Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PFRC Mentoring Program
Germanic Folkways Mentor Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Friendly Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:03 am
Heilsan Allir,

This is the thread in the Forum specifically directed at Mentoring. If you have just general queries, please pop into one of the other threads where I can be found, or put up a posting on the main board. I'd like to keep this reserved for long-term students where I can.

If you're new, a good place to start is this thread on M&R...

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/morality-and-religion/lokeans-and-asatru-still-here-despite-all-odds/t.633194_1/

Once upon a time it was much bigger, with a great deal of useful info, but it got eaten in the great Gaia Database Reshuffle, so it's not as big as it once was, but never the less, still useful.

History of Ulfrikr/Dirk

Born in the early 1970's (the time of the Germanic Folkways modern revival, indeed, the origin of the NNV by the Odinic Rite is around the time of my birth), to German parents whom emigrated to Australia in the late 1960's.

With the capacity of 20/20 hindsight, I am familiar with certain indicative factors which showed the probability that I'd be more attuned to my ancestral Folkways. I can remember as a child, attending a Rudolf Steiner school, at which they had the book "Gods and Heroes from Viking Mythology", a retelling of the Snorra Edda with some awesome artwork, specifically designed for children. Suffice it to say, it was my favourite book. I returned to standard schooling a little time later, and operating within that environs, didn't really start getting back into things until High School.

Quality Web Resources on the Germanic Folkways

Currently Mentoring

Synnthetika

Ver thu heil  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:39 am
I just recently joined Asatru a few months ago, I'm still learning and I would like to be taught more.  

xXxBerzerkerxXx

PFRC Mentoring Program

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff