymously to the person who asked for it. I will also mark it "donated" in this thread.

(I've never done this before and I couldn't find an example anywhere online. Please feel free to correct me or make suggestions about running this.)

heart heart heart Angel Tree Wish List heart heart heart

(wanted donated)
none so far

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:49 pm
Mr Norrell, how will the givers know what gifts have already been given? Maybe both receivers and senders should PM you, givers with a price range, receivers with a wish, then you could PM givers with the gift they should get so that there aren't repeats.  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Simon Wells

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:11 am
Aeliara
Mr Norrell, how will the givers know what gifts have already been given? Maybe both receivers and senders should PM you, givers with a price range, receivers with a wish, then you could PM givers with the gift they should get so that there aren't repeats.

Thanks! Repeats would be a disaster!

How's it look now?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:49 pm
Mr. Norrell
Aeliara

Thanks! Repeats would be a disaster!

How's it look now?
Excellent! whee  

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

beaulolais
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:31 pm
well, this looks like jolly fun!