Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
old or new anime

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jmaster876

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:03 pm
which type is better and by old i mean anything made during or before 1999 please tell me your reasoning behind it  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:59 pm
I guess it a little hard to say. I like a lot of the older stuff, Sailor Moon and Cowboy bebop (that was 1998, just barely counts as old) but mostly I don't care for the animation of really old anime. The people are a little deformed and such. I did prefer the plotlines of some of the older anime.

It seems to me that a lot of the newer stuff is marketted for kids, Naruto, Bleach and the like(I'm 21). While the plots of older anime was made for people more my age. And a lot of the newer anime that are for people my age really aren't what I like. Elfen Lied was violent but it was still good. Gantz on the other hand was a little sickening to me.

I guess I would say I like the newer stuff, Wolf's Rain, TRIGUN, Excel Saga. But it's becoming harder to find anime that I like because I'm not a fan of th popular ones, or the box sets for the shows I like are $60 or more.

I realize this doesn't explain much, but that's how I see it. sweatdrop  

2ndPSP

Enduring Genius

jmaster876

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:31 pm
that explains a lot. You are right that naruto is marketed more towards kids but personally i find bleach to be a good anime for kids and young adults (you and me).

Also like you i like a bunch of animes that are not so popular to the point where buying them cost like 75 dollars. personally i think that its dumb to have to pay so much more just because they didnt make themselves well know. its their own fault

one of my favorites is S-Cry-Ed and i went to buy since i loved it so much and to my suprised it was 75 or 85 dollars it mad me so mad  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:54 pm
It's so hard for me to say...

I agree with 2ndPSP

I like some of the old stuff...

Though I truly like the new stuff too!

biggrin

So yeah I suppose I like them equally...

elethien

7,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Friendly 100

lilbabysin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:14 pm
new, cause some of the old anime, well my words. Horrible Dubbing, Horrible Graphics, To korny, than again all dubbing is horrible these days. I cant even sit through watching naruto with dubbing.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:25 pm
true the dubbing stinks but the more i think about it the graphics seem to be the be the best part because it makes the anime so retro like for example sailor moon if you were to watch it today you would still think it was good. That is because the color is a little pale but not too pale and i think that is awsome. besides there are the subbed versions out there but whatever i just think as an overall anime is awesome  

jmaster876

kremmit

Angelic Genius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:08 pm
whether is old or new I believe it doesn't matter the plot and script of the older anime ( 96 and older ) are actually pretty impressive and a lot of thought went into writing it the animation on the other hand was moderate, on the other hand newer anime the animation quality was raised but some of them had a lacking story and plot. But wouldn't be exiting to see a remake of a classic anime with today's animators smile just imagine a remake of the original Macross ( Robotech) same story but revised animation and mecha.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:39 pm
i like new anime becasue the image it better and yeah whee 3nodding sweatdrop  

-Mrs OREOZ

zeithalter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:48 pm
I can't really chose between the old anime and the new. I just can't deny the fact that i love older anime like Lupin the 3rd however I do like the art of the newer anime better.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games