Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Working on Test Thread, willing to take suggestions still. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is everything okay?
  Yes
  No (Please Post Your Ideas)
View Results

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:40 pm

{Nov 18} I made a new test thread. It's here.
Everyone should help make banners, even if it's just a little on so people can put them in their signature. I'd really apprecaite it.

{Nov 14} Please fill out the following form as soon as possible:

Name:
Bio:
Powers:
Weaknesses:
Newspaper Clippings:
Willing to do Freebies:
If so, What do they have to do to get them:

Note: I put "Newspaper Clippings" instead of samples in hopes of keeping the super hero theme. I think the samples should be "cut out" looking.

Also, here is the "test forum" thread if you care to take a look: Here

If there are things you don't agree upon or don't like, you can step down at any point before the auction begins. No hard feelings or anything.

{Nov 12}
Everyone who has signed up for the auction must post the permission form and state that they still want to be part of the auction. You have until the 17th to do so. If its not done by then, I will assume that you no long want to be part of the auction.

Thank you!

{Nov 9}
I'd like to start working on the thread... but I need something from ya'll first.

Would I have your permission to take some of your peices and make them into banners. Of course it'd have either your name or signature or username. In short, it'd be linked back to you.

If you agree to allow me to do this, post this form:

Username:
Written Permission:
Form of Signature you want:
Picture You'd like as Your Banner:

Thanks for your help everyone! ^_^

{Nov 4}I think it would be swell for a bunch of people from the guild to join up in an auction. Not only would it be a great way to get some extra gold but also to advance in their art skills.

I know people are busy, but I'm thinking of having it around the holidays so people have more time for it.

Ideas, suggestions, etc?

I'm going to make a list of people who are interested. If you'd like, post that you're interested and I shall add you to the list (note, just because you are on the list doesn't hold you to joining the auction. You can withdraw at any time for any reason at all). You may add other things also such as suggestions on theme, bids, contests, etc. It may be helpful to link to your gallery/mentee/mentor thread.

Ideas:

Name Ideas: Artmen United!
idea Theme Ideas:
Teh Prurient Pirate Queen

Maybe... a super hero theme... "Great Artists United" or something... We COULD do holidays... but I bet 95% of people will be... we want to be original, no?

idea Start Time Ideas:
November 19th or 26th or so

idea End Time Ideas:
Have it end around the 2nd week of December and end before the Holidays therefore people will have time to do the winner's art then.

idea Bid Ideas:
100k, Increments of 10k?

Those Interested: (Confirmed are underlined)
Teh Prurient Pirate Queen: Mentee Thread
BadLuckNovelist
I.P.Freely
Vena
The Martian
Xyirii
_Kyohaku_Nushi_
Yuri Mono
Exsahn: Thread
.[ Cheesecube ].

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:06 pm
The only thing to be aware of is that there are a lot of people doing auctions during the holidays. But I'm interested smile  

I.P.Freely

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:55 pm
User Image
User Image

I understand that... but it seems there is little activity in the guild which leads me to believe that people are really busy.

Perhaps we can have it BEFORE the Holiday season so people can do the winner's art DURING the holiday... therefore would have time for it.

We could aways hire bumpers and have contest for bumpers thus moving it forward instead of the busy members trying to keep up with it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:56 pm
User Image
User Image

Oh, by the way, I believe I shall make a list of people who are interested. Would you mind if I added you to the list?

Call Me Stephanie

BadLuckNovelist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:31 pm
Even though I'm probably screwing myself over, I'm in for it. Though it might be January or so before I could actually get my contribution in unless I know what I need to do before December 15th or 16th.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:39 pm
User Image
User Image

That may be doable. I mean, I'd like to make sure people have time for the art.

Maybe we should have a short auction first. I never had my own auction so it can be a trial run. If it turns out well, we can continue to have them.

Perhaps we can start it next week, and have it run until the second week of December. That way people have the holiday to work on the winners art as I said.

Call Me Stephanie

I.P.Freely

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:08 pm
Sounds like a good idea. You can add me to the list 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:16 pm
User Image
User Image

Awesome. ^_^

Call Me Stephanie

Xyirii

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:25 pm
I guess I could take a whack at it. I can't make promises, though. The beginning of December is when my finals for this semester begin, and I am doomed to be beyond stressed up until this semester is over. I can try though, and so I shall. Give me a day or two and maybe I can come up with some ideas for the auction itself, savvy?

Okay then! -Toddles off.-

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:54 am
I wouldn't mind if people didn't bump and stuff during the auction. But the auction will be over at the end of Dec, so your semester should be over by then. Thus people can work on the winner's art during the holidays.  

Call Me Stephanie

_Kyohaku_Nushi_

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:26 am
I'm interested in it slightly..
But I don't really.. comprehend? everything.
Can you explain what the auction actually is for?
Like.. What are we auctioning? =P
Art of other people? Orr...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:26 pm
I would help : o  

Vena

5,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:21 pm

Kyo: People come and bid on art work. They may want avatar art or OC art. It's kinda like someone commissioning you... but instead of getting a slot they have to outbid each other to get it.

If you'd like, go to this link (it's the Auction forum on Gaia) and check it out. Maybe that will help explain more? Auction Forum

Vena: Awesome.

Got any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:32 pm
ooh oh ooh!! Pick me!

I'll join. I've never done an auction before, and I've always wanted to... shrug.

Anyways. DevArt
That has most of the styles that I draw in, and it'll give you an idea of a finished piece.

Oh, and I recently got a tablet? so yea.... >__> now i'm just rambling.. gonnna stop typing now...

Cant wait!

And since it's over the holidays... We could either do a thanksgiving themed one, or a Christmas one, since it'll prolly be closer to Christmas anyways..

Or a New Year's Theme?  

Yuri Mono

Call Me Stephanie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:27 am
I think maybe we can do the Guild's name to help get it's name out there.

What do you all think?  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces