Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Visual Art's Key/Tactics Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: AirTV, Kanon, Clannad, AngelBeats 

Reply Anime: Air
Air TV Discussion Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:53 pm
Discuss Air TV here. Likes, dislikes...the basic stuff.

At the beginning of the story, Yukito comes across a small seaside town where the story takes place. On his first day in town, Yukito tries to earn money by putting on a mysterious puppet show for kids he finds by manipulating a doll magically without strings. Yukito is unsuccessful in gaining the children's favor, and the children end up running off without paying him for his performance.

Defeated after not getting any money, and not having enough for even a meal, Yukito falls asleep on a seawall near the beach. He awakens the next day to find beside him a young girl who introduces herself as Misuzu Kamio – a sincere yet clumsy girl who is eager to become friends with him. Misuzu persistently attempts to play with him, while Yukito tries to refuse her efforts. When Misuzu finds out Yukito has not eaten anything since the day before, she suggests that he come to her house and eat for the time being.

The main girls of this story are: Misuzu Kamio, Kano Kirishima, Minagi Tohno, and Kannabi No Mikoto.

Gao~!

(Special thanks to xDeidara for putting up enough money (and a bit more) for this subforum!)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:16 pm
Might as well give my input. Air is still my favorite anime thus far. I tend to like tragedy over joyous events, and Air was the most tragic so far. I have not played through Clannad, so I don't know if it is tragic or not, but i do know it is sad as well. Sucks for poor Misuzu....at least she is flying in the sky now. crying  

Haruko Kamio
Crew

Mimi Misuzu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:50 am
I really enjoyed Air, I watch so many series at a time but I wasn't too surprised when I found myself going back to watch Air again.
I love it so much T^T I now have an obsession with saying "nihaha" and "gao"
No anime character has inspired me as much as Misuzu has, to work hard and achieve my goals
I now also have an obsession with anime angels, and my walls are covered with Misuzu and other anime
Aozora never fails to make me cry either, I have even learnt the words, English and Japanese.
Wow I always post in forums about Air but never have I said this much
hmm ^-^ well, to finish, anyone who hasn't seen Air should go watch it.. now
oh! And I am currently watching Kanon 2006 which I find very similar to Air. Its still really good though, afterwards I'm going to watch Clannad which is a new one I think from the same makers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:18 am
Mimi Misuzu
I really enjoyed Air, I watch so many series at a time but I wasn't too surprised when I found myself going back to watch Air again.
No anime character has inspired me as much as Misuzu has, to work hard and achieve my goals
I now also have an obsession with anime angels, and my walls are covered with Misuzu and other anime
Aozora never fails to make me cry either, I have even learnt the words, English and Japanese.
oh! And I am currently watching Kanon 2006 which I find very similar to Air. Its still really good though, afterwards I'm going to watch Clannad which is a new one I think from the same makers

I know, Misuzu does rub off on you pretty easy. ^_^ I have picked up a few things IRL from anime before (Such as speaking in 3rd person from Excel Saga)...And honestly, I was not so emotional until Air broke me in. I am so emotional to alot of things now.

You know the words huh? Damn, i got to get learning some of those songs. Natsukage's vocalled version would be lovely, it is too cute, haha.

Yes, you will enjoy the remainder of Kanon, and Clannad as well. How far are you in Kanon?

Oh, lastly, have you played any Air PC games? (Doujin games)  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Mimi Misuzu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:38 pm
Minak0
Mimi Misuzu

I know, Misuzu does rub off on you pretty easy. ^_^ I have picked up a few things IRL from anime before (Such as speaking in 3rd person from Excel Saga)...And honestly, I was not so emotional until Air broke me in. I am so emotional to alot of things now.

You know the words huh? Damn, i got to get learning some of those songs. Natsukage's vocalled version would be lovely, it is too cute, haha.

Yes, you will enjoy the remainder of Kanon, and Clannad as well. How far are you in Kanon?

I love Natsukage, piano and background version, hee hee I even dance to it sometimes, like a ballet performance, not, that I can do ballet XD

I just watched Kanon episode 16 Shiori.. is she going to die T^T no wait dont tell me..

What's Clannand about? You know just the bascis, I would look it up but I've come across too many spoilers to ever trust myself with looking up things again lol -_-

Air has PC games?? :O:O wow, can I download them, or do I have to buy them? I live in the UK so I dont know if I'd have to buy it off the internet or not >.>

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 2:50 pm
Mimi Misuzu
Minak0
Mimi Misuzu

I love Natsukage, piano and background version, hee hee I even dance to it sometimes, like a ballet performance, not, that I can do ballet XD

I just watched Kanon episode 16 Shiori.. is she going to die T^T no wait dont tell me..

What's Clannand about? You know just the bascis, I would look it up but I've come across too many spoilers to ever trust myself with looking up things again lol -_-

Air has PC games?? :O:O wow, can I download them, or do I have to buy them? I live in the UK so I dont know if I'd have to buy it off the internet or not >.>

I downloaded Kanon and Air for the PC along with an English patch. Problem with that was the English patch was only for Misuzu's part. And Kanon I didn't even play. I know of a program to translate them into broken English...I really wish an Official English patch came out. I also wish that ADV would be FORCED to translate the games if they licensed the anime series. xD That would have made me happier about the license.

I downloaded them just to have them and be able to experience what it was like. Downloading is wrong and heck usually I never care but when it comes to a company I love and want to support, I can't download Keys work and not feel guilty. Downloading though can also be a good thing in a way..well, I've downloaded all the OSTs and stuff but slowly I am buying them one by one. As for the games, I'm definitely going to buy them to add to my collection and I would buy them a lot sooner if a 100% English patch was made.

I'm also buying the R1 Air Dvds soon since I can watch them on my TV and enjoy the subtitles. Money is the only problem here lol. So yea, even though I've downloaded Keys games, music, and anime series, slowly I'm paying them back. >.>; If It weren't for downloads though, I'd never of gotten this far and that is why it can be a good thing. Depends how you look at it.

I've probably already broken some Gaia rules in that post by mentioning downloads lol, I hope not..But I know I can't tell you WHERE to download the games.  

Frost Leaf Withers

Clean Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:39 pm
Mimi Misuzu
Minak0
Mimi Misuzu

Perhaps I will add some legal media here and there sooner or later. I have the Orangedisc vocalled version, and it is adorable as Hell.

Yes, just keep watching. smile

"Tomoya Okazaki is a third year high school student resentful of his life. His mother passed away from a car accident when he was younger, causing his father to resort to alcohol and cigarettes. This results in fights between the two until Tomoya's shoulder is injured in a fight. Since then, Tomoya has had distant relationships with his father, causing him to become a delinquent over time. While on a walk to school, he meets a strange girl named Nagisa Furukawa who is a year older, but is repeating due to illness. Due to this, she is often alone as most of her friends have moved on. The two begin hanging out and slowly, as time goes by, Tomoya finds his life shifting in a new direction." ~ Taken from AAN.

Yes, there is Airrade, Airrade in summer (Flying games, here are images of it:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Ryoshimaru/Anime/Air/Game/24087526_b97f7c73d5_o.png
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/Ryoshimaru/Anime/Air/Game/Chibimisuzuvsayu.jpg

Also a game with all the Key characters in it (Eternal Fighter Zero), and a few others. Fun stuff. smile

Asian By Default
I downloaded Kanon and Air for the PC along with an English patch. Problem with that was the English patch was only for Misuzu's part. And Kanon I didn't even play. I know of a program to translate them into broken English...I really wish an Official English patch came out. I also wish that ADV would be FORCED to translate the games if they licensed the anime series. xD That would have made me happier about the license.

I am willing to bet this program is Atlas. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 2:30 am
So, so what you are saying is that its not an offical game like, um Archlord, its you one you have to track to download, ok, eh, I'm willing to wait and see if they evere bring a proper one out, hey Air and Kanon on Wii, now that, would be cool ^-^

ehhh? Those images were soo cute, its like an Air version of sonic in a way ^-^

Oh btw, is this guild going to have banners? I would offer to make some, but, I'm like a noob at things like that <.<
Oh oh oh and I want to make a better Air profile, there arent any good premade ones, but I'm a noob at that was well sweatdrop know any good tutorial sites?
3nodding

And actually I'm gonna have a go at the banners, I have nothing else to do, accept revise for mock exams but, naahhh. If thats ok with you, can I make banners?

Mimi Misuzu

Frost Leaf Withers

Clean Gaian

7,500 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:46 am
Awhile ago I was looking for a few fan made Air games:

Artimis Blade (I think thats how it was spelt)

Pocket Kanon Air

And the Christmas version of AIRrade.

I have AIRrade-Air and AIRrade-Summer but not the Christmas one. I think there are only 3?

Still looking for those 3 games I'm missing and also the Key game that Minak0 just told me about.

I really wish that the Psp Air game was translated. There are tons of nice looking psp games (and PS2 T^T) in Japan. I get so jealous when I see them all in my Dengeki G's Magazine and figure I'll probably never play them. I don't own a Psp because I haven't seen any titles here that I want to buy. But it I could play a translated Air I'd but it just for that.

And the art on the little Air Psp game looks cute. >.<

And Mimi, there are official Air and Kanon games. I don't know what it would be like for a girl playing it since they're Bishoujo games (hough have very few adult content scenes) and as for being a "game" it's umm..well you probably know what a Bishoujo game is like. Those fan made games are fun and totally different. xD

I should make banners also. I'm going to make an Air layout once I learn more about web design since my school fails at teaching it haha.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:17 am
Mimi Misuzu
So, so what you are saying is that its not an offical game like, um Archlord, its you one you have to track to download, ok, eh, I'm willing to wait and see if they evere bring a proper one out, hey Air and Kanon on Wii, now that, would be cool ^-^

ehhh? Those images were soo cute, its like an Air version of sonic in a way ^-^

Oh btw, is this guild going to have banners? I would offer to make some, but, I'm like a noob at things like that <.<
Oh oh oh and I want to make a better Air profile, there arent any good premade ones, but I'm a noob at that was well sweatdrop know any good tutorial sites?
3nodding

And actually I'm gonna have a go at the banners, I have nothing else to do, accept revise for mock exams but, naahhh. If thats ok with you, can I make banners?

Yea, they are fan studios that make the games. Very fun I might add. Glad you liked the images. Airrade, the first version was hard, haha.

Yea, there will be banners t

Asian By Default
Awhile ago I was looking for a few fan made Air games:

Artimis Blade (I think thats how it was spelt)

Pocket Kanon Air

And the Christmas version of AIRrade.

I have AIRrade-Air and AIRrade-Summer but not the Christmas one. I think there are only 3?

Still looking for those 3 games I'm missing and also the Key game that Minak0 just told me about.

I really wish that the Psp Air game was translated. There are tons of nice looking psp games (and PS2 T^T) in Japan. I get so jealous when I see them all in my Dengeki G's Magazine and figure I'll probably never play them. I don't own a Psp because I haven't seen any titles here that I want to buy. But it I could play a translated Air I'd but it just for that.

And the art on the little Air Psp game looks cute. >.<

And Mimi, there are official Air and Kanon games. I don't know what it would be like for a girl playing it since they're Bishoujo games (hough have very few adult content scenes) and as for being a "game" it's umm..well you probably know what a Bishoujo game is like. Those fan made games are fun and totally different. xD

I should make banners also. I'm going to make an Air layout once I learn more about web design since my school fails at teaching it haha.

There is a Super Smash Bros like game of Air/Kanon too, but the graphics aren't terrific. There are quite a few out there. Airrade is definitely the most fun one to play though.

If the PSP one was translated, I would get a PSP for that alone. That and Kanon's. Lovely games they are.

Yea, the official games are dating sims. You play the male (In this case, Yukito), and you go through the path of who you want to be with, Misuzu, Kano, or Minagi). I played ONE myself, and those kind of games are fun and funny, haha. There are all ages versions too, so that is good. I suppose if you like it for just story alone, and don't play the H-Version, girls probably wouldn't have a problem. It is a cute game after all. ^_^  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Mimi Misuzu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:44 am
^-^ My new quest is now to look for Air games, you say theres one for the PSP?? Man I only have a DS lite crying lol

um.. I think I was supposed to say more.. It will come back to me

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:26 am
Mimi Misuzu
^-^ My new quest is now to look for Air games, you say theres one for the PSP?? Man I only have a DS lite crying lol

The PSP games are raw though.

http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/8288
http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-j/section-games/pid-1004961930/

Pretty expensive though. All imports always are. The Doujin games, you never need to know Japanese to play them. You can pick them up at Simulationstyle.  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Mimi Misuzu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:57 pm
Minak0
Mimi Misuzu

Pretty expensive though. All imports always are. The Doujin games, you never need to know Japanese to play them. You can pick them up at Simulationstyle.

Thanks for the links ^-^ aww -_- now I got to go buy a psp lol, they're in dollars too, do you think they will bring it out in the UK?

Oh and I was looking for Natsukage the vocal version, found plenty of posts but no actual soundtrack, if I'm allowed to ask, actually I dont think I am sweatdrop eh.. -_-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:50 pm
Mimi Misuzu
Minak0
Mimi Misuzu

Thanks for the links ^-^ aww -_- now I got to go buy a psp lol, they're in dollars too, do you think they will bring it out in the UK?

Oh and I was looking for Natsukage the vocal version, found plenty of posts but no actual soundtrack, if I'm allowed to ask, actually I dont think I am sweatdrop eh.. -_-

Awe, that sucks. wink  

Minak0
Captain

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Anime: Air

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff