Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:19 pm
Three things about me:

1. I'm only 16 years old and turning 17 years old on March 29. Currently I'm a junior in high school.

2. I'm a poet. I got my first poem published when I was in 8th grade, but I'm not getting anymore poems published till I can publish them myself. I am going to wait so then I have the copyright and not the contest people.

3. I am 5th Varsity on my high school's chess team, but I do have a threat of being pushed out of Varsity to 1st or 2nd JV in the upcoming week.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:50 pm
Hmmm... Three things that are tru and preferably intersting about myself...

1) I collect many things tho most prominantly action figures. The more articulated the better.

2) I watch a rediculous amount of television, I catch as many cool movies as I can.

3) As a byproduct of #2 I have a veritible encyclopedic knowledge of trivial facts. And thus I am constantly day dreaming pretty mutch all the time. Luckily being perpetualy distracted means you will never be bored again, tho your memory suffers the most. sweatdrop  

Firu Nicorusu

DM of Death

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:20 am
Here here to #3 Firu! lol  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:49 pm
3 interesting things about me...

(since you all already knew I was married, I'll leave that one off the list domokun also, AMP: I've worked in the movie industry too, just as an artist instead of a pretty actress blaugh )

1. I have a Bachelor's degree in Video Game Art & Design, focusing in 2D artwork. My most expensive art piece(s) sold for $1,000 each. My least expensive piece sold for somewhere around 25 cents...(I think). And I've given tons of stuff away for free.

2. I'm also an author, though unpublished. I *have* been paid to write in the past, but only small little paragraph blurbs that I'm not sure actually got used. But then again, maybe they did. I've never been served with a collections letter before, so I don't know.

3. I have lived in Japan as part of a foreign exchange program. I am considered to be bi-cultural (I speak the Kansai dialect of Japanese, sing traditional Japanese songs, do some calligraphy, can dress myself properly in kimono and tie my own obi, cook Japanese food, and can behave appropriately with Japanese mannerisms) (I don't *look* Japanese though emo )  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Wedry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:12 pm
Hmm... ninja

1.) I served in the USMC for four years as a heavy-machine gun operator, from August 1, 1988-July 31, 1992. I was dragged to the recruiter by a friend who told me the only reason he wanted me along was so that he wouldn't do anything stupid like joining the Corp. He joined the Coast Guard. rolleyes

2.) I've been a Role-Player since I was 13; mostly Dungeons & Dragons, but I've also tried several others, including; GURPS, Shadow Run, Cyber Punk, Heroes, and of course the White Wolf games Vampire the Masquerade, Werewolf the Apocalypse, Wraith the Oblivion, and Demon the Fallen. I tried the new series of White Wolf stuff and hated it completely. I'll be 38 this year. cool

3.) I have two black cats and don't much care for dogs; which probably stems from the repressed feelings of owning my first puppy on my 12th Christmas. His name was Cricket and he died of a heart murmur 6 days later. emo  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:35 pm
I’m back, and might as well take part as well.

1. I have worked several jobs, many of the more interesting ones where short lived, including IT, bounty hunting and being a manager at a grocery store. I currently work in the US AMY in MI (I’m not allowed to say anymore then that). I’m also CEO of Eroth Productions LLC. GC13 is the co-partner and we have hired L.A.V. to do art for our first publications, which will be released this and next year.

2. I’m a real stickler for the rules and worked out on my before even joining the army. Much do to my stern a strict attitude I have been pinned with the nick name “Combat”.

3. I love to develop things and write. We are hoping to release RPS the paper pencil role-playing game very soon. The original system for RPS was my design but GC13 helped a lot with balancing it (that’s what he’s good at).  

FARGORE
Captain

Master of Gladiators

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:01 pm
Just as an Update, several Organizations have received new Organization Specific Items. These Organizations are:

The Church of the Divine Mother
The Crypt
The Elites (potential debt)
The Illuminati (potential debt)
The Lancers

Please check your appropriate Organization for Item update and potential debt resolution techniques.

(Special thanks to AMP for the idea behind the item, Symbol of the Mother,
to Heirophant of the Broken for the Elite Mantle,
and to FARGORE for the new Lance)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:25 am
Hey, could somebody please invite my friend smackdown52 into this guild? Thanks! ^_^  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:02 am
The warehouse is now being continued! Everyone should go there and check it out. Just a hint: those who were taken out may have the opportunity to get involved again. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:54 pm
FARGORE
The warehouse is now being continued! Everyone should go there and check it out. Just a hint: those who were taken out may have the opportunity to get involved again. wink

How so? I was killed in the last battle by Death; but I would love to get back into it if at all possible. Since DM of Death hasn't bothered to continue Something from Above for over a month now, this is the only thing currently running that I can get involved in. (Since I have no need for charge coins, there's no reason to do the Fountain, and since I can't attack anything, I can't do the Individual Tourney. Which is kind of unfair, for those of us who took the support path.)  

Daughter Inferior

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:46 pm
Daughter Inferior
FARGORE

How so? I was killed in the last battle by Death; but I would love to get back into it if at all possible. Since Death hasn't bothered to continue Something from Above for over a month now, this is the only thing currently running that I can get involved in. (Since I have no need for charge coins, there's no reason to do the Fountain, and since I can't attack anything, I can't do the Individual Tourney. Which is kind of unfair, for those of us who took the support path.)

I'm going to get area 72 going quicker, ignoring Gerbo's presence being there till he gets back. Also, I have another idea for an event that could be done many times, consists of four players, and normally involves no fighting unless the players are greedy, so support path people may participate in this. xD Fargore, I'll send you the idea right now for the place with this event.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:59 am
Speaking of support characters getting jipped on the tournament I had come up with an idea for that. It would simply be this.

If you have a support based character you can submit a request with a Minor DM or higher for an “Assisted” run of the tournament.

The DM will decide if the character is so support based that a tournament run is too difficult alone.

If the answer to the above question is yes then the character will be approved for an assisted run of the tournament.

The character will then select a DM Character (Acolyte or higher, cannot be the same DM as the one running the tournament) and ask them for assistance. The DM has the choice to accept or decline for any reason. If a DM does decline then the player may ask someone else.

Once the character has a partner they may start their assisted tournament. In the assisted tournament the two will fight alongside each other just as if it where any other dungeon or quest. The number of opponents in each round is doubled.

All the rewards remain normal and at the end of the tournament the player receives all of the normal rewards. The Helper DM will receive 1 CP. The player may also give any reward they want to the Helper DM as a thank you gift, but this is at the players discretion. (the idea of the thank you gift only exists because of the fact that most DM characters are stronger then a lot of normal characters, so even if you have to fight double the opponents it’s still a nice advantage to be able to bring one of the DM’s with you.)

So what does everyone think about that?  

FARGORE
Captain

Heirophant_of_the_Broken
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:45 pm
I like the idea. It's time support characters got some love from the tournament anyway.

******************************************************************************************

Oh, and since I missed the little section on talking about ourselves I might as well do one too.

1. I am severly accident prone. In my life I've had broken bones, been lit on fire, had four major bike accidents (and concequently four concussions), nearly had my thumb severed, had a part of my face ripped off at birth (only after I was found to be sideways, upside down and chocking on the umbilical cord), and over a hundred knicks, scrapes, bruises and various assorted other wounds. I think that's everything...

2. Like Djanni, I also am an unpublished author of sorts. I already have one book completed (I just have to find a publisher) and have almost five others that I work on whenever the mood suits me.

3. I am also a member of the United States Army MI Corp. I have served since June 26, 2007 and as of this post I am currently serving with FARGORE in Korea (though I technically can't say where in Korea). Keep an eye out: you may be seeing some South Korean friends of mine joining up soon. And they're no pushovers. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:16 am
As a quick note: we need new members! I ask that all RPS members recruit as best they can! I know its not easy and I’m going to try as well but we are dwindling. I’m still intending on running my little promotion but I will likely do it on the 4th of July weekend because Vincent is going to come over and we can work on it together in the same room and it will be easier. But other than that it’s pretty much up to the guild as a whole.

Also: GC13 has turned guild owner ship over to me and has left the guild. He no longer wishes to be part of it. From here on I am the one and only Major DM, so all final decisions are subject to me. I will do my best to be fair and just as I believe I always have been.

Also again: I know I have been distracted a lot lately but part of that is because I’m currently working on the Paper Pencil RPG version of the RPS system. So soon you could buy the whole system plus new items, monsters, organizations, classes (yes there is an optional class system), campaign and a ton of other fun stuff. I’m hoping there will be a lot to enjoy. The RPS system book will include full color cover, internal art, pages of new material never before seen on the guild and will be released by Eroth Productions LLC. But even if you are not interested at all, RPS on gaia will always be free to play!  

FARGORE
Captain

RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas