Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Advice & Academic Studies
O_O I DON'T KNOW AND IT'S KILLING ME!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think dating friends ruins friendship?
  Yush!!
  No.
  PollWhore!!!
View Results

vampslayer3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:49 pm
:/ I don't really know what to do with my situation. Help?!?!?!
Alright, so here's what's wrong: I've got a girl who's a friend. A good friend, and I'm starting to really consider her as a prospect. Here's te problem: I don't want to ruin our friendship...
I thikn she likes me too though, and here are some reasons.
A) She's come really close to kissing me
B) We hug all the time
C) This Thursday we went outside onto the hill (It's a hill outside our school patio next to the blacktop) and we were sitting there and she said "I'm sleepy" and snuggled up against me and fell asleep.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:58 pm
Ah i went through the same thing a year or so ago. It sounds like she likes you too though. Id wait for her to make the move, it sounds like shes coming very close to it anyways. If she does ask you make sure to make it clear that even if you do break up you still want to be friends and don't want to ruin it with dating. If you put it out in the open first, if the day does come that you 2 break up it could help alot not to hurt the friendship. Be careful not to act to different around each other if you do date and dont change to try and fit into the "dating" rep.
I hope this helps and it all turns out ok! 4laugh  

Reayasha

Reayasha

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:01 pm
oh and if it helps my sister dated our friend and their both still good friends (he's my best friend). we all hang out and eat lunch together. nothing changed AT ALL so no worries!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:40 pm
I don't know about other people, but based on personal experience, I think dating a friend does ruin the relationship. (Now notice the keyword is "dating" and not "serious relationship")

When one of my closes male friends asked me to the movies alone, I made the mistake of going. I think I was either 14 or 15 at that time...don't remember. Anyway, I already knew he liked me, but I didn't really realize he was asking me on a date. So at the movie theater, he tried to hold my hand and to "steal" a kiss. He also gave a whole speech about how much he wanted me to be his girlfriend...which I thought was totally dumb. That really made me lose respect and dislike him. We used to always have so much to talk and laugh about, but now I've realized ever since I "dated" him, we have nothing much to even talk about now.

But of course, this was only my personal experience. Usually in a serious relationship or in a commitment with a close friend, it lasts, but when you're just dating out of "puppy love," it ruins friendship.  

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

PixieofDestruction

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:49 pm
I don't know how old you are but if it can turn into a marriage its doable... If it doesn't work out it will be awkward any time u see that person. That's from my personal experience.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:52 pm
Reayasha
Ah i went through the same thing a year or so ago. It sounds like she likes you too though. Id wait for her to make the move, it sounds like shes coming very close to it anyways. If she does ask you make sure to make it clear that even if you do break up you still want to be friends and don't want to ruin it with dating. If you put it out in the open first, if the day does come that you 2 break up it could help alot not to hurt the friendship. Be careful not to act to different around each other if you do date and dont change to try and fit into the "dating" rep.
I hope this helps and it all turns out ok! 4laugh

Well said! I do have one friendship that survived being a "gf" of my friend. But it was an online thing so it really didn't count so that's why we've been able to stay friends but its still kinda weird sometimes.  

PixieofDestruction

Advice & Academic Studies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff