Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Authors that do not finish a series. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CastleAlyts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:41 pm
Melanie Rawn tends to be a relatively prolific writer, she is actual decent and has several series out there that should be read, though she is a rambler. but she is decent at it.

The only problem I have is that I've been waiting for her third book of exiles to release for the past 10 years. which is not fair to the loyal readers. I am now at the point where I forgot the majority of the first two books and now I want the third just to have the third book.

So anyone have any authors that have disappointed ya with not letting you know the end of the story?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:03 am
Bruce Coville and his Unicorn books

yeah I read them in fifth grade, now I am a junior in college and I am still waiting  

murphyad

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:21 pm
Hmm. I know there are some, but I can't think of any right now. Most of the books I read are either on-going and have books scheduled to come out every year, or they're stand-alone. I try to avoid series that haven't had the next book come out for a long time. I'll have to go through my books the next time I go home and see if there are any that I'm just not thinking of.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:48 pm
murphyad

yeah I read them in fifth grade, now I am a junior in college and I am still waiting

AMEN.

mad

Draug Heltikana

Excitable Counselor

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:59 pm
The Unicorns of Balinor. I've been waiting so long I no longer care about the series any more.

murphyad

The third book is supposedly finished! check it out
http://www.brucecoville.com/home.asp  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:55 pm
Maze353
The Unicorns of Balinor. I've been waiting so long I no longer care about the series any more.

Dude. I read that one ages ago too D': I had forgotten about them until I saw this post.

Damn. Now I do want to know how they end.

Draug Heltikana

Excitable Counselor

GastricOverload

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:40 am
Jean Auel, she went nearly 20 years between books. The last one still did not tie everything up. (Clan of the Cavebear)  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:47 pm
i can't think of any at the moment, but sometimes i'll write the end myself and say "that's official" not the same effect though!  

Dizzy_Dizo

^s.k.i.t.t.l.e.z^

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:56 am
omg i totally forgot about the unicorn books they were really good (i only read the first one) it was really good would the library still have those books?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:44 pm
Going through another thread. it seems there is another to add to the annoying authors not coming out with books..

And the lucky new author is

Tamora Pierce.  

CastleAlyts

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:07 pm
CastleAlyts
Going through another thread. it seems there is another to add to the annoying authors not coming out with books..

And the lucky new author is

Tamora Pierce.

She is coming out with books. It's just a year behind schedule. So far. Kristen Britain took about four years to come out with her third book, but I didn't add her to this because she still did write and release it. same with Tamora Pierce. Her series are, techincally, finished, she's just coming out with new books to add to them. Except the Beka Cooper series, that's just a year behind her original schedule for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:49 am
Yeah, I can't wait for Tamora Pierce's next Beka Cooper book. But the author that really left me wanting more would be Cornelia Funke (InkHeart and InkSpell). I read those books ages ago and still I'm dying to know what happeneds to Meggie next!  

Sumomo87

Kahahana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:04 pm
Lemony Snicket left me hanging. So many questions, and none of them answered. If I knew it would turn out like that, I never would've read them in the first place. And I know he's technically not fantasy, but he still disappointed me.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:19 pm
Young Wizards by Diane Duane - She's getting old and I'll be heartbroken if she dies before writing about how Nita and Kit get together. They MUST get together, dammit!  

MinervaEvenstar

Merlinssister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:41 am
I haven't read the books but I think the ultimate version of this has to be Robert Jordan who left a series for 10 years to write other things and then died. It's sad because people were more angry with him about not finishing the series than they were sad about his death.

I'm back baby, I wonder if anyone remembers me.
question  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces