Submit

Are YOU full Asian???
  YESH!
  half
  1/4
View Results

Ryuko Kaji

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:25 am
Well, I was on the bus and this guy said that if you're born in the US, then you aren't full asian. So I told him that it depends on your parents. Yes, my parents aren't born here but I was. I thought even if you are an American citizen, you're full asian. He also told me that this american girl was born in Japan, so he called her full asian. And I was really confused because her parents aren't asian. I'm just so confused, what do you think?????  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:17 pm
if your parents both are asian doesnt that make you full on asian, and just because you were born in the states doesnt dictate what you are  

Kuroi Kohhi

o-re-sa-ma_Elegance

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:56 pm
that boy is stupid.
you are full asian

and just because that girl was born in japan, that doesn't make her japanese, or asian.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

Wearing a fur coat made out of tiger doesn't make you a tiger. =/

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rebirth Project

BlueGam

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:54 pm
Well, I'm going to have to say that he is wrong. I think if your parents are Asian and born in Asia, that does make you Asian, and it's not the place where you are born. If you were born in the US and were raised in the US, then you still are an Asian, but you are just the first generation born here and so on down the line. That doesn't change the fact that you are Asian though. And the girl he was talking about, she's American, and if she grew up in Japan, she's first generation born in Japan, not full Asian.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:10 am
Moon Light Ninja
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ninja User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

One more night , I wanna be with you
Where I wanna hold you tight

Wearing a fur coat made out of tiger doesn't make you a tiger. =/

It feels so right
To
night

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My favorite would be from fight club, "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."

Haha but anyways, you can be whatever you want. I've said this before and probably say it again, Asian is very very general term. If I was born in the continent of Africa to Chinese parents, I can consider myself African, and when I move to America, I can be African American. Haha.  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

Ryuko Kaji

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:04 am
thanks everyone, I've got it all cleared up now! ^.^  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:12 am
wow, i think that it really does depend on where ur parents were born. I'm filipino, but i was born in the US, but my parents were born in the Philippines, so I'm filipino american. i don't think there is such a thing as if you're american and you're born in japan that ur automatically full asian. hopefully this helps you.  

angelanna08

CheesecakeTops

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:21 am
Being Asian is from genetics (my words might be wrong buty you get the drift). So if you're born in an Asian country but your parents aren't Asian, you're not Asian. And you are full Asian. It doesn't matter how you live or where you live or where you born, if your ancestors are Asian then so are you. It's like genetics stuff ya know? ^.^ That's my 2 cents anyways. Beside, it doesn't matter if you're asian or not; just live as you are and enjoy life!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:22 am
You're full on Asian.
That person's retarded. =p

Both of my parents were born in is Asia,
but I'm not full Asian,
I'm 75% Asian. =D

Deth Muffin

asian_otaku

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:08 pm
hmm.. the official look for asians are the slanted eyes and you can just tell right?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:09 pm
o-re-sa-ma_Elegance
that boy is stupid.
you are full asian

and just because that girl was born in japan, that doesn't make her japanese, or asian.
Damn people trying to our awesomeness.
~~~
This is trueL
If you are born in the states then you are an American Citizen, if you are born in Japan I guess its the same. It doesn't make you Asian or Japanese, it makes you a CITIZEN.

Go tell the kid to stop being jealous of our awesomeness xd  

~[TheMagicBirdy]~

Dapper Sex Symbol

3,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Pretty Leaf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:44 am
I think that guy is stupid. Don't pay attention to anything he says. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:39 pm
My friend says that because i live in america that makes me full white even though i half asian...huh? confused  

BeiZhiMing

Rinoa_Infinity

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:58 am
It is all about genetics
Traces back through ancestry
You might have some i don't know Spanish or Scottish blood in you making you not full asian...

umm what i'm trying to say is that if you're parents and whole family and ancestors are full asian, then you are full asian.

If you were born in Australia like i am just means i'm a citizen and that i was born and bred there..being brought up in Australia however being of Asian ethnicy.

If you get me yeah..

wahmbulance  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas