Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaia Goddess' Guild (18+, female sanctuary)

Back to Guilds

Reply Female Sanctuary
Dream houses

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mystery Ceres

Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:26 pm
Dear Goddesses,

Describe your dream homes!

When I was a child, my dream home (other than a castle) was to have a gigantic tree house with many rooms spanning over several trees and rope bridges. It would have all the comforts of a regular home other than that it was really up high. And you got up an down using big bucket-like baskets and a pulley. biggrin

Last week...as I was entertaining my boyfriend with thoughts of my current dream home was to have me and him, my best friend and her bf (also a best friend of my bf), and another couple we're friends with, all live in a fortress with four towers, each couple in one tower. The left-over tower was to be common are for all of us. There is a courtyard with a beautiful garden in the middle (the three guys are like the three musketeers...all very close to one another).

After I finished this description, my boyfriend declared, "I love the way you think. I love you."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:25 pm
My dream home has to be on a 100 acre block

50 acres of complete wildlife reserve
20 acres of bush tracks for my 3 boys to ride their motorbikes etc,
10 acres of fruit, veg and herb gardens
and last but not least
20 acres purely for a home and big yard for kids, with treehouses cubby houses play equiptment and large shed (for partners cars) beside the
Main house having at least 5 bedrooms, walk in robes, ensuite bathroom for main, big kitchen and dining, living room play room loungeroom, 2 offices 1 for my crafts 1 for my partners hobbies, what else could i possible want more in my dream home lol.  

Babeslove

Mystery Ceres

Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:34 am
Mothers da Boss
My dream home has to be on a 100 acre block

50 acres of complete wildlife reserve
20 acres of bush tracks for my 3 boys to ride their motorbikes etc,
10 acres of fruit, veg and herb gardens
and last but not least
20 acres purely for a home and big yard for kids, with treehouses cubby houses play equiptment and large shed (for partners cars) beside the
Main house having at least 5 bedrooms, walk in robes, ensuite bathroom for main, big kitchen and dining, living room play room loungeroom, 2 offices 1 for my crafts 1 for my partners hobbies, what else could i possible want more in my dream home lol.

That sounds awesome!

I especially like the part about those 10 acres to be used for gardens. It's a huge amount of space for a garden but just think of all you could do with that! Not only would you be able to plant flowers, and herbs, and bush/shrub fruits, but a ton on trees as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:23 am
Well you need some shady trees to keep majority of sun off the herbs and other sun sensitive plants lol

(and im sorrryyyy for changing my nameeee)  

Babeslove

Mystery Ceres

Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:50 am
True! I had forgotten about that.

And changing names is fine. biggrin

What kind of stuff do you specifically like to garden?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:18 am
All sorts really, fruit, veg and herbs, gawd i love em all, im more fussy bout my meat then what i am bout fruit and veg.  

Babeslove

Gemstone

7,250 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:59 pm
Lovely thread. ^.^

I used to draw floorplans of the house I wanted when I was older. Over the years the general idea has remained the same while some of the details have varied.

5 Acres
Long winding driveway through some trees
Large fence around the part of the property that is lived on
Large yard clearing with trees bordering the property
Pond with bridge and pond-island
Weeping Willow tree by edge of pond
Two story house
Large patio
Veggie garden
Large, open, corner kitchen with island for food preparation
Large windows and spacious rooms
Jacuzzi tub
Bay window(s)
Eco-friendly stuff like using collected rainwater to water flowers, really good insulation for the house, and solar panels somewhere innocuous for aided electricity.

Etc. etc.

Fortunately it looks like it will all be obtainable. If I were rich I'd have a sauna and a library, maybe a vineyard too, but otherwise it's only a matter of time before we have the rest. Hooray for the power of renovations. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:26 am
Gemstone
Lovely thread. ^.^

Fortunately it looks like it will all be obtainable. If I were rich I'd have a sauna and a library, maybe a vineyard too, but otherwise it's only a matter of time before we have the rest. Hooray for the power of renovations. smile

That sounds so gorgeous! I'm really glad that you'd be able to obtain this as well.

As for the library, that is also possible. Save a large room for this purpose and build up books as you go along. You might now have the results you'd like to have immediately, but after several years, you could really have a great amount of books.

Mystery Ceres

Captain

Shirtless Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Team Edward 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

Vix_Punk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:07 pm
my dream house *sigh* mine might one day be a reality. which makes me happy.
ok...so my dream house...
it would be in the middle of the forest with a mote around it.
under the house would be all these secret passages that only i would know how to navigate (and if im married my husband as well). around my house there would be gardens for me to grow plants, herbs, and many fruit trees. as well as really big old trees that i would put tree houses in (i love tree houses!)
inside i would have a few bedrooms, a large kitchen, dinning room, living room, lounge/bar area, and a library like the one in Beauty and the Beast.
thats the basics of my dream house.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:30 pm
I want to own a whole island with a mountain (non-volcanic.lol.) in the middle. On one side would be a medium sized castle just like in the medieval times (I'll describe inside later).It is a school and people live there (myself included as it would be mine).Between that and the mountain, there would be a tree house (in a humongous tree) that had at least three stories.Inside the truck is hollow, and there is a ladder to get to the first level.
to the right of that is a beautiful garden with a few secluded spots. wink
between the garden and the castle is a hedge-maze with actual trick walls,etc..(nothing dangerous...this idea is taken from an indoor maze they have in my city, except its not a hedge-maze, its in what used to be an old shipping warehouse).

On the west side of the mountain, to the north-west of the gardens, is an open space for archery practice and archery-on-horseback, as well as space to just race horses.

To the southwest (close to the castle that is lived in) is a barn and a second castle, that is taller with more spires, and less wide. Its gloomy looking inside and out. This castle is for live role-playing simulations.

To the north of this is a fenced-in game park (a very small one). It is for hunting or if you just want to ride your horse to the north side of the island, in a forested setting.No over-hunting is allowed.There is mostly dear and smaller animals in there.

On the north side is a small forest with a clearing in it for bonfires.even more north is a beach.

I suppose it doesn't really make sense to have a beach in the NORTH, but thats what I picture.

I'll describe the main castle and a house I would fix up if
I lived in the city, later.  

Ingvanya
Crew

Wild Spirit

17,500 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Party Animal 100
Female Sanctuary

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff