Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
When gay guys get sick

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:52 am
What do you think happens when gay guys get sick?

-discuss what happens in detail, keeping in mind of the PG-13 rule
-discuss what would or might happen if a married gay couple had one of them get ill.
-what illness would/could break a gay couple up, do you think?

(I hope this is a cool topic to put here. I wasn't sure if this fit in the chatterbox or here... sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:16 am
Exsactly the same things as a fricken normal familly maybe? =+=  

Enyaron

Aaron Masters

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:39 pm
That wasn't very polite enayron! Perhaps I should tell on you for being rude! Or, did you even read the constitution of this guild?

My thoughts on what would or could happen to a gay couple if one got sick are:

1. First the one that got sick, if it is minor like a cold, then he'd whine and complain. The one who was his lover would be rushing to get medicines and everything that he could to make sure that the one sick was comfortable and got better quick. If it was serious, then the one who loved the one that was sick would rush him to the emergency, probably going a bit overboard with the emotions. (thinking of Yuki and Shuichi here. If Yuki got seriously sick, Shuichi would definitely panic.)

2. Would it jeopardize the marriage if they were married? That would depend on the reasoning behind how one of them got sick. If they got ill because of cheating, then yeah, that marriage would be over.

3. If both were sick at the same time, then they'd be sharing the kleenex box, sharing the toilet, pretty much sharing everything to try and get better. As much as it wouldn't be too cute for them experiencing it, others watching as in anime viewing, it might be something one would find cute.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:42 pm
Enyaron
Exsactly the same things as a fricken normal familly maybe? =+=

OMG that is soo typically you Enya XD!  

Mikajino

kageling

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:34 pm
Enyaron and Yuudai Sasaki are basically right. What would make one member of a gay couple getting sick any different from a member of a straight or lesbian couple being ill, or that of a family being ill? It's about the same thing, with some variation depending on the precise individuals.

Usually, one takes care of the other. In marriages, in relationships, etc.

I also agree with Aaron Masters that if it were, for instance, a sexually transmitted infection that one of the partners got from someone outside the relationship, and this was not an open relationship, that could break people up.

Beyond that, would anyone really break up with their partner because one of them got sick? That's a pretty silly and shallow reason to break up, unless you meant something else.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:02 am
kageling
Enyaron and Yuudai Sasaki are basically right. What would make one member of a gay couple getting sick any different from a member of a straight or lesbian couple being ill, or that of a family being ill? It's about the same thing, with some variation depending on the precise individuals.

Usually, one takes care of the other. In marriages, in relationships, etc.

I also agree with Aaron Masters that if it were, for instance, a sexually transmitted infection that one of the partners got from someone outside the relationship, and this was not an open relationship, that could break people up.

Beyond that, would anyone really break up with their partner because one of them got sick? That's a pretty silly and shallow reason to break up, unless you meant something else.

@Aaron, being rude is not breaking the rules. It's not the same thing as harassment or insulting or what not. Also, she was not being rude. She was stating her point. (Also, are you a IRL friend of Empress or are you Empress?_

And I just want to simply say, What you said Kageling. <3 (Love seeing you here too, How are you liking your new shinny spiffy guild I gave you =P?)

About the only issue with 'gays' getting sick over anyone else is hospitalization and because of some of the laws involving that I suppose. otherwise a gay couple is the same thing as a straight couple, same ups and same downs. There is no 'uke' and 'seme' stereotypes in all gay couples, infact in yaoi it's more idealization than reality. (Not saying there's not top and bottom, but 'yaoi' manga's are not 'gay' relationships).  

Syntria
Crew

kataphora

6,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:33 am
watch kissing jessica stein. it's a lesbian couple, but still :X pretty much the same~  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:38 pm
I tend to whine and B***h and scream at everything that moves as loud and as often as I can without causing myself physical pain(like a really bad headache that gets worse after). but im asleep most of the time so it dosent really matter.  

PassedOutHyperQueen

AHKyle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:01 pm
Yeah, are you talking about a couple or just a gay guy? Cause it's exactly the same for us as it is for straight people.

If you're asking about the dynamics of a member of a gay couple getting sick and the other perhaps trying to do something about it, well... that varies.

There's a lot of generalization going on in these topics. It keeps things interesting, I guess.  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games