WYSIWYG

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:08 pm

WYSIWYG, A.K.A. What You See Is What You Get, a basic rule used in most GW games. No Joe, your proxies do not count.

Anyway, I plan on fielding a Chimera with a turret mounted autocannon (a legal option) and pintle-mounted heavy stubber. Only thing is, I have mounted the heavy stubber in a coaxial mount and not on the cupola itself.

Picture that explains it all: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Lt_brookman/DSC_5790.jpg

My question is, will this cause internet poo-poo to hit the fan, or are we cool with this visual representation of two legal upgrades?

Also, this thread can be used for those WYSIWYG modeling questions that you all have but never dared to ask.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:28 pm

I think it fits the bill. Not nessecarily "pintle-mounted", but who cares. The weapon is represented, so it's all good.

Personally, I think it's a rather clever conversion, despite that I love the appearance of the normal cupola mounted machine guns.

Xenos Mortium

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:33 pm

You can see it, it'll work for me.

-Mykal
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:08 am

Then my knickers are no longer in a legal twist.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:55 pm

The important thing is, you have the stubber represented. That's all that really matters, in the end, not where it actually is.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:28 pm

Yeah, you could have it packed in a storage possition on the tank, and I'd still let it count. As long as it's on the model.

Ruric Torrune

Certified_Snugglewhore

2,750 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:48 pm

You can definitely get away with it. Most players don't care as long as the weapon is present somewhere on the model. In a legal Games Day or other sanctioned tournament, it depends on how lenient your judge is.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:42 am

Well, the redshirts in my local store are cool with a lot of things. I've suggested the idea of using a Trojan instead of Chimera as command vehicle for an artillery company with the special rule of it going super-nuclear like a super-heavy when hit by enemy fire and penetrated due to the large amount of ordnance stacked inside the paper hull.

I've also found out that my scratch built master-crafted hellpistol may count as a bolt pistol.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces