Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
I saw this and thought of you. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:09 am
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20071024

So what do you all think, clever satire on emo stereotypes, maybe just more misrepresentation of emo culture in the media, or is it just tasteless to you?

Personally I loved it, I thought it was a fantastic joke nothing more, but what do you guys reckon?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:09 am

Sooo stereotypical.
I laughed.

[Ashes][is][Ashes]
Crew

The Raining Soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:01 am
Haha. I actually laughed at this one.

I feel sorry for the guy in the sweater vest, having to be the one being judged most.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:56 pm
i absolutely love cad!  

shadow_kitten2006

Introspective_Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:47 am
Hooray! More stereotypes to be judged by and classified under! Wheeee!
......( major sarcasm) ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:37 am
XKira_Twilight_TearsX

Well thats interesting, so rather then seeing it as a satire on the typical views society has of emo (made through the eye of judgment in the strip) you seem to be taking it as an attack against emo culture by perpetuating stereotypes.  

Rellik San
Captain

Introspective_Otaku

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:37 pm
Rellik San
XKira_Twilight_TearsX

Well thats interesting, so rather then seeing it as a satire on the typical views society has of emo (made through the eye of judgment in the strip) you seem to be taking it as an attack against emo culture by perpetuating stereotypes.

Not as an attack, but more like ammunition. ( btw it was an amusing strip! ^_^) Which yeah, is basically what you just said in response to my comment. The emo culture in the perspective of outsiders. People who have even a decent amount of understanding on the true ethics of the emo culture can find this strip as you siad, "a satire on the typical views society has of emo". People who don't understand, aren't willing to learn, and who are willing to tkae and perpetuate things that they view through the media would just use this as another way to mock the emo society. That's all... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:41 pm
that is totally true about the stereotype enforcing people in this guild  

The Dadalorian
Crew

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:02 am
XKira_Twilight_TearsX
Rellik San
XKira_Twilight_TearsX

Not as an attack, but more like ammunition. ( btw it was an amusing strip! ^_^) Which yeah, is basically what you just said in response to my comment. The emo culture in the perspective of outsiders. People who have even a decent amount of understanding on the true ethics of the emo culture can find this strip as you siad, "a satire on the typical views society has of emo". People who don't understand, aren't willing to learn, and who are willing to tkae and perpetuate things that they view through the media would just use this as another way to mock the emo society. That's all... sweatdrop

But then consider films like Airheads and Waynes World, that are a satire on metal and grunge culture. Though loved by the metal and grunge community, they could also be used as ammunition against us. Its just a matter of intelligence and common sense. Besides if you notice in that comic, none of the characters actually look 'typically' emo, which could be interpreted as not applying stereotypes directly, but rather through the actions of one character.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:02 pm
Rellik San
XKira_Twilight_TearsX
Rellik San
XKira_Twilight_TearsX

But then consider films like Airheads and Waynes World, that are a satire on metal and grunge culture. Though loved by the metal and grunge community, they could also be used as ammunition against us. Its just a matter of intelligence and common sense. Besides if you notice in that comic, none of the characters actually look 'typically' emo, which could be interpreted as not applying stereotypes directly, but rather through the actions of one character.

Hmm..that's right, none of the characters looked "emo" in the comic. Soo...it's more of a satire of how quickly people jump to conclusions and classify something as being emo? So its more of a reflection on actions and behaviors rather than physical appearance....  

Introspective_Otaku

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:11 pm
XKira_Twilight_TearsX
Rellik San
XKira_Twilight_TearsX
Rellik San
XKira_Twilight_TearsX

Hmm..that's right, none of the characters looked "emo" in the comic. Soo...it's more of a satire of how quickly people jump to conclusions and classify something as being emo? So its more of a reflection on actions and behaviors rather than physical appearance....
Exactly, then also look at the reactions used by the two human characters, the one accused of bein 'emo-chief' is actually the one that has the least response to whats said, where as its his friend that takes it all the hardest.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:21 pm
wow thats messed.... but funny  

ryuuzaki949

Introspective_Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:30 am
Rellik San
XKira_Twilight_TearsX
Rellik San
XKira_Twilight_TearsX
Rellik San
XKira_Twilight_TearsX

Exactly, then also look at the reactions used by the two human characters, the one accused of bein 'emo-chief' is actually the one that has the least response to whats said, where as its his friend that takes it all the hardest.

:: Bows to Rellik ::
Truly, thy art the Master. ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:19 pm
I personally thought it was grand, made me chuckle.  

Xx-Razorblade-Skittles-xX

DaisukeOrDark

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:27 pm
I love CAD.

^^  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games