Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Love/sweet or action/monsters, differences in fantasy books?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which type of fantasy reader are you?
  Love, sweet, princesses
  monster, action, fighting
  In between....
  This polls just weird I don't get it...(but well I'm not smart)
View Results

Eoinda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:34 am
Hello O_o
I think there is tree types of people that reads fantasy they who like the princess, love, sweet thing, people who like the monster, action, fighting thing and people somewhere in between.
WERE DO YOU STAND?
I have friends of all sorts I think I'm the third option but maybe a little bit more to the monster side  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:55 am
I'm really inbetween.I think that a good book should have both romance and fighting,but if it lacks one of that it's not sure that it's a bad book.
It depends on the story,the ability of the writer,the style,the translations (if the book is translated from another language) and so on.  

Minako85

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:28 am
I'm okay with romance, but I really like fight scenes and action. If a book has both, that's okay. I'm a lot less likely to choose a book if it only has romance in it.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:51 am
if i think a story is really good, it is likely that it has a fair amount of both... i love the whole action scene deal, but i also like there to be a little love heart 3nodding whee  

xX_Flame_Kissed_Xx

Angleic Shadow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:00 pm
NightIntent
I'm okay with romance, but I really like fight scenes and action. If a book has both, that's okay. I'm a lot less likely to choose a book if it only has romance in it.

Me too  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:38 am
Im in between. I love action,fighting,exitment;but I also like to have a little romance throne in there too. I guess I lean more towards action but Im mostly in between.  

ninja_lord76

koorimefiregirl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:33 pm
as long as the writing is vivid and the plot can hold water I can give the book a chance.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:39 am
I've got this friend who are sooooooo much into love-fantasy it's starting to annoy me (but I love her even if she is disgustingly sweet!) twisted  

Eoinda

Bun-Chan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:33 pm
I like fantasy books with unsual romances. Like Robin Mckinnely's Rose Daughter. Based on Beauty and the Beast story but it had a twist at the end. Okay going to rant for just a moment. Why can't the beast ever be the girl and beauty the guy. It would be a fun twist! I guess I'll just have to write it.><
My favorite fantasy books are where the charachters are so detailed it feels like you've met them in person. Okay that's all. Thank you for reading my randomness.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:03 pm
heart I like a bit of both I love the action scenes but love scene can be great. when I write I always for some reason match up my characters or have a love triangle. heart [/size
]  

felicity_mills

MinervaEvenstar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:12 pm
I like a castle with royal people to be the setting, which has the ladies' romanctic affairs, and the king's knights and socerers in battles. A combination is best.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:46 am
I love the action/adventure/fight scenes, but a story is usually better with some romance. Generally, though, if it's only romance, I won't be as interested.  

Kahahana

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff