Reply The L Guild Forum
They. Will. SPAWN in GREAT Numbers!! Dx Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:14 pm
After a nice walk to the thrift store to find any cheap old bikes that were available to me I go home and start up my computer. The first thing it always does is sign onto YIM. (Yahoo Instant Messenger)

I have the old version so two things always pop up besides the window. There is the New Version Upgrade Your YIM which I never agree too. And then theres the other one that tells the status of your e-mail, the weather of the area you're living in, ect.

It also comes with advertisments which are usually for contact lenses or usually something I never need. But today it was...

Different. O.O

(Sorry for the link but the picture is too large. D: )

This gave me somewhat of dread. Because we all know what happens to any series that is advertised... a lot. Why it's giving me such a pasty pale color to my skin from fear that I dare not utter the word! Dx

But I wondered. Has there really been that much advertisment? I know DN is popular but how popular is it? I remember going to Sakura-con and there were NO DN cosplayers. And if they were, it was probably so bad that it easily blended into the crowd. D:

I pondered on how much damage this will do for the rest of the fans. You know... the ones that can actual hold a decent conversation. Not to say all new fans are stupid but.... I have no comment.

Is my YIM just picking up advertisment of my interest?

Can this really damage the intergrity of DN? Are we going to see censored and uncut DVDs? Will it reach the young teeny boppers and their parents enough that complaints will be filed until Breath Note is to become reality?

Or am I just thinking too much? xD

Golly Me? Is this... PROOF? xD

shadowcaster101
gfdff

caramel_lover_taca
im not going to read it all...its too long.. blaugh

caramel_lover_taca
huh..

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:26 pm
OH MY GOD.
Not this, this is serious and all, but I doubt n00bs will take too much hold on a show that does that much intellectual conversation at the end(not to mention stops with the fanservice, so no vices unless they're really dumb Light fans).
But.
Breath Note.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! That is the greatest dub ever! It's going on my profile.
Atchooooooooooo XP XD
I'm sorry. I just didn't expect that.  

SCP-511

Piffle Inna Box

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:23 am
They already have spawned in great numbers, have you seen the A/M/C boards recently?

When a series gets as popular and mainstream as Death Note is becoming, then of course more n00bish fans will come along. 'Tis a fact of life.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:09 am
Piffle Inna Box
They already have spawned in great numbers, have you seen the A/M/C boards recently?

When a series gets as popular and mainstream as Death Note is becoming, then of course more n00bish fans will come along. 'Tis a fact of life.

Oh no. I dare not go in the A.M.C. That place is infested with idiots. :3 And I knew it was getting popular and mainstream but I didn't think it would pop up in an YIM advertisment.

I just hope they don't pimp it out like Narutard... um Naruto and Bleach. xD

Tea with Bubbly

tieru

Blessed Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Let's just hope YIM is magical D:

Haha, you're an L-box.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:57 pm
tieru

Haha, you're an L-box.

I hope it is. Anything that's pimped out with advertisment is no good. Maybe we'll be seeing "Kira-Action-Pens! With real swishing sounds!"... oh gosh no! Dx

Indeed I am. Too bad they don't have a B-box. D:  

Tea with Bubbly

mond -an- mitternacht

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:04 pm
Tea with Bubbly
tieru

Haha, you're an L-box.

I hope it is. Anything that's pimped out with advertisment is no good. Maybe we'll be seeing "Kira-Action-Pens! With real swishing sounds!"... oh gosh no! Dx

Oh my kami, that's even worse than the Zabuza sword. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:42 pm
Tea with Bubbly
tieru

Haha, you're an L-box.

It'd only be at its worse if they got toys at a fast food place. ._.; Then again, you'd probably buy the "Kira-Action-Pens" from a Mc Donalds or something anyway. ... For the low price of $19.99. burning_eyes

Only good items might be the action figures. But then again, most of the ones you find here are reletively bad compared to the ones you can buy online... So either way, so long as you don't push a button on thier stumache to make them spew a random quote or something. D:

But worst come to worst, the Kira Furby. O___o; Or "Hey Bubbah", they're almost the same thing. Only Bubbah doesn't wake you up in the middle of the night with a bunch of jibberish. ... I just scared myself. gonk  

Stephkotsu

immortalhaldir

Quotable Inquisitor

4,350 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:39 am
Stephkotsu
Tea with Bubbly
tieru

Haha, you're an L-box.

It'd only be at its worse if they got toys at a fast food place. ._.; Then again, you'd probably buy the "Kira-Action-Pens" from a Mc Donalds or something anyway. ... For the low price of $19.99. burning_eyes

Only good items might be the action figures. But then again, most of the ones you find here are reletively bad compared to the ones you can buy online... So either way, so long as you don't push a button on thier stumache to make them spew a random quote or something. D:

But worst come to worst, the Kira Furby. O___o; Or "Hey Bubbah", they're almost the same thing. Only Bubbah doesn't wake you up in the middle of the night with a bunch of jibberish. ... I just scared myself. gonk

eek Kira furby?!? May it NEVER be! That would be the worst thing ever.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:20 am
immortalhaldir
Stephkotsu
Tea with Bubbly
tieru

Haha, you're an L-box.

eek Kira furby?!? May it NEVER be! That would be the worst thing ever.

Somehow, in some way, I can imagine a furby with a Mello haircut. o_____o  

mond -an- mitternacht

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:34 am
Tea with Bubbly
.... okay, I am going to tell you all a little story. So many years ago, back in the hayday of the Pokemon madness, I was an avid collector of anything Pokemon. Even if it was that odd Pikachu lollypop keychain, even if it was those little pokeball plushies. Then, Yugioh came along. I bought so many boxes of YGO cereal, so many packs of YGO stickers. I bought bedsheets, a sleeping bag, pillowcases, wallscrolls.... then Fullmetal Alchemist came along, and I was a bit better because I didn't buy that blanket at Hottopic... (it was too expensive XD;) I am proud of my three tin box sets and my Ed and Al pillows, though. And now that Death Note is here... I am not afraid to whore my self out to the merchandice, because it's in my nature and it's fun.

So when I say I wouldn't mind a Kira pen, or a L toothbrush, I'm not exactly lying.

tl;dr I like buying stuff  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:14 pm
God knows all the goth kids are gonna jump on the bandwagon as soon as Hot Topic get the merchandise out. XP  

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:45 pm
L Lawliet
Tea with Bubbly
.... okay, I am going to tell you all a little story. So many years ago, back in the hayday of the Pokemon madness, I was an avid collector of anything Pokemon. Even if it was that odd Pikachu lollypop keychain, even if it was those little pokeball plushies. Then, Yugioh came along. I bought so many boxes of YGO cereal, so many packs of YGO stickers. I bought bedsheets, a sleeping bag, pillowcases, wallscrolls.... then Fullmetal Alchemist came along, and I was a bit better because I didn't buy that blanket at Hottopic... (it was too expensive XD;) I am proud of my three tin box sets and my Ed and Al pillows, though. And now that Death Note is here... I am not afraid to whore my self out to the merchandice, because it's in my nature and it's fun.

So when I say I wouldn't mind a Kira pen, or a L toothbrush, I'm not exactly lying.

tl;dr I like buying stuff

xD!!

I understand that merchandise isn't a bad thing. I would do the exact same thing but money is very tight for me so I have to shop wisely. (Ex I can get this blanket... but I can get that cool wall scroll... Dx )

What I had in mind when of "Kira-Action Pen!", I was thinking it would be another "Plastic Super AWESOME!" kind of a feel.

I really doubt DN would EVER be like that, since it's very clear that's it not for children or idiots ;D. But the possibilities are endless in a crazy world. So really when I was stating the begining of Kira-Action!Pen, I was really stating the death of Death Note. xD

... But if that really did exist I'd buy it too. x3  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:50 pm
Persistence_of_Memory
God knows all the goth kids are gonna jump on the bandwagon as soon as Hot Topic get the merchandise out. XP

xD
I never really shop at hot topic unless it's something specific that I know I'll find there but that would be an image to behold. xD!!!

Tea with Bubbly

Stephkotsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:04 pm
[katgirl] Tsuki-chan

Somehow, in some way, I can imagine a furby with a Mello haircut. o_____o

For some reason I find that really funny. Or perhaps it just caught me off gaurd anough to give me a giggle.

... I think it's because I have a "Furby Baby" that I not only took the batteries out of but also put fake jewlery and junk on. To the point that it actually looks high on something. But otherwise it's a dusty paperweight... that holds my mirror up.

L Lawliet
.... okay, I am going to tell you all a little story. So many years ago, back in the hayday of the Pokemon madness, I was an avid collector of anything Pokemon. Even if it was that odd Pikachu lollypop keychain, even if it was those little pokeball plushies. Then, Yugioh came along. I bought so many boxes of YGO cereal, so many packs of YGO stickers. I bought bedsheets, a sleeping bag, pillowcases, wallscrolls.... then Fullmetal Alchemist came along, and I was a bit better because I didn't buy that blanket at Hottopic... (it was too expensive XD wink I am proud of my three tin box sets and my Ed and Al pillows, though. And now that Death Note is here... I am not afraid to whore my self out to the merchandice, because it's in my nature and it's fun.

I actually collect action figures so I can't really say that I wouldn't not like such coming out. So long as they're of high quality like my Yu Yu Hakusho Kurama. I say this because I don't really like low quality action figures like the rather nonposable Orochimaru I have that I believe was produced by Bandai... and is pwn'd by my tiny little squished-looking Itachi keychain... that slightly resembles a cabbage patch kid.

I don't exactly have alot of money, either, as for those that already knew about me mooching money in order to get an L plushie. (I was broke at the time and the ones on eBay were more expensive.)

So as for the pen idea, I'd be okay if a relative bought it and it came with all the Kiras, so then I could give the one with Light away probably trade some others but keep the Mikami Teru one (I have a very large distaste for Light Yagami and the only Kira I liked happened to be Mikami). Though I guess the Mikami one would have two buttons, one to "Swoosh" and one to "Delete, delete, delete"... Otherwise I'd much rather have an action figure from which I could pose here and there. Or at least have Lego versions... they'd be so cute... crying (Yes, I have legos. And yes I do play with them when I have the time.)

Therefore as merchandise goes, I'm fine with it so long as it stays within a certain boundary... and doesn't go uber crazy like YuGiOh did... *clears throat* I'd rather not know that some people actually have undergarments with Yami no Yugi on them. The idea is just a little too awkward. O.o If it got that bad there'd also be fruit snacks. That probably tasted like apples and were Ryuk-shaped.

So yes, fan goodies are fun to have I agree, but certain fan goodies even creep me out. .... D: I want a FMA blanket... to replace my really really old Poke'mon quiltish thing. *sigh* I guess I'll just have to get nice things later after this school year. Kinda stinks that the kinda stuff I want happens to be so durn expensive all the time.  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff