Reply Rude Discussion
SOOOOOOO... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YoshiMexico

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:46 pm
anyone listened to the new streetlight yet?
i've played it about... more than 10 times for sure...

it's incredible... but in my opinion EGN > SitB but just barely. what are everyones thoughts about this?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:39 pm
New Streetlight?

Really? I didn't know they came out with new stuff.  

King Of The Ska
Captain

Guns of Navarone

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:50 pm
King Of The Ska
New Streetlight?

lol I know its crazy. in all honesty though, I did hear a song that was actually new, ya know, not the same 10 songs over and over and over, and maybe over one more time. they might of actually learned how to make new music, but I haven't heard the cd, so I can't say.

Dance

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:54 pm
Guns of Navarone
King Of The Ska
New Streetlight?

lol I know its crazy. in all honesty though, I did hear a song that was actually new, ya know, not the same 10 songs over and over and over, and maybe over one more time. they might of actually learned how to make new music, but I haven't heard the cd, so I can't say.

Dance

Well, it's not like "they" (Kalnoky writes all the music) never didn't know how to write new music. He just took his time with this album. Yeah, he redid Keasbey Nights, but he has his reasons (listen to the last song on the album). And let's not leave out Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution. He writes all the music for them as well, and I hear they plan on releasing a new album.

But the new album I hear is amazing, a few of my friends have heard it and tell me it's phenomenal. It's all new original music. A friend of mine who hated Streetlight even admitted to liking the new album.
I've heard one song, and it was fantastic.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Mister Ska

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 5:06 pm
What's it called?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:49 pm
Mister Ska
What's it called?

Somewhere in the Between.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

MCS4evr0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:21 am
I love Thomas, with all my heart, but the only good album he's done since Catch 22 is Everything Went Numb. (or Goes i'm not 100% sure, the case is somewhere in my room). I didn't like their remake at all. The original was so much better with the different rhythms and dynamics. Also, their new album is good but the horns do not blend well at all, and the trombone sticks out a ton in many parts of the music video. They could've done a much better job of blending the horns and they don't even sound that great to begin with. To be totally honest, they're taking the course of LTJ... good old music, new shitty music. And I can see why a lot of people never liked em in the first place. The only thing they've got going for them is their publicity. Thomas has the grungiest voice. Also, their horn line doesn't fit into the song at all in We Will Fall Together. Its like 2 totally different movements of the song, the singing and the horn line. They're meant to fit together.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:13 pm
MCS4evr0
I love Thomas, with all my heart, but the only good album he's done since Catch 22 is Everything Went Numb. (or Goes i'm not 100% sure, the case is somewhere in my room). I didn't like their remake at all. The original was so much better with the different rhythms and dynamics. Also, their new album is good but the horns do not blend well at all, and the trombone sticks out a ton in many parts of the music video. They could've done a much better job of blending the horns and they don't even sound that great to begin with. To be totally honest, they're taking the course of LTJ... good old music, new shitty music. And I can see why a lot of people never liked em in the first place. The only thing they've got going for them is their publicity. Thomas has the grungiest voice. Also, their horn line doesn't fit into the song at all in We Will Fall Together. Its like 2 totally different movements of the song, the singing and the horn line. They're meant to fit together.

You don't count BOTAR as a good album (band) by Tomas?

I don't know if we were listening to the same song lol
The horn part fits perfectly, and complements the overall mood of the song. Maybe you just don't like horn triplets?

Yeah, they're abusing the trombonist now. I think Tomas realized that he has a superb trombonist now, and he's trying hard to use him to his fullest.

But it does look like they're straying further from ska now. Whatever, still an amazing band in my opinion, ska or not.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Kingshortpants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:11 pm
*Cough cough*
Free download http://download.yousendit.com/9BF9EAA646850904

*Cough*

I haven't listened to it.... Not that I have morals just don't have time or care to much. pirate  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:48 am
The album seems horribly rushed. The horn parts are shaky, hardly blend at all, and I can't hardly hear the saxes. Obviously, this album had little to no mixing time and it came out not even a year since their last album and its supposed to be new material. They obviously rushed this one way too much, and needed to take their time and get the s**t done. To sum it all up: they rushed the hell out of this, and could've done a much better job if they hadn't only tried to record each song like 3 times over, or at least made a conscious effort to cover it up with mixing it...  

MCS4evr0

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:08 am
MCS4evr0
The album seems horribly rushed. The horn parts are shaky, hardly blend at all, and I can't hardly hear the saxes. Obviously, this album had little to no mixing time and it came out not even a year since their last album and its supposed to be new material. They obviously rushed this one way too much, and needed to take their time and get the s**t done. To sum it all up: they rushed the hell out of this, and could've done a much better job if they hadn't only tried to record each song like 3 times over, or at least made a conscious effort to cover it up with mixing it...

Seriously? Everyone who I know who has heard it would completely disagree with you, they all say it sounds perfect. The songs I've heard gave me the feeling that they spent a lot of time perfecting it, because thats how it sounded. I heard every instrument in the band fine. I don't really know how you're getting this sound out of it xp

And they did not rush this at all... they've been making it for like... four years.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:39 am
seriously, saying they didn't take time with this is blasphemy
it's been so long since any new streetlight.
and yea they are moving away from ska slowly but surely, but it makes sense, an extremely good ska band is like an urban legend really. streetlight is just too good to be considered with all the other bands they toss theyr name in with.

this album own, i think i know all the lines now...

except the song one foot on the gas one foot in the grave seriously sucks.  

YoshiMexico

MCS4evr0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:41 am
All I have to say is, I loved Streetlight. They had their chance with me, and they blew it. I could make a recording of my band that sounds better than their new album does...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:11 pm
MCS4evr0
All I have to say is, I loved Streetlight. They had their chance with me, and they blew it. I could make a recording of my band that sounds better than their new album does...

I have no idea what you're talking about xp
My friend was showing me the songs and we had a conversation about how Kalnoky is such a perfectionist and made this album sound perfect, recording-wise. And this guy I was talking to used to hate Streetlight.

And also, keep in mind that what you're listening to is an online pirated version of the album... I don't think I have to explain what that means to you.

YoshiMexico
and yea they are moving away from ska slowly but surely, but it makes sense, an extremely good ska band is like an urban legend really. streetlight is just too good to be considered with all the other bands they toss theyr name in with.

That song seriously grew on me. It starts off... not-good, but when it hits the crescendo, it gets amazing. I love it. Well, I love the whole album. Nothing short from perfection, in my opinion.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

YoshiMexico

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:55 pm
Melomaniacal
MCS4evr0

I have no idea what you're talking about xp
My friend was showing me the songs and we had a conversation about how Kalnoky is such a perfectionist and made this album sound perfect, recording-wise. And this guy I was talking to used to hate Streetlight.

And also, keep in mind that what you're listening to is an online pirated version of the album... I don't think I have to explain what that means to you.

YoshiMexico

That song seriously grew on me. It starts off... not-good, but when it hits the crescendo, it gets amazing. I love it. Well, I love the whole album. Nothing short from perfection, in my opinion.

what will you do when they come for you?
now we're just in like stare

MCS4evr0

if you mean sound wise and/or music wise, i would definetly love to hear your band, links or gtfo.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff