Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
"YOU DONT LIKE ANIME?! BUT YOU'RE ASIAN!" Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iAnimorph

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:42 am
I swear to god, I get the typical stereotype by others when they find out I don't like anime. They go "But you're Asian!". So annoying. I feel as if when they say that, It seems that they are implying I'm the only Asian who doesn't like anime.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:59 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

When people put a label on me about my culture, I just spit at them "Are you trying to learn me my own culture? You see that door over there? Get out."

Well, I went through my "Japanese culture addict" phase long ago. Now, I'm just indifferent. I do watch from time to time anime, but only Naruto Shippuuden and Bleach catch my attention. I do get irritated when people gather around me and ask me if I like those "Chinese cartoons" like most of they call them. =/

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rebirth Project

iAnimorph

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:25 am
It used to bother me a lot more a long time ago, but I realized up to now there will always be stereotypes and you need to just learn to laugh it off. It still bothers me inside though that when people know nothing about yourself and they go off and say "Oh my god, do you eat egg rolls and rice all the time?" "You don't like anime? But you're Asian!" Bleh.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:31 pm
I'm into anime and all, but I wouldn't say that all Asians like/love anime/manga. I think that, besides, having to be technological wizards, may be the worst stereotype. When I was really little, like in elementary school, I was one of those anime otaku. (I consider fan and otaku two different levels of fandom.) Now I'm just an on-and-off fan.

I'm kind of used to others stereotyping me nowadays. I actually use it to my advantage during ROTC. I'll walk by teh way the Korean soldier does and say, "Korean Army coming through!" Knock everyone out every single time.  

Special Agent Nishin

Chocolate marshmallow gum

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:44 pm
Oh my gosh well when some freakin white racist kid says that about you, you have to go, "Well you don't like those laffy duck cartoons? You're American!"

And you don't like anime? =O

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:00 pm
Chocolate marshmallow gum
Oh my gosh well when some freakin white racist kid says that about you, you have to go, "Well you don't like those laffy duck cartoons? You're American!"

And you don't like anime? =O
No I don't. I never really got into it.

Nishin: Yeah so have I. Stereotypes will always be out there. Might as well get used to it. It gets to me sometimes bleh.

iAnimorph

BeiZhiMing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:52 pm
I get the same thing man stare i hate it.I watch Death Note,Cromartie High School,DBZ,and FLCL.Everyone thinks i like/know everything about Bleach and Naruto and i despise both stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:56 pm
i like anime but my friend who is also asian doesnt and i dont care  

tehmagicalboxfairy

Tipsy Fairy

12,550 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conventioneer 300

SDES

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:23 pm
If they are black - "You don't like KFC/Watermelons/Ghetto booty/tribal music/Xbox? But you're black!"

If they are white - "You don't like Simple Plan/NASCAR/Keith Urban/Missy Higgins/Emo people/Scene people/Homosexual marriages/Xbox? But you're white!"

All races can get the same treatment. Keywords being "all" and "can".  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:41 pm
SDES
If they are black - "You don't like KFC/Watermelons/Ghetto booty/tribal music/Xbox? But you're black!"

If they are white - "You don't like Simple Plan/NASCAR/Keith Urban/Missy Higgins/Emo people/Scene people/Homosexual marriages/Xbox? But you're white!"

All races can get the same treatment. Keywords being "all" and "can".

I didn't say they don't. I'm just pointing out how annoying stereotypes can be, though everyone knows already. Bleh. Stupid stereotypes. *Kicks it* :[  

iAnimorph

L-article

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:16 pm
Oh wow.
Stereotypes. *snickers*
Heeeeeeey at least we have cool hair down. yesyes?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Gusto kong makasama lang kita, kahit kapiling mu na siya.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In case of emergency...repeat after me...

"SHUT THE [insert censored word here], I'M ASIAN, AND ANIME ISN'T ON MY DICTIONARY*

Yeah, i got pissed when another gaian guy [in the past] shocked that i wasn't to HYPE on anime before. I do watch, but i tend to control my fangirlism attitude.

++Oh yeah, now i'm hooked with anime..hahahaha++

Music is life
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Sakimichi

iAnimorph

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:37 pm
I laugh hard whenever someone goes all crazy for a guy who is animated as if she's really in love with him. It amuses me. :]  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:36 pm
Its like "You're not smart? But you're Asian!"
That quote is stuck with me everywhere i go and every time someone wants help on their math D; so instead of anime, people stereotype me on my smartness.

i remember this girl in my science class, we know this black guy that can draw anime reaaaaally good, and when the girl saw that she was like "I'm Asian and i can't even draw that good! Shame..." O.O

Michie`s Flips Inc.

Kempana

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:02 pm
Girl i'm not the same

[I hate people who say that to me period. If someone says that to me I feel like I wanna punch them in the face. Its not a genetics thing. I hate anime to the fullest. Also, saying "Your smart because your asian." is annoying to me. You can't just put a calculas forumla in my face and expect me to solve it insantly. Many people are much more smarter than me and it tells me something about other people. I work harder than they do./align]

I just wanna Love you

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces