Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Sup La Meant "Airy" In Struck, Shun. Update! 12/18 Help? O; Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How many people have passed through?
  This many.
View Results

KotokoPlum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:38 am
Yeah, my titles are weird, but I've always found them very fun to make.

Can you understand it? d:

dA = http://zhoushijie.deviantart.com

I can take fairly brutal critique, depending on the piece of art I've put up. I would prefer if you take time to attend to things I bring notice to before pointing out other things, though, because if I feel the need to say it, that means I find it very glaring.

Okay, so my most recent example/WIP will be posted here~ (Scraps may be posted throughout the thread, though... I'm honestly not too sure how this will work. xD; )
[none at the moment]

**Please take a look at my dilemma several posts down, too. O:  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:10 pm
General Information ll

Birthdate: Sept 10 1991
Drawing [seriously]: since seventh grade -- 2004
Influenced Greatly By: Anime/manga, favorite artists on dA, semi-realism

Things I Enjoy Drawing ll

Females
Aesthetically pleasing things (pretty, in a word)
3/4 view facing the left of face (I draw it too often)

Things I Suck At ll

Males (generally)
Hands/Feet
Anatomy (more or less)
Backgrounds
Coloring (especially on the computer)
Clothing/Folds
Mecha/Anthromorphic
Complicated Poses
Perspective

...the list goes on.  

KotokoPlum

KotokoPlum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:27 pm
ll Archives ll
oldest (top) -> newest (bottom)

December 18-January 1
BEFORE CLICKING PLEASE READ! This is part of a secret santa exchange NOT the one occuring in this guild. If you are taking part in the Secret Santa for Artists guild exchange, don't look! It doesn't have many telling details. (Okay, none really.) But I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone.

This is NOT part of the Secret Santa in THIS guild. x____x

DETAILS (highlight to read if you are not part of it): The pose is kinda weird. She's sitting on a treasure chest [because she is a pirate] and her hand will be holding the edge of her hat. I'm not all too great at sitting poses and the crossed legs make it even weirder. I used a reference (though I can't find it at the moment) for the crossed legs, but they still look odd...
Proportions also look rather weird. And feet.... HA. Utter fail. I couldn't even draw them correctly. x___x Any help is appreciated~ Drawovers are loved. <3

edit: I went ahead and did the rest since the deadline is today (the 18th). There is a buffer period for late entries, though, so if there is anythign you see, please tell me!
end!

I just don't want to ruin it for anyone. But I repeat, NO, this is not for the one in this guild. C:

archive edit: Since the Secret Santa is over, I figure no one would object to me putting the information in blue.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:36 pm
[reserved]  

KotokoPlum

KotokoPlum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:45 pm
Extra ll

I'd like to ask you guys a question because I have a rather pressing dilemma. I promised my friend I'd enter her art contest since I am her friend and she barely gets entries in general. The contest, however, doesn't spark my interest very much, and honestly, I am dreading drawing it. How should I go about doing this?

I have put together a simple composition sketch that is decent [imo], but I'm worried that this will turn into one of those things I will despise both working on and how it turns out.

Do you need more info?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:17 pm
-cuts ribbon- You can post if you want to. (You could post before, but I'm just making it clear/er.) xD  

KotokoPlum

Errol McGillivray
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:19 pm
Is there a particular image you'd like any comment on?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:42 pm
Hmmm I'd like to comment on 'Nikohl OC pencil commish'
The breasts look a bit squished... and the perspective of the pool/pond/birdbath is a bit off... It's too much of an arial view, when it should be more of an angle.
I'd say define the wrists a bit more.

It's b-e-a-utiful though. And those are some of the best hands I've seen in a while... 3nodding  

Yuri Mono

KotokoPlum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:58 pm
Errol// Not at this moment, but I'll have some concept sketches and questions up soon. :3

YuriMono// Ah, yes, they do. O: I seem to have gotten into a bad habit of simply drawing them like that all the time.
And a friend pointed out the perspective wonkiness...oops. ^ ^;;;
Mm, the wrists do blend into the lower arm. I'll pay more attention to that. C:

Why, thank you. ;D I worked hard on those hands. xD (And I got a little lucky, too.)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:39 pm
Ooh, I love the smooth, sleek quality of your pencils <33 I guess I'll wait until you post some questions/sketches to crit, though. O:  

`Famire

3_twisted_roses

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:22 pm
Wonderful drawins! Keep up the great work.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:04 pm
A work in progress in need of urgent crit. ;D <3 (It's due on Sunday, uwaaah!)  

KotokoPlum

Yuri Mono

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:31 pm
The WIP is actually done quite nicely.

Just add the other foot.... shape the torso a bit more into that hourglass shape, and it's good to go.

3nodding I might add a draw over later...Tablet's not here atm... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:31 pm
Finished the picture since the deadline is today. Please still crit because there is a buffer period in case there are people who dropped out without telling us or people can't finish.  

KotokoPlum

Julia Pegasus

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:43 pm
I'm in love with the face *u*

The crossed legs look a little off, as if the leg underneath were flat. But I think it can be solved with the shading, emphasizing the cilindric shape of the tigh.

Also, the right arm is too long (the one that is resting over the chest). If the hand is leaning over the front part of the chest, her back should be a little curved; and as her back is straight, the arm should be more to the back. I suggest trying the second option, so it won't change much in the structure of the drawing.  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff