Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
Book Talk Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

todpury

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:06 am
For those of you who have ready access to the Star Trek novels (and other Star Trek books as well), let's talk about them.

Which reminds me, anyone have a copy of Star Trek: Gateways 3? It's the TNG book of the series, and I can't find it anywhere. I think it's called Doors Into Chaos, although that might be 4. I own the rest of the series, but I don't want to continue reading it until I get in possession of 3. It's really pissing me off.

I'm currently reading the TNG book of the Section 31 series. I would put it down if it wasn't part of a series. It's pretty bad.

Does anyone have a favorite Star Trek book or author? Good recomendations? Warnings?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:31 am
I've only read the first...20 Voyager books...  

Takori

Ginga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:55 pm
One word:

MOSAIC.

*makes a squealing noise*

Other than that, I've read a good sampling of Voyager books, enough to be able to say, "Stay the hell away from Echoes". It's so bad. X_x

And I like the Equinox book a little better than I liked the actual episode.

It might have something to do with Janeway shoving the chair.

Just maybe.

wink  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:17 pm
i like the voyager ones......

and i like star trek planet x

the x-men crossover into star trek land, they even mention how much capt. picard looks like prof. x xd  

Lord Spyderguy

todpury

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:04 am
Anyone else read Peter David books like a raving maniac? I've just started digging my teeth into him. He's my favorite Trek author, and probably my favorite overall author as well. The man knows humor.

I mainly read TNG books, although I like TOS books as well. I highly recommend:

-Spock Must Die (anyone reading Trek novels needs to read this as a prerequist to the genre)
-I, Q
-Q-Squared
-Section 31: Abyss (it's the DS9 book)
-Star Trek: Federation (I think that's what it was called)

And if you do like Peter David, you should read the "Sir Apropos of Nothing" series as well. Yeah, it's not trek, but as I said, the man knows humor.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:36 pm
I, Q.
Q-squared.
Q-in-Law.
The Q Continuum.
- Q-space
- Q-zone
- Q-strike

Q is teh spiffage.  

Rigu Ryu

Ginga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:39 pm
Has anyone ever read those New World books, I think they're called? They look like big collections of fanfics, really. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 8:58 pm
Well, there's New Frontier and Challanger, if that's what you're thinking of.  

todpury

vulcankitty

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:46 pm
Has anyone read the post-ds9 books? I really like them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:00 pm
I haven't read that many Star Trek books, but my favorite was I, Q. That's probably because Q is my favorite character. Here are some other good ones that I've read.

Q-Squared
Section 31: Abyss (it's the DS9 book)

The Wounded Sky, by Diane Duane - This is the only Original Series book that I ever liked. I would encourage everyone to read it. It's very good!  

Rennui

SpiritKeeper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:13 pm
I love all the books about Q (The Q Continuim, IQ, etc.), and the Eugenics War part 1 and 2 (awesome, awesome books). I just recently bought Imzadi Forever, and Immortal Coil at Borders!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:55 pm
Right now im 2/3 through "DS9: Millennium" ( The Fall of Terok Nor; The War of the Prophets; Inferno )
I just picked up "Tales of the Dominion War" the other day.  

Kona Cat

Distrustful of Hearts

Ginga

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:17 pm
*Ginga is currently stalking "Captain's Table: Fire Ship". So far she has not come within any sort of reach of her prey. Dammit.*  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:50 am
Dame on the Crossroads
Right now im 2/3 through "DS9: Millennium" ( The Fall of Terok Nor; The War of the Prophets; Inferno )
I read through the first book, and I decided I didn't wanna attempt the other two sad . Time Paradoxes make my head hurt stressed .

nyone read 'Spirit Walk', of teh Voyager Series? Interesting, indeed. I liked it, it was really good. 3nodding  

Se Ga Takai
Vice Captain

Kona Cat

Distrustful of Hearts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:02 am
Se Ga Takai
Dame on the Crossroads
I read through the first book, and I decided I didn't wanna attempt the other two sad . Time Paradoxes make my head hurt stressed .

nyone read 'Spirit Walk', of teh Voyager Series? Interesting, indeed. I liked it, it was really good. 3nodding

The second is my favorite thus far... (i thought the first one was a little bit slow.)  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff