Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Is it ok to be average?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Merumiharu

IRL Cat

14,075 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:16 pm
So today while I was helping my friend at Wild Boars a lvl 25 Swordman came by and started killing things. I ignored him and kept killing until he said,

"Wow, I can't believe I'm doing the same dmg as a 5x Warrior."

Let me point out that his Pumpkin Spear was scrolled to 61 att and +6 STR, he was also funded and dexless.

So I told him it was because his item was scrolled and I was just using ctrl with no rage and no power strike. So of course it looked similar if not more.

So I was thinking, is it OK to be average? I mean textbook AP and SP with a normal weapon and normal equips. Not everyone has the mesos to have a zillion scrolls to scroll every weapon, or to buy previously scrolled weapons. Some of us actually grind for days and days on one monster to get their equips. Even then if its below average on attack, then it happens.

Then again I'm ok with being average because I know I'm not funded or anything. I'm ok with my average weapon and my average equips and my average DEX TYVM. But are you? Are you a dexless, lukless kinda person? Are your equips scrolled out? Is it about being the best or just having fun?

I can't be the only average person right?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:34 pm
It is okay to be average.
There is no perfection in what stats maplers
may have. Doesnt matter how people compare
things between each other. It also is because his stuff is
scrolled and he hits the same average attack as you.
It doesnt matter htough. Well at least not to me.  

roxsmysoxs

Winter Coma-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:05 am
im a low dex sin
with godly scrolled items lol  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:07 am
I thought everyone wants to be normal? Just tell that guy that he is a freak and you are normal. Having such high attack at level 25 means he is adnormal. So he is the one who should change and not you. And ask him to make a same character with same stats and same equip as you. And if he could still match your level 5X warrior then you better go and tell the GM about him hacking. XD
Don't worry about it. You are normal and thats all about it. Its not like you have added wrong stats.
~Foxie  

qutefoxy

Feather

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:25 am
It's fine. I am not funded and in my experience so far, fully scrolled items aren't worth the mesos and effort to upgrade that far. Just as long as you haven't made any terrible mistakes with skill choices you're good. Besides, there's always going to be someone out there better than you. Ranking doesn't go off dmg output, after all.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:38 am
>_>

im a str dit now

if i wanted attack i would have stayed LUK but i didnt.

Personally im just playing the game for fun. Too many people take damage seriously

zonic69

Zarow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:23 pm
Winter Coma-
im a low dex sin
with godly scrolled items lol

Good for you. That's not what this thread is about.

It's just fine to be "average".
Many people consider it more "fun" to be amazing or strong. I'm just fine being natural.

I wish they could make it so only you could see the damage numbers (as an option).
I'm always being compared..  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:58 pm
Average is perfect.

Let me also start off by saying anything ___less is horrible, and nobody, NOBODY, should make a class that disregards one of the necessary stats.

Now, my concept in game is this, and this is generally what I say (usually pertaining to idiotic attack work gloves):

"If you can get by with normal equips, use them."

Honestly, there isn't much a greater truth out there.

Why waste money, time, and an abundance of other resources if you can kill a monster with what you have.

I use average equips.

Average everything in fact, except for weapon.

I currently have a 6 attack work glove, and I don't wish for you to say I'm a hypocrite, because my best friend gave it to me for free, so I use it, despite the measly damage it adds.

Average in this game is perfect.

Above average is for the over achievers or impatient people.

I'll have you know, I am impatient myself, and don't generally like seeing people far stronger then me because of absurd equipment, so the only thing I agree with myself to use is a scrolled weapon.

Anything else scrolled is just foolish and a waste.

You'll just be discarding your old equipment eventually.

Honestly, why scroll something thats say, level 50, when you could wait until 110, and scroll something of that caliber.

As for weapons, I can't stand being weak and taking forever to kill something that someone generally lower then me can kill easier.

But then again, my dagger isn't even that great.

82/5 Deadly Fin, which I did get at a decent price (2.3m) and it is fairly strong, or at least, decent to me.

Again, to being boring, and sound like a record, all throughout this post:

Average is Perfect.

Above is for over achievers.

Under is for people who enjoy a challenge, or whom are in the midst of working their way up.

A Rusty Nail

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:21 am
Lol average is fine. I mean I had above average items at lvl 100ish and then a lvl 100 person comes up and asks for my items' stats and then shows off his stats and says my stuff is newb xp
So is my old above average actually 'average' now? xp  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:09 pm
its okay if your lvl 59 and under lvl 60+ you should start scrolling if you want to train with stronger creatures just ignore those people their a**es.  

Animeperson2007

zonic69

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:45 am
but anyway

all i gotta say is
if you want power and damage.
then make a saber

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers