Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Do you think that any anime follows the manga plot? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hisonimate_severn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:53 pm
Do you think that anime follows the manga it was made from?

In my opinion I think it doesn't. Example would be DNAngel. The manga was made first and then they made the anime. The anime's story plot is nothing like the manga's story plot.
I want to know what you guys think.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:18 pm
they usually change some stuff, but overall it's fairly similar.  

Robiroth

ryuukansei

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:46 pm
They commonly only follow the manga plot in earlier episodes, many anime endings are different with the manga version.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:14 pm
Yea, it depends on two things

1. Did the same person direct both the manga and anime?
and
2. How much did people like the anime if it came first or the manga if that did?

but overall, I think they sometimes do, but not down to every detail....a good example in Full Moon wo Sagashite.....-^^-  

Neko_Kun_14

2,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

jinxchan6306

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:30 am
a few do like Tsubasa does up 2 ep 20  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:08 pm
I think they change some of the stuff to make it longer -- but they do follow some of what the manga has xd  

JenJenAnime

Kuro_Senshi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:28 am
The anime follows the manga sometimes.

Death Note does and the beginning of DNAngel did to a point.
They had to finish the anime but the manga is not even done yet, so they had to have it have a different storyline. The same thing happened to Loveless.

Yu Yu Hakusho and Escaflone don't.
The manga for Yu Yu Hakusho was much more intense, as the main character smoked, drank, and swore frequently and his mother was an obvious member of the Yakuza. They made the anime more kid friendly.
Escaflowne doesn't because the anime was made first, then the movie, then two mangas, all of which have absolute nothing to do with each other plot wise.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:51 am
jhglyg  

cloudndh91

aminea88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:47 am
It depends on the manga/anime. Some animes are nearly the exact same as the manga, others are completely different, like in FMA, the story is very different in the anime then the original manga. The animes have filler, the naruto ones were HORRIBE (nearly died through those xp )  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:41 pm
Fruits Basket was a MAJOR let down. In the middle of 8 (manga) they CHANGED EVERYTHING.
And they changed the ending. The Anime ended at vol. 6 and after vol.8 they change story and artist.
And they Made Hatsuharu Souma Straight crying
I only have the first 8 purchased because it shows all the characters that were introduced in the anime. Now if vol. 6 was at the end instead of being vol.6 it could've worked. And they should've kept the artist, they kept the name the same so Natsuki Takaya would get a part of the profits.

BlackSharpieMarker

Twilight Slayer Inveran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:47 am
The anime of Fullmetal alchemist was changed drastically from the 2nd episode.

The main enemy changed, Some charcaters from the manga never appeared.
its still okay, but would have been better if they followed the plot  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:02 am
hello!!!!! ^^  

Foxy310

Foxy310

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:03 am
moo rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 4laugh 4laugh burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:47 pm
It depends on which anime. Fullmetal Alchemist didn't follow the manga to save anything. Inuyasha did follow the manga, just out of order and not making sense. With the exception of the ridiculous number of fillers, Naruto follows the manga to a T. Fruits Basket followed the manga, with only minor changes and a cut-off in the worst place imaginable. Bleach follows the manga exactly.

Then there's Hellsing. The tv show for that one just sucked. OVA rules.  

Jashin-has-judged-you

rabbitbutt

Loiterer

13,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:32 pm
UH... I dunno neutral sweatdrop domokun domokun domokun domokun  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items