Next Generation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KiraThePilot
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:46 pm
If there is going to be a next generation what are you looking for in it? (Pokemon, Features, etc.)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:24 pm
If anything I'll be looking for an MMORPG of sorts  

Kunx990

Kirai Mint

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:38 pm
I would like a MMORPG or a game where you can go to every region.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:54 pm
Took the words right outta my mouth. There really needs to be a Pokemon MMO, a game where you can visit every region, or better yet, both combined into one game. I'd also like to see better home console Pokemon games; Battle Rev wasn't all too great..............And Lapras needs a baby.  

Fullmetal-Shinobi

krishnath

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:55 am
Yes, there will be a fifth generation, it will probably not be released until 2010 on the next hand-held console. (DS 2.0?)

I would like a huge game, one where you could visit many regions (not necessarily the ones that have come before, although that would be nice), one where you could catch *every* pokemon that has come before, including the legendaries (but some of them should be hard to get), and with no less than 12 HMs (The regular eight: Cut, Strength, Defog, Fly, Rock Climb, Rock Smash, Surf, waterfall. And 4 more: Dive, Warp*, + two more to be named later)
A game where you have to visit the spirit world.

Basically, the main idea is that the game unfolds as normal, eight gyms and a pokemon league in one region. Then once you have beaten the E4, an NPC approaches you with an offer to travel with them and visit other places. Then you travel with the NPC for a while, visiting various islands/areas where you can catch various older pokemon not present in the starting area, and a few new ones. Including a few legendaries (for example, on a tropical island you get the opportunity to catch Manaphy and Moltres), as well as the various old starters (get the Bulbasaur and Squirtle on the tropical island). Eventually you get to another large continent, and as usual you are told by the NPC to go explore. However, after a while the NPC is forced to leave, making you stuck in the new area. You are told by another NPC that there is a HM called Warp that lets you travel great distances. So you go on a quest to find this HM, and challenging the four gyms in this area. Eventually you are led to some old ruins, where you are sucked into the spirit world, and into a town populated by ghosts/spirits. An NPC in the spirit town tells you that they used to live in the ruined town where you got sucked into the ghost world, and are hold against their will. You get to explore the spirit world, fighting various wild ghost/dark pokemon, including legendaries such as Darkrai and Giratina. When you beat Giratina (either by catching it, or by fainting it), you and the town are restored and you get to challenge the fourth and final gym of the region, granting you the Warp* HM if you beat it.

*Warp basically works like Teleport outside of battle, allowing you to warp to any area you have visited previously. In battle it is a decent psychic attack (Base 50-60 or so, 100% accuracy) that has a high chance (50%) of reducing your opponents evasion.

I would also like if there was a possibility of the new starters having a secondary final evolution that can only be reached if you use a new evo-stone on their second evolution.

That is what I would like to see, oh, and I third the motion that it would be awesome if you could play with other people, as in an MM0 instead of just battling/trading. That would be sweet. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:54 am
Frankly I'd like to see HM's be reworked.

With some I can see AS an attack, like cut, flash and rock smash. However, Rock climb...i don't get how climbing rocks is an attack neutral Or fly, or surf...Waterfall, I can imagine, Stregth though is another that makes me go 'Wha?', they alwas have since R/B/Y.

How I'd like to see it done would to be, when you get the HM, it like affects all pokemon you have that apply to it, (I.e, Fly becoming available to all birds and such) and it would actually be in its own category, like abilitys or Function. In doing this you wouldn't have to have the HM eat a move slot, or have an HM slave eat a team slot.

Next, I would love the option to have like one pokemon be out of its ball and follow you around, I personally found it kinda funny in Yellow and frankly I want my gardevoir to follow me around on my game like in my RPs 3nodding You could have like an option to let out the pokemon in your first slot, with some exceptions for a realism touch (Like...not being able to have your magikarp out, or it could flop around behind you...could be funny ninja )

In a way you could put these two concepts together, like you could have to have like...a machoke out to move the boulders out of the way, or a scyther out to cut trees and whatever water pokemon you have to surf..

This would probably be a pain to program but, I'd still love seeing it.  

DelitaKingdrake

8,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

Junk the Guild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:06 pm
I would like to see Custamized looks (like PBR) and imput height and weight which you can change over time.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:34 am
PBR's customization wasn't that great.....Something along the lines of Mass Effect or Rock Band's customization system would be cool though.  

Fullmetal-Shinobi

rose_angel46

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:50 pm

I want a game where you can visit every region (that has been shown in the T.V series) and be able to catch all of the Pokemon! I also want a more variety of characters to be available to choose, maybe custom characters (like Ash, May, Misty etc.) or you can customize your own character biggrin ! That would be fun. I don't want there to be anymore pokemon though, 493 is too much now -_- .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:05 pm
In The Next Generation I would like to be able to vist more places rather than just Kanto, Jhoto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. I 'd like some new worlds to dicover like Paris or somewher in europe make the game world wide, make the character go to Places he's never seen, have a whole new bunch of pokemon. I'd like to go to Paris , Rome, Egypt, and Other places in the world of Pokemon not just stuck with four Regions. Make the game world wide International. Have airports, have cars that take you any where have roads where cars can drive. I sound dillusional but I'm working on that my self.  

G e e ksteria

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Junk the Guild

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:28 pm
Fullmetal-Shinobi
PBR's customization wasn't that great.....Something along the lines of Mass Effect or Rock Band's customization system would be cool though.

Yeah I know, but where there's over 200 possabilties. And each month through Nintendo Wi-fi a new set of clothes will be added.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:40 pm
I think we should be able to change the age. I get so tired of playing as a ten year old..........  

Negai Boshi
Captain

Junk the Guild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:09 pm
Negai Boshi
I think we should be able to change the age. I get so tired of playing as a ten year old..........

Actually, that would not be a bad idea.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:40 pm
DelitaKingdrake
Frankly I'd like to see HM's be reworked.

With some I can see AS an attack, like cut, flash and rock smash. However, Rock climb...i don't get how climbing rocks is an attack neutral Or fly, or surf...Waterfall, I can imagine, Stregth though is another that makes me go 'Wha?', they alwas have since R/B/Y.

How I'd like to see it done would to be, when you get the HM, it like affects all pokemon you have that apply to it, (I.e, Fly becoming available to all birds and such) and it would actually be in its own category, like abilitys or Function. In doing this you wouldn't have to have the HM eat a move slot, or have an HM slave eat a team slot.

My idea was to allow a pokemon to have 6-8 moves known but only 4 active at a time (kinda like Guild Wars and Dungeon Runners). That way the crappy HM moves wouldn't be needlessly eating move slots.

I've always thought it was kind of silly that a Pokemon would suddenly forget how to do something it knew how to do 30 seconds ago. Even I'm not that forgetful.

But now I prefer your idea of making HMs not be attacks at all; especially since so bloody many of them through the years were water-type attacks.

-----

The other change I'd like to see is also HM related. I get tired of:
* Walk up to a tree
* Hit 'A'
* "This tree looks like it can be cut."
* "Do you want to use cut?"
* "Y/N"
* Select "Yes"
* "_____ uses cut"
* animation
* tree vanishes

How about:
* Walk up to a tree
* Hit 'A'
* tree vanishes

At least take a page from Final Fantasy Tactics and have an option to turn of the noob prompts (I call it "I'm over the age of 10 mode").  

kitsunegami

Pokemon Unleashed

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff