His Dark Materials .:Philip Pullman:.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daemons?
  They rock!
  It would be nice to have one...
  Eww! Little wild animals following you? No way!
View Results

Memory Earth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:08 pm
Have you heard of this Trilogy?

The Northen Lights (The Golden Compass)

The Subtle Knife

The Amber Spyglass

So Have you read them?

I think they are awesome books, and they will get you addictied to Daemons. About the books.

Also 'The Golden Compass' Is coming out in the movies in december.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:51 pm
yeah I read them back in elementary school biggrin awesome books, I liked them  

jaecakes

Wheafy the Squirrel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 11:46 am
I read those in middle school, and absolutely adored them. Very well written and extremely imaginative. I sat in the back of the class wondering what daemon I would have instead of paying attention to my social studies teacher. whee  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I liked The Golden Compass and The Subtle Knife.
Although I never got around to finishing The Amber Spyglass.
>.<
I should be getting around to that. Ha. Although I don't want Lyra's parents to die, or Will to leave. (I spoiled the book for myself).

And the previews for the movie was like... nothing like I imagined it.

theorie de chaos

Wheafy the Squirrel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:22 pm
Evidently, a lot of people in the Christian community are getting pissed about the aetheistic themes in the books and don't want the movies to be shown. I think that's silly. So it's aetheistic. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and it's just one man--his beliefs aren't the end of the world. I read the books and just tried to enjoy the fantasy elements. razz  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:47 am
I've read the Golden Compass and Amber Spyglass. For some reason I lost interest after those two. They were good though.  

Tea Room Terror

Spirit-senpai Albarn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:41 pm
Next to Watership Down, the His Dark Materials trilogy is my favorite. I love everything about it, and the way he creates the different worlds absolutely amazed. I cried so much at the end of Amber Spyglass my mom asked me if I had boy troubles. XD But it's SO good and thought-provoking.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:48 pm
I loved the books, and it definately became one of my favourite series, but the movie was a little odd. It barely outlined the first 2/3 of the book and it really wasn't great. If it hadn't been based on a book it may've been a good movie, but when they left out so much of the book and made so many adjustments, it really didn't work out. I was completely dissapointed.  

Blushingchinadoll

8,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Overstocked 200
Books/Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items