Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Cosplay and Tekteks
yokaiy's Cosplay Thread (Ico/Black/WV/John?) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yokaiy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:04 pm
yokaiy's cosplay board

Okay, so it's been done. Who cares?! It's a damn good idea...

Anywhoo, this is a convenient place where I can put all my cosplay stuff, which I will hereby start posting stuff in now, and update as I progress. Yay!

Index:
1. You Are Here
2. Convention Calendar
3. Finished Cosplays
4. Pending Cosplays
5. Just In Case I Need Another Post  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:05 pm
convention calendar

PAST CONVENTIONS
OTAKON 2008: August 8 - 10
~KAITO (Vocaloid)
~Zelkova
~maid!Cloud

ANIME USA 2008: October 10 - 12
~Zelkova

KATSUCON 2009: February 13 - 15
~KAITO (Vocaloid)
~Cubia

OTAKON 2010: July 30 - August 1
~5 (9)
~Gold (Pokémon)

UPCOMING CONVENTIONS
DURRHURR UH....

Katsucon at some point.

Otakon at some other point.

Anime North if I get super luck at another point.  

yokaiy

yokaiy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:06 pm
finished cosplays

EDWARD III (Cowboy Bebop)
Cosplay picture: None, thank gawd... XD
Debut: Oh, hell... A long time ago at Otakon...
Retired: Because I don't have it anymore. ^^; Parts of it got lost or thrown out by my mom.

ALLEN WALKER (D.Gray-Man, suit outfit)
Cosplay picture:
User Image
Debut: Otakon 2006
Retired: NOT

(mini)AZURE KITE (.hack//ROOTS - G.U.)
Cosplay picture:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Debut: Otakon 2007
Retired: Anime USA 2008. Because it's falling apart like hell. XD IT SERVED ME WELL, AND I AM PROUD. But yeh, prolly not gonna be worn again.

KAITO (Vocaloid)
Cosplay picture:
Debut: Otakon 2008

ZELKOVA (.hack//G.U)
Cosplay picture:

maid!CLOUD (FF7 Crisis Core)
Cosplay picture:
Retired: Because the wig is a mess and the dress (not the apron) was borrowed. ^^;

Cubia (.hack//XXXX)
Cosplay picture:
Debut: Katsucon 2009

5 (9)
Cosplay picture:
Debut: Otakon 2010
Retired: NOT but needs to be reworked a bit. Mostly the head.

Gold (Pokémon)
Cosplay picture:
Debut: Otakon 2010
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:07 pm
pending cosplays

Ico (Ico)
Character Picture:

Stuff needed (stuff I've gotten will be struck through):
~Horns
~Headband
~Black wig (might reuse Cubia wig)
~Red shirt
~Belt thing
~Over-thing
~Pants
~Sandals
~Arm bands/bandages

Updates:
August 26: Been meaning to announce my wanting to do this. Though I will need a Yorda like whoah. The cosplay is only half finished if I don't have a Yorda. That said, anyone going to AUSA or Katsucon or Otakon who is a pale female taller than I am and willing to walk around in a white dress and no shoes and get led around by me for a con, PLZ TELL ME AND BE MY YORDA PLZ. Anyway, as it stands, I would LIKE to do this a lot, but who knows.

Black (Pokémon BW)
Character Picture:

Stuff needed (stuff I've gotten will be struck through):
~Hat
~Jacket
~C-Gear or whatever it is
~Pants
~Shoes
~Bag

Updates:
September 28: So, I'm contemplating doing Black. I mean, he pretty much... is me. If I were male and in the Pokémon world. We look stupid alike, I wouldn't even need a wig! It'd be great. I mean, short brown hair? Check. Affinity for hats? Check. Snappy dresser? Check. Pokémon Master? CHECK.

Wayward Vagabond/WV (Homestuck)
Character Picture:

Stuff Needed:
~Everything, too lazy to list atm

Updates
Jan 12: So, Homestuck. Yeah. XD

John (Homestuck)
Character Picture:

Stuff Needed:
~Wig (might be able to BS old Cubia wig, but probably will need a new one) Mostly done.
~Wind-sock cape-hoodie
~Blue shirt
~Blue pants Mostly done.
~Yellow ******** oh man or some other hammer

Updates
Jan 12: If not WV, I'd like to do John lol. Or Karkat, but that's another issue entirely. IDK if I wanna paint myself gray for that. Anyway, John is derp and that hoodie-cape is love and I love this comic and the characters and there's like HALF THE CAST I want to cosplay sob. I'll probably do John OR WV, but most likely not both. The only problem is which one...

Feb 13: Hood get. Well, part of the hood. Still working on the long part.
x
May 21: Mostly done, just in time for Anime North in a week. : > Here's a few pictures of part of it.
x x x x  

yokaiy

yokaiy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:08 pm
Reserved.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:15 am
I'M GOING TO OTAKON AGAIN, YOKAI!!! it's ugust 4 to the 6th I believe 8D

I'M SO POSING WITH YOU IF YOU DO ALLEN 8D  

BreathLessX
Crew

yokaiy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:07 pm
BreathLessX
I'M GOING TO OTAKON AGAIN, YOKAI!!! it's ugust 4 to the 6th I believe 8D

I'M SO POSING WITH YOU IF YOU DO ALLEN 8D

YAY! I'm going to kidnap you! xD And drag you around with me for the con. >_> SO BRING A SIGN SAYING "HAY YOKAIY, IT'S BL!!" or something. <3

xD Yay Allen~  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:45 pm
...Good luck with Zelkova...I suggest that you paper mache the horns...make a basic wire frame from floral wire and attach them to hairclips...then have at it.........far the thing on the back....maybe sculpt it from foam then fiberglass it to strengthen it...it's really easy to do...just make sure you do it outside because of the fumes..,Sylabus did that for her keyblade...came out pretty good...but it is expensive...  

Endranse

8,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:12 pm
HELL YEAH 8D (LOL at my friend Janis, cause she said she going to follow me around XD )  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:51 pm
@ Endranse: OH GOD THANK YOU. D: This costume will kill me with all the eccentricies. Most of it's going to be surprisingly easy, but getting the fan and horns to look GOOD will be torture.

How do I make something out of fiberglass? ^^;

@ BL: We'll kidnap her as well. >D  

yokaiy

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Or you could use Paperclay for the horns. I saw a kick a** Edea headpiece/horns/whatever made of Paperclay somewhere on Cosplay.com... I should find it for you.

I'm pretty sure Paperclay is cheaper and I imagine it'd be easier to work with.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:50 pm
Thanks. ^^; If you could find a link, that'd be glorious. :3 And thanks for the idea. XD  

yokaiy

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:41 am
I'm such a n00b at cosplaying, It'll be easy to find me. The VERY ugly Atoli XD  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:57 am
yokaiy
@ Endranse: OH GOD THANK YOU. D: This costume will kill me with all the eccentricies. Most of it's going to be surprisingly easy, but getting the fan and horns to look GOOD will be torture.

How do I make something out of fiberglass? ^^;

@ BL: We'll kidnap her as well. >D

I'll tell you since I was the one who did it! ^_^ First, what you gotta do is get all the pieces sculpted out of the foam, pipe, or whatever you gotta sculps the back fan out of.

Then you've gotta go to Home Depot, Lowes or some other local home improvement store. Go to the Paint department and the fiberglass cloth and apoxy should be next to each other. Buy some cheap paintbrushes, like 1 in or 1.5 ins and make sure you've got some disposable containers that are small but sturdy (I found that those little half pound or 1 pound deli cylenders you get potato salid in work best.

After you have all of that, lay your pieces that are carved out on a flat surface that's covered with cardboard and line them up so they look completed (if there's more than one piece that is) MAKE SURE YOU ARE OUTSIDE!!!!! This stuff will stink and make you high and is EXTREMELY FLAMABLE!!!!!

Okay, so you lay the fiberglass cloth out over your foam, pvc, whatever it is and cut it so its either the exact same size with holes (if there's holes in the foam) or that is slightly larger. If its windy out, then pin the cloth to the foam or whatever. You'll loose the pins in the end, but you won't get too many bubbles that way.

So, after that's all set, put on a pair of plastic gloves so this stuff won't stick to your skin. Open the big jug of resin and poor some into the plastic container. It should've come with a small squeeze tube of clear stuff. This is what will make it harden in the end. Add a little at a time untill its the consistency is says it should be on the big jug, making sure you stir it all the time.

Once its all mixed up, quick!! Apply it like you're painting a wall, making sure you do one whole coat over the whole thing. Make it as even as possible too! Once the stuff in the container begins to dry, its no good! After a coat is put on, let it dry outside overnight. The next day, do the same thing to the other side. After both sides have the hardened cloth over them, then you should put at least another coat of the resin on either side.

After is all done, sand out the rough edges real good and paint!!

Though I not only suggest doing this with adult supervision, but also look up guides in the hardware store to make sure you're doing it right, ask the associates for advice or how they'd do it, and try it on a spare piece of foam. It took me 3 key-heads to get the keyblade right!

It that helpful I hope? ^^;

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300

yokaiy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:19 pm
HOLY CRAP THAT'S A LOT OF TEXT!

XD That's really helpful, yeah~ Thanks a ton, now it's just going to take me actually going out to do it, if I can. ^^;  
Cosplay and Tekteks

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff