Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would L become a Hollow?
  Yes, he had unfinished business
  Quite possibly
  No! L's a good guy!
  No. He knew Mello and Near would finish what he started.
View Results

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:54 am
wahmbulance Spoiler warning!!!! If you haven't read chapter 58, volume 7, or you haven't watched episode 25, please do not go any further unless you want the most disappointing plot twist in Death Note! wahmbulance

Ok, that's out of the way now. Is everyone here with the basic knowledge of the above spoiler? 3nodding I think so.

In the wonderful world of Bleach, the anime, we have completely different views of the afterlife, where as Death Note really doesn't have one. Let's suppose that what Bleach says about the afterlife is true.

Our beloved L might very well have become a Hollow by the laws of Bleach, because a Hollow is:

a) A nasty ghost that's got unfinished business
b) Usually ended in a way they never expected
c) Has a possible vengeance on someone.

There's several reasons that I think L would have become a Hollow if it were the world of spirits and Soul Reapers. For one, I personally know someone (I'm not mentioning any names) that survived a heart attack, and it was very painful for them to even live with it. I can't imagine dying of such a painful cause. It leads me to believe that L had a very violent end, despite his peaceful looks in eternal sleep.

Also, L never accomplished his mission he set out to do before his inevitable end. He himself was convinced Light was Kira, but he never got to convince the other members of the task force of that fact. This means he never got Light arrested and gave him the death penalty as Kira.

That's all I can think up for now. There might be updates. Here's a little bit of rules of discussion:

1. NO FLAMING. I don't care if you don't like Bleach. I won't have any flames in this thread. This is for intellectual discussion, not criticism that's counter-productive.

2. Stay on topic (always a must).

3. Feel free to argue with me. I'm open to everyone's opinion.

4. Happy discussing!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:03 am
After a certain point I think L just wanted to win, and not just capture Kira. The last think he thought/saw was that he has been right all along, that Light was Kira. So I don't think that L would have died unsatisfied.

L believed that justice would win out in the end right? So why should he fuss over not being the one to capture Light, when he has prodigious children waiting to surpass him, and a task force to keep an eye on Light.

Besides, I think L would make an ugly Hallow, unless he becomes an Arrancar. But they're not so big on justice there.  

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:39 pm
Strange crossover but I don't think L would be a hallow under the Bleach circumstances.

He's a human being and goes through all the emotions any other normal human being does but the way he handles them is quite different. So pety things like revenge or something of the sort is definately not the case.

Also he knew very well that there was a possibility he could die... be killed in this case. L's main goal for the Kira Case was to find out who was doing the murders and to put him to justice. And although he didn't do it directly, his goal still succeded.

He was prepared was my point and he thought of possible outcomes AKA the "what ifs". I guess you could think of Near and Mello as his "Plan B".

L thinks straight forward and thoroughly. He's the last person who would grieve over a mistake, a failure or fall victim to revenge or spite.

That's the jist of what I think.

... You know thinking about it now I don't really watch Bleach that much at all. Pretty easy to follow without having to actually watch all the episodes. -Has seen maybe 20 episodes~All out of Order- xD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:12 pm
That's an interesting though.
But I don't think L could be a Hollow. I don't think he'd be interested in revenge...he kind of anticipated that he could die. He knew justice would prevail in the end and I guess he figured Mello and Near could take Light out by themselves after he was gone.
And personally, I think he'd be kind of curious to know what was out there after death. Once the actual death was over with...

I've actually seen some art with L as a Hollow, though. O_o

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:57 am
You've all brought up some very interesting points so far. I think that I like this little discussion I've started. However, I still can't help the fact that L met his end in a very brutal, violent way, and to top it off, Light smiled at him. The man he thought was his friend was smiling during his last breaths. That's got to be unsettling at the least.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:49 am
It's true he did say that Light ws his friend but his suspicions of Light being Kira never ceased. I don't think their "friendship" lead to L's downfall but to be honest I don't think L took their "friendship" all too seriously. (That foot massage in the anime-only doesn't count! D< ) You have to remember L really sets himself higher for such small things like pity, vengence, revenge, spite, hate ect.

Things are how they are and if there is nothing he can do to change it then he can't let it bother him, it'll just be a burden if he does. That is what I think how L thinks. :3

Tea with Bubbly

surgexmonkey
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:17 pm
Bleach sucks talk2hand [/flame]
Can't yell at me though, can you? :O
Nah, just kidding. XP Honestly, I don't much like Bleach, but... it makes sense. >>  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:15 pm
Ergghhh.
L would not become a hollow, because hollows tend to be the souls of irrational and illogical people.
L doesn't seem the type to go monster to get Light, and that would go against his morals as well because hollows feed on innocent people too, they don't just stop with their revenge if they get it at all. They get hungry.
L seems the guy to lay back and watch...from the stars...or heaven or soul society or whatever and just believe in his successors.  

SCP-511

UltimaMage3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:54 am
L wouldn't become a Hollow, unless he got lost on the way to Soul Society and he ended up in Hollow's World, where he might get his soul eaten and become a Hollow himself.

He may have died a violent death, but he died knowing that he was right, and that his successors would finish what he started. So, yeah. He wouldn't become a Hollow in that case either.

crying Besides, if he did, some Bleach Shinigami would show up to kick his a**, and that's not right.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:16 am
UltimaMage3
L wouldn't become a Hollow, unless he got lost on the way to Soul Society and he ended up in Hollow's World, where he might get his soul eaten and become a Hollow himself.

He may have died a violent death, but he died knowing that he was right, and that his successors would finish what he started. So, yeah. He wouldn't become a Hollow in that case either.

crying Besides, if he did, some Bleach Shinigami would show up to kick his a**, and that's not right.

I still think that the thoughts of L eating Light's soul in the end really amuse me. I don't know maybe I'm morbid.  

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100

rabbitbutt

Loiterer

13,550 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:27 pm
Persistence_of_Memory
But I don't think L could be a Hollow. I don't think he'd be interested in revenge...he kind of anticipated that he could die. He knew justice would prevail in the end and I guess he figured Mello and Near could take Light out by themselves after he was gone.
And personally, I think he'd be kind of curious to know what was out there after death. Once the actual death was over with...

I had the same thought. Exactly what she said.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:48 am
L probably knew from the beginning that he would... crying I can't say, I'm still denying it... So anyway, I believe he knew that Near and Mello would finish what he started in the first place, plus he even met them face-to-face, so I believe that L had a major impact on their lives, he's their hero.

L knew that one way or another Light/Kira would get what's coming to him. Talk about, "What comes around, comes around..." whee

But L would not become an hallow, I've seen some of Bleach but not too much these days... stare Anyway, I believed that L was okay with the fact, because he knew that he would be revenged by Near and Mello, he knew that his death would not be in vain. cry

It's depressing that he has to die but I believe, he would have done it anyway even if he knew this would happen, he knew the risks and took them. At one point, he even said that he didn't fear death. That takes a lot of courage to say, in my opinion...

That is all...  

Raimu_Fuyuki

Raimu_Fuyuki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:51 am
L wants strawberries
Persistence_of_Memory

I had the same thought. Exactly what she said.

DITTO!! Everyone has my same views, sure they are a bit different each time, everyone has the same point in their own opinions. Also, revenge never pays...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:57 am
interesting thought but i don't think so he knew Light was Kira and he trusted Near and Mello as Successors. I don't think he would even care enough to become hollow. and besides i think he knew he was going to die i think he expected it.  

AngelsXWithinXTheXDamned

Ruuche

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:39 am
I've been alone all my life...User Image

nah, L wouldn't become a hollow. He knows that if he ever was to fail, Near, Mello, and Matt would avenge him and catch Kira in his place. That way, he'd go without any harsh feelings of vengeance, but he'd go with feelings of sadness.

but now I've gained my lightUser Image

The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces