Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Here's some Gold for you ^_^
  Yoink
View Results

AngeIIusMalus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:12 pm
Hello! I'm an English Teacher in Japan at a Japanese High School (origonaly from Seattle)

My school's Cultural Festival is coming up next month (you know, that thing you see in anime and manga all the time, where classes set up food stands, do plays amd stuff like that...)

Anyway. English Conversation Club is doing a display on American Pop Culture in Japan and Japanese Pop Culture in America.

What I have for you is a servey ^^ If some of you could fill it out I'd be soooo greatfull
It's ok if you're Not American

Please answer the following questions to the best of you ablity.

1. OTHER THAN Anime and Manga, list some things you think of when you think of Japan?

2. Do you have any intrest in Japan? Learing Japanese, wanting to go there, wanting to learn Japanese History...that sort of thing

3. If so, What is the main reason for your Intrest in Japan?

4. Do you have an intrest in Japan out side of Anime and Manga?

5. Do you have any intrest in other Japanese Pop culture outside of Anime and Manga? Jpop/Jrock, Visual Kei, Goth-loli fashion...

6. Do you have any intrest in other aspects of Japanese Culture? Japanese Laguague, History, Litreature, Art...

7. How do you view Japan, it's Culture and it's people?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:13 pm
thats so cool! *squee*
intreresting for en English teacher to misspell "survey" though.

1) sushi, teriyaki, yakisouba (food in general); kimonos, school girls in skirts (lol), music (Gackt, UVERworld, Hyde, Alice Nine heart ), trains

2) yes in Anime Club here at school we do a Japanese lesson once a month, and id so kill to go to Japan! and to get a katana cool

3) i like their technology and general genius in entertaining the masses. plus just going to another country is cool, no matter what.

4) yes language, technology, some aspects of history

5) music!! heart heart and anything live-action

6) language, art, literature, technology

7) Japanese rule!! thats all that can be said.  

darkdark7

AngeIIusMalus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:01 pm
darkdark7
thats so cool! *squee*
intreresting for en English teacher to misspell "survey" though.

1) sushi, teriyaki, yakisouba (food in general); kimonos, school girls in skirts (lol), music (Gackt, UVERworld, Hyde, Alice Nine heart ), trains

2) yes in Anime Club here at school we do a Japanese lesson once a month, and id so kill to go to Japan! and to get a katana cool

3) i like their technology and general genius in entertaining the masses. plus just going to another country is cool, no matter what.

4) yes language, technology, some aspects of history

5) music!! heart heart and anything live-action

6) language, art, literature, technology

7) Japanese rule!! thats all that can be said.

Thanks for taking the survey ^^
and to tell you the truth, I'm only an assistant language teacher. I help a REAL English teacher in their classes...so I'm not like a certified teacher xd Oh, the things I do to corrupt their young minds  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:24 pm
1. Other than anime and manga, list some things you think when you think of Japan? Language, Hiroshima, Street Fashion, Schooling, Mass Suicides, Loyalty, Family, Weight (in comparisons to America's problem with obesity), Music, History, Rapid culture development.

2. Do you have any interest in Japan? Learning Japanese, wanting to go there, wanting to learn Japanese History...that sort of thing? I self-taught myself Japanese to a degree, I'd love to visit there and Japan's history is fascinating.

3. If so, What is the main reason for your interest in Japan? I'd have to say the development of their culture and every aspect of it.

4. Do you have an interest in Japan out side of Anime and Manga? Yes. See above.

5. Do you have any intrest in other Japanese Pop culture outside of Anime and Manga? Jpop/Jrock, Visual Kei, Goth-loli fashion... Yes, once again please see above.

6. Do you have any intrest in other aspects of Japanese Culture? Japanese Laguague, History, Litreature, Art... All of it.

7. How do you view Japan, it's Culture and it's people? As an extreme. They were very secluded and now are very ahead of the rest in what they develop but haven't adjusted to it yet. Very high stress. The culture is simply fascinating and I'm unable to summarize it in a paragraph at this time...

Dariram
Crew

AngeIIusMalus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:00 am
Dariram
1. Other than anime and manga, list some things you think when you think of Japan? Language, Hiroshima, Street Fashion, Schooling, Mass Suicides, Loyalty, Family, Weight (in comparisons to America's problem with obesity), Music, History, Rapid culture development.

2. Do you have any interest in Japan? Learning Japanese, wanting to go there, wanting to learn Japanese History...that sort of thing? I self-taught myself Japanese to a degree, I'd love to visit there and Japan's history is fascinating.

3. If so, What is the main reason for your interest in Japan? I'd have to say the development of their culture and every aspect of it.

4. Do you have an interest in Japan out side of Anime and Manga? Yes. See above.

5. Do you have any intrest in other Japanese Pop culture outside of Anime and Manga? Jpop/Jrock, Visual Kei, Goth-loli fashion... Yes, once again please see above.

6. Do you have any intrest in other aspects of Japanese Culture? Japanese Laguague, History, Litreature, Art... All of it.

7. How do you view Japan, it's Culture and it's people? As an extreme. They were very secluded and now are very ahead of the rest in what they develop but haven't adjusted to it yet. Very high stress. The culture is simply fascinating and I'm unable to summarize it in a paragraph at this time...

Thanks so much for filling it out ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:23 am
1. OTHER THAN Anime and Manga, list some things you think of when you think of Japan? Japanese gardens, Akihabara, temples, Shibuya, Shinkansen, my Japanese homework wink , kanji, Mt. Fuji-san, shaved ice, yakitori...the list can go on.

2. Do you have any intrest in Japan? Learing Japanese, wanting to go there, wanting to learn Japanese History...that sort of thing. I'm already a Japanese language student. I've taken Japanese I-IV at a local college. Although, since Japanese is such a difficult (and different language from English, I still don't know very much Japanese. I have passed Level 4 of the JLPT, though. The textbooks I have talk about some Japanese history, but I would like to learn more.

3. If so, What is the main reason for your Interest in Japan? Right now it is because I'm learning the language, but I also find the culture there fascinating. It is (well, seems to be) an interesting mix of old and new. There are a lot of traditions that still seem to be in place, yet at the same time it is side by side with the technological innovation that Japan is known for. It also seems like a fashion mecca as well. So when you think of those things together, it's interesting to me how they are able to co-exist. To keep the old and yet embrace the new.

4. Do you have an interest in Japan outside of Anime and Manga? Yes. I am interested in the people, the culture and the traditions there.

5. Do you have any interest in other Japanese Pop culture outside of Anime and Manga? Jpop/Jrock, Visual Kei, Goth-loli fashion? I am interested in Jpop, but I really don't know a thing about it, and since I already have too many interests that I have trouble focusing wink ...I haven't really pursued it. Same answer with the fashions.

6. Do you have any interest in other aspects of Japanese Culture? Japanese Language, History, Literature, Art. As mentioned, I'm studying the language. I do have an interest in the literature and art as well. I have seen some beautiful pieces in books and when I recently visited the Japanese Friendship Garden in San Diego.

7. How do you view Japan, it's Culture and it's people? I think this can be answered by my answer to #3. Also to have that many people there and to have so little crime. It makes you wonder what's right there that's going wrong here. The education standard seems to be very high as well. I'm also curious about how the culture is evolving. For example, here in America, we are encouraged to express our individuality, however, I get the impression that in Japan, you may have your own opinions about something, but you may not necessarily voice them if it is not in agreement with "the group". Yet when you think about the fashion, it seems that individuality is what is being sought. I'm probably rambling, but I find it all very fascinating...the contradictions.

I hope I have helped. Somehow I don't think I have. I think I just rambled. wink ~m

Meroko Senpai

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:33 pm
You're welcome~  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:51 am
1) Kimonos, culture, clothing

2) Yes. I told my bf for our honeymoon we are going to Japan. I also would like to learn the language and everything about their culture and history.

3) Curiosity and I have this very annoying thurst for knowledge

4) Yes

5) Yes, fashion

6) Yes, very much so. Culture, history..pretty much everything

7) Intreguing(spelling? -.-)  

Imperfect Hope

VanillaCreamCoveredOreo
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:49 pm

1. OTHER THAN Anime and Manga, list some things you think of when you think of Japan? Visual Kei, crazy awesome street fashion, calligraphy, kimono's, daily talk shows, Hard Gay

2. Do you have any intrest in Japan? Learing Japanese, wanting to go there, wanting to learn Japanese History...that sort of thing
I'm actually learning the language at my high school, but I do have to say all of it is interesting for me.

The culture itself is just so spellbinding, to see the things you get from japan is just amazing.

4. Do you have an intrest in Japan out side of Anime and Manga?Music, culture, fashion, the language itself.

5. Do you have any intrest in other Japanese Pop culture outside of Anime and Manga? Jpop/Jrock, Visual Kei, Goth-loli fashion...All of the above xD

6. Do you have any intrest in other aspects of Japanese Culture? Japanese Laguague, History, Litreature, Art... Yes, alot.

7. How do you view Japan, it's Culture and it's people?As a culture of definate extremes, but people who are just as interesting as the culture itself.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:30 pm
1. I think of that dog statue in Shibuya, the fish market, that sunday when they all dress up like dead brides, jpop, sushi, chopsticks....

2. Yes i want to learn Japanese someday, i think that it will benifit my future job.

3. The culture. The temples are very pretty. The crime rate in Japan is less than that of america. I want to be an animator when im older so i think it will be important to learn japanese.

4. Yes.

5. I dont know of any other japanese culture but im always interested in learning new things

6. Im interested in the Language and the art. Im also interested in the technology thats comming out in japan(such as robot cars)

7. I've never been to any other countries besides my own so i see all other countries as different exciting worlds.  

Spacebeam

lilbabysin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:41 pm
1. OTHER THAN Anime and Manga, list some things you think of when you think of Japan?
Smart, loud, No cars?....idk
Yeah, i guess i often say japanese phrases like Moshi moshi when i answer the phone, "ohayo" "dozo" "hai hai" "hayaku"
Mainly because of all the anime i watch.
Yeah, I have some curiosty to what it looks like, if they sleep on the floor, Have bars outside(like in naruto)
5. Do you have any intrest in other Japanese Pop culture outside of Anime and Manga? Jpop/Jrock, Visual Kei, Goth-loli fashion...
I occansionaly listen to jpop and jrock my first jrock song was by uverworl colors of the heart
6. Do you have any intrest in other aspects of Japanese Culture? Japanese Laguague, History, Litreature, Art...
All i know is that the lanuage sounds cool, not so much for litreature, and they have the best sense of art. hehehe
Not so sure, sense im not there observering there everyday life.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:26 pm
hmmm, i think of snow, advanced technology (not super advanced) beautiful scenery, wolves/foxes, small houses and alot of people riding bikes.

im going to japan after i gradute high school, yay for me. lol and im going to try to leasrn japanese before i go there. i know alot about samurai and hiroshima and planning on learn more soon.

Technology, culture, artwork, and manga/anime

yes

i like J-pop & J-rock, i like japanese fashion and i also like japanese food.

Yes, all of it.

i like its culture because it seems simple way of life and i view its people to be just like every1 else (but they probly work more than an adverage american.)  

Akihide Reaper

Bane Rie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:17 am
Rice balls, great food, hospitals that are better than ours, Shinuku, Harajuku, Gothic-Lolits, Visual Kei, kimonos, honor (I think I'll stop here...)

Yes, I am actually self teaching my self to speak Japanese until I get into college. I also do a lot of research on the culture beacuse I am a novelist, and 3 of the characters in my new series are Japanese. Albeit one is an otaku and a Wa-Lolita and the other two are normal...
I plan to go there to get some hands on research soon.

3. If so, What is the main reason for your Intrest in Japan? The culture and the excitement! The are also one of few countries creating real entertainment (toping Germany and the US, mainly the US in my book). And I love their ghost stories. And J-horror movies speak for themselves.

4. Do you have an intrest in Japan out side of Anime and Manga? I love the kinds of fashion they have specifically in Japan. Like the Lolita. You walk around like that any time in the US and people want to send you to the loonie bin. And many of the traditions are very interesting.
Plus they have really good food! And the language is very... pretty?

5. Do you have any intrest in other Japanese Pop culture outside of Anime and Manga? Jpop/Jrock, Visual Kei, Goth-loli fashion... I love J-pop and J-Rock. Especially the Visual Kei bands like Malice Mizer. And as I have said, the Lolita fashions. Especially Gothic and Wa.

6. Do you have any intrest in other aspects of Japanese Culture? Japanese Laguague, History, Litreature, Art... I am interested in mainly the language, but I also love the art and history. I did a project on the Feudal Lords of Japan in History last year.

7. How do you view Japan, it's Culture and it's people? Very intresting but confined, trying to fit in. But everyone has their times when they break free (Harajuku on Sundays!). Their school system is harder than ours, but they have really cool uniforms. And they are thinner than me because they eat better...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:22 pm
1. OTHER THAN Anime and Manga, list some things you think of when you think of Japan? Miyamoto Musashi, one of Japans greatest samurais

2. Do you have any intrest in Japan? Learing Japanese, wanting to go there, wanting to learn Japanese History...that sort of thing oh yeah

3. If so, What is the main reason for your Intrest in Japan? a couple different reasons, first I never really learned about it in school, second I just loved what I have always heard about Japanese culture so I wanna learn where it came from

4. Do you have an intrest in Japan out side of Anime and Manga? Yea I have always just wanted to visit and meet the people, sse the sights and learn some the history from the source

5. Do you have any intrest in other Japanese Pop culture outside of Anime and Manga? Jpop/Jrock, Visual Kei, Goth-loli fashion... Yea I like some J-rock bands such as Back-on and Rip Slyme

6. Do you have any intrest in other aspects of Japanese Culture? Japanese Laguague, History, Litreature, Art... Yea I would to see if they still have some statues of Miyamoto Musashi

7. How do you view Japan, it's Culture and it's people? A very orderly and productive society  

otakumadness

Zalantra

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:34 pm
1. OTHER THAN Anime and Manga, list some things you think of when you think of Japan? Shintoism, Golden Temple, Hot Springs, Kimono, Limited land, Daimyo, samurai...

2. Do you have any interest in Japan? Yes

3. If so, What is the main reason for your Interest in Japan? I'm an otaku?

4. Do you have an interest in Japan out side of Anime and Manga? Yes, as long as being obsessed with samurai and the Shinsengumi counts.

5. Do you have any interest in other Japanese Pop culture outside of Anime and Manga? I love Jrock/pop but the artists I know usually have sung an anime OST or two (Utada Hikaru, Abingdon Boys School, UVERworld).

6. Do you have any interest in other aspects of Japanese Culture? The food, the language, parts of the history, not so much the art (e.g. woodblock prints and brush paintings), and the literature but not as much either as I've only read one book by Banana Yoshimoto..

7. How do you view Japan, it's Culture and it's people? A culture many adore for what appears to be a simpler way of life... It's hard to view a culture from afar and sum it up...  
Non-Anime Related

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff