Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:27 pm
If Ryuk could see Lights lifespan, wouldn't that mean that he would know when the whole thing would end? I mean...I don't think he knew precisely how it would end until he was standing in that warehouse. But he knew how long the whole Kira thing would last, and he knew that Light would eventually lose.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:00 pm
Actually, Shinigami know your actual natural lifespan; when you would die of natural causes. When they write your name in their book, they kill you prematurely and take the rest of what would have been your life span and lengthen theirs with it.  

Kasumi Ocada

Smitten Citizen

6,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150

TaiyoukaiLord

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:47 pm
I think in the beginning, Light had a 2 for his lifespan. But thing is... Getting killed by a shinigami isn't natural, so he probably would have died after the day Ryuk killed him. Aww... I feel bad that he died! crying  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:41 pm
Kasumi Ocada
Actually, Shinigami know your actual natural lifespan; when you would die of natural causes. When they write your name in their book, they kill you prematurely and take the rest of what would have been your life span and lengthen theirs with it.

Well, what about that girl who was almost stabbed? (The one who was saved by that random shinigami who Rem watched die.) Her lifespan showed the day she was going to be stabbed, not her natural lifespan.  

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:45 pm
TaiyoukaiLord
I think in the beginning, Light had a 2 for his lifespan. But thing is... Getting killed by a shinigami isn't natural, so he probably would have died after the day Ryuk killed him. Aww... I feel bad that he died! crying

In the beginning, it didn't show you his lifespan. It did, but it was in shinigami time... @_@
And back to the girl who was almost stabbed...she aparently lived a normal life after that random shinigami killed the stalker. Who's to say Light wouldn't have lived too?
I don't feel bad that he died...he deserved what he got.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:55 pm
Persistence_of_Memory
Kasumi Ocada

Well, what about that girl who was almost stabbed? (The one who was saved by that random shinigami who Rem watched die.) Her lifespan showed the day she was going to be stabbed, not her natural lifespan.

That girl was Misa, by the way. :3  

mond -an- mitternacht

Memeri

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:19 pm
Persistence_of_Memory
TaiyoukaiLord

In the beginning, it didn't show you his lifespan. It did, but it was in shinigami time... @_@
And back to the girl who was almost stabbed...she aparently lived a normal life after that random shinigami killed the stalker. Who's to say Light wouldn't have lived too?

well its not that he deserved wat he got cuz in a way he did but it was the power of the death note that drove him to insanity and thus derservin to die. i mean its pretty sad when u look at Light almost pity him.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:08 pm
[katgirl] Tsuki-chan
Persistence_of_Memory
Kasumi Ocada

That girl was Misa, by the way. :3

Ooooh...
Yeah, I had to go back and look at it. They never show her face but it would make sense for her to be Misa, wouldn't it?
Jeez...something about Misa is attractive to shinigami. O_o

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:16 pm
latina89
Persistence_of_Memory
TaiyoukaiLord

well its not that he deserved wat he got cuz in a way he did but it was the power of the death note that drove him to insanity and thus derservin to die. i mean its pretty sad when u look at Light almost pity him.

No, I think he deserved what he got.
He chose to write the names in the first place. He wanted to play god.
He doesn't get any pity from me at all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:33 pm
Of course it was Misa. She had a crazy fan who was obsessed with her a and tried to kill her and then Jealous(the other shinigami) saved her, died, and left the Death Note to Rem, who told her later.

Natural causes means anything you were destined to have died of. Misa was supposed to be murdered by that guy.  

SCP-511

Ryuzaki - Silence

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:08 pm
Persistence_of_Memory

I believe that 'Natural Lifespan' means 'Without Shinigami Intervention'?
Edit - Kasumi Ocada has pretty much said this.

So...
Misa Amane's lifespan would have shown the exact moment she died from the attack, but because Jealous intervened, her Death was Postponed. Her lifespan, as a result, would have been longer.

Light would have died soon after that whole scene - Everyone knew he was Kira, and so a Human would have killed him, assuming that he would have survived the loss of blood...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:59 pm
I took "natural lifespan" to mean something along the lines of "death by natural causes." I don't count being stabbed as natural causes, since that would be ruled a homicide. I included being killed by a shinigami in that category...

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Koishii X

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:49 pm
TaiyoukaiLord

Well yeah he would have died even without Ryuk striking the final blow. He lost a lot of blood.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:59 pm
Persistence_of_Memory
latina89
Persistence_of_Memory
TaiyoukaiLord

No, I think he deserved what he got.
He chose to write the names in the first place. He wanted to play god.
He doesn't get any pity from me at all.
Yea, he did deserve to die. He was a psychopath. If he got his way then he would be the only person in the world alive.  

bullterrierlove

Shirtless Spotter

10,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Pup Crazed Kiya

Beloved Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:26 pm
Kasumi Ocada

yup yup  
Everything Death Note

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces