Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Adults 18 and Older : Exclusive!
The Masquerade Ball, Shining Success? Or Fantastic Flop? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragoom

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:57 am
Hey all,
I was just wondering as to what other people thought of the Masquerade Ball, as well as any memorable moments anyone had during said event.

Owing to a misinterpretation of my intentions in starting this thread, this post was made on page 2 in response to Betty's post below:
Dragoom
Betty, I apologise if my starting this thread was misconstrued as malicious. I was happy with the ball, which I told you myself. And I wasn't after the king position. Quite frankly, that was a spotlight I didn't want, and I supported Ace all the way, as well as casting the deciding vote for GoF. I'm really sorry if I didn't make it clear, but this was more to get other people's opinions than to give my own. But if you must know, I was absolutely delighted with the way the ball went. Sorry if I've appeared to be a "little brat" but it was merely a misconception.

In future i will know not to try to start anything potentially beneficial to anyone, as every time I attempt to help out, it turns into a spectacular ********. I aplogise for trying.

I hope that clears things up.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:25 pm
User Image

Hmm.. I received so many compliments before during and after, that this thread is hurtful towards me. sad I'm sorry if you are upset about not being the winner of the contest Dragoom. sweatdrop I can't control who members vote for.. It was completely legit and un-biased. As for my opinion..

^__^ I think the event over all was a bigger success then I would have thought. Even though the King and Queen contest may have broken many hearts. It is humbling to everyone who were nominated and who didn't win. But then again it couldn't be called a contest if everyone won. And those who won, won because they are dedicated patrons of the club in the chatterbox. Ace and GoF have my congratulations and I'm happy for them. I'm also happy for Oni and Crystal who are both so passionately modest about winning anything.

All of the winners are very friendly and caring people. They befriend many who enter daily no matter who it is. For this openly nobel kindness they have rightfully earned their titles and many hearts. I'm honored to have them in my Club and Private Guild. And for those who lost and feel hurt, I'm really sorry. Even I know what it feels like to loose. But anyone who throws a fit like some little brat deserves to win nothing. And shouldn't be called an Adult or have a membership here. stare  

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Oniknowsyou!

IRL Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:34 pm
I think it was a great suches all be it I could not dance with thosw that wanted to dance with me in the ball. I was really surpised I won the prince title and it made me relised that the friendfs here really do love me for me.

I like to thank Betty for holding the ball and can only hope that my part y for my 22nd and Gaia accont aniversy can go as well as this.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:11 pm
Oniknowsyou!
I think it was a great suches all be it I could not dance with thosw that wanted to dance with me in the ball. I was really surpised I won the prince title and it made me relised that the friendfs here really do love me for me.

I like to thank Betty for holding the ball and can only hope that my part y for my 22nd and Gaia accont aniversy can go as well as this.
^__^ Just let me know if you want your Birthday Party to be a major Guild filler like this Ball was and I'll accommodate you with as many threads as you need. Both Announcements and Stickies. 3nodding *huggles* Congratulations Prince Oni-san!! 4laugh  

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Haya Plum

1,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:44 pm
I agree with betty about not throwing a fit.

I love the way the ball was set up, and how there was links to diffrent rooms.
But I only vote no on this poll because when I logged on the party was already starting to die out. sweatdrop

I amused myself though by destroying the males' washroom door. I met some greate new people in the washrooms and in the other ball rooms.

*Hugs Betty* sorry about the vote.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:12 pm
Haya Plum
I agree with betty about not throwing a fit.

I love the way the ball was set up, and how there was links to diffrent rooms.
But I only vote no on this poll because when I logged on the party was already starting to die out. sweatdrop

I amused myself though by destroying the males' washroom door. I met some greate new people in the washrooms and in the other ball rooms.

*Hugs Betty* sorry about the vote.
The hours that it would die down, were the earlier parts of the daytime. But people who are in the Guild pulling all nighters in US would be expected to sleep in. I didn't mind. But by evenings I noticed more attendance. 3nodding  

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:29 pm
Memorable moments.. Well most of my good memories came from the Main Ballroom. I would lurk around there and even danced a couple of times with Squall and Acemarch and I would read some of the conversations going on around me. And I have to say there was alot of romance in there going on. It was so adorable to see people coming in Friday night bowing and curtsying to each other. ^.^ And many of those dancing together would be so romantic with each other. It was great! I am still wondering if Vegetunk's recent engagement was the results of the slow dancing going on. whee heart I wonder how many new couples were made this weekend? Did anyone notice any couples making out in secluded places like I did? redface  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:01 pm
My most memorable momet was when I was posting in the girls bathroom I was hit on the head with a chest that contained nitemare boots.  

Haya Plum

1,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:24 pm
Haya Plum
My most memorable momet was when I was posting in the girls bathroom I was hit on the head with a chest that contained nitemare boots.
^__^ Oh thats nice. I haven't had a random event in awhile.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:54 pm
I find them ugly on my avi so I'm in the prossess of working out a trade for better items.  

Haya Plum

1,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200

nameiwantedwastaken

Aged Genius

11,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:54 pm
LETS KEEP IT GOING WOOOOOOOOO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:03 pm
nameiwantedwastaken
LETS KEEP IT GOING WOOOOOOOOO
Hehe... keep what going the Ball? I am in the process of locking up the Ball threads all except the 14th floor Penthouse. 3nodding Oh and the Special Guest Artists area.  

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lady Miyuka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:27 pm
I had a lot of fun ^__^ Thanks for inviting me Betty!
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:37 pm
Lady Miyuka
I had a lot of fun ^__^ Thanks for inviting me Betty!
User Image
biggrin Is that an award for me??? And thank you so much!!! *huggles* I didn't even know you knew Bastion. I'm completely amazed about that. I'm so happy you were able to come to the Ball!! Thank you so much! If you like you can remain a member of this Guild? I'd love to have you. I am currently planning to rebuild the guild into that story narrative adventure type of thing connecting threads. If people like I will even hook their threads up with other threads. ^__^  

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Crystalblue Angeleyes

Excitable Lunatic

25,615 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:06 pm
i thought the ball was good, being around friends and family is always a joy, i hope this isn't the last one auntie heart ..being my first ball i actually found it enjoyable and thanks for all the votes everyone...i know i don't deserve being princess but i am greatful heart  
Adults 18 and Older : Exclusive!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff