Brock and Misty in

"Back to the Dual Screen"

(We look in on the backstage area of the theater, nearby Misty's drawing board. An ice blue Nintendo DS lies by the can full of pencils. As we zoom into the DS, it opens and we go inside the screens, depicted to us, the TV audience, as a white screen split in half by a thick black line).

(An ice blue stylus appears and draws Brock on the bottom half of the split screen)

Brock: Hi, guys! I seem to be the--(the stylus pokes him)--OW! Watch where you put that stylus!

(the stylus hovers over Brock for a moment)

Brock: I'm watching you, stylus...

(Brock starts to walk off the bottom screen, with the stylus following. He then starts walking in the other direction off the bottom screen, with the stylus hanging over him all the while. Suddenly, he notices the top screen)

Brock: Oh! Forgot I had a whole other screen up there...

(Brock heaves himself up to the top screen)

Brock: Can't get me up here! (blows a raspberry at the bottom screen)

(The stylus looms over Brock again)

Brock: Okay, so maybe you CAN get me up here...

(the stylus picks up Brock and dangles him over the two screens)

Brock: Uh oh...

(The stylus drops Brock on the bottom screen again, dazed. Tiny styli with wings spin around Brock's head)

Brock: So...what kind of a game shall we play, my dear player? Tease your mind with a puzzle? (he tosses a Rubik's Cube between his hands for a moment) Quest to save the world from certain doom? (he momentarily transforms into Link and brandishes the Master Sword and the Zelda theme plays while he says this line) Or shall we rock out and boogie down with a music game? (plays a rock riff on an electric guitar for emphasis)

(Suddenly, the DS closes, making the screen go black)

Brock(muffled): You're just gonna leave me all alone in here? Open up! Please? Open up?

(the split screen with Brock on the bottom reappears again)

Brock: Thank you.

(The stylus looms over Brock again)

Brock: My offer still stands, stylus.

(The stylus draws a sword in Brock's hand, making him transform into a warrior-esque hero as the title screen to the "game" appears: Brock's Adventure)

Brock: A quest it is, then! We shall quest to win the fair hand of the princess Joy! (Nurse Joy is drawn in the scene in a Zelda-esque outfit)

(The stylus erases everything, leaving Brock on a blank screen again)

Brock: Changed your mind? All right...

(The stylus draws a guitar in Brock's hands. He starts to play a rock version of "Unbeatable" before the stylus erases his instrument and venue, leaving him to play air guitar on a blank screen for a moment)

Brock: Okay, so you don't want to jam... (he suddenly notes a mic nearby) You know, your Nintendo DS has a microphone built in...so why don't we do a sound check by blowing into it? (he brandishes a sound meter)

(The sound meter rises by a few notches, but is still in the red zone)

Brock: You call that blowing?

(the sound meter rises a little more, but it is just barely in the yellow zone)

Brock: Okay, I felt a little wind there...

(the sound meter rises to just below the green zone)

Brock: That's the spirit! Give me all you got!

(The sound meter hits the maximum and sends Brock flying all over both screens. He crawls back on the bottom screen a few seconds later)

Brock: You've got lung power, all right! (he cleans himself off) So, now what shall we do?

(Brock stands on the bottom screen for a moment, waiting for an answer. He passes the time by shifting his weight, playing with a yo-yo, and whistling a few bars of "Pokemon Johto". Finally, he decides to take matters into his own hands by dragging the RPG title screen back in again, making him retransform into a warrior)

Brock: I still say we go on a quest...

(Just then, the DS closes again, leaving Brock in the dark!)

Brock: Try and calm me down by trapping me in here, are you? Well, I'll just keep talking untill you open up again! It wasn't very nice to just close the system up like that...(as brock as ranting we quickly return to the real world, where Misty is holding the closed DS.

Misty: Now I can say Brock got touched... (holds the stylus in the other hand and winks)

THE END