Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Pairing Discussions
Grindledore lovin'.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I can't believe it's not already a thread!
  I can't believe it's not butter!
View Results

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:13 pm
Gellert/Albus.
Canon.
Totally awesome.
Discuss.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:06 am
Haha! I already suspected Albus' sexual preference.. But now it's official! Grindles and Dumbles make quite the pairing, don't you say? wink

I'm gonna start on a oneshot with this as a pairing. Though I have no idea when it'll be finished, since I don't know where to start.

I'll post it in my journal and on fanfiction.net as soon as it's done.

But seriously, how many people on here guessed that there was something going on between the two of them? Me and a friend talked about it a little.

So, what about you people?

After all, it's the first canon pairing within Harry Potter that we, lovers of slash, can enjoy! So, how about a celebration people! And let's not forget a big toast! cheese_whine  

Dragon In A Tree

Kariki Neroli

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:44 am
I supported the pairing since halfway through their story in DH. XD

Despite my general dislike of Dumbles, they're just so obvious not to ship them. <3  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:16 am
Hello, everyone, I just got accepted to this Guild today! smile

Makes me happy to see that someone else loves that pairing. After reading the sevent book, my first post on the Hungarian HP forum was to ask for any known AD/GG slash smile Interestingly enough, I didn't get that AD was in love with Gellert, it was Gellert's reactin to Voldie that made me wonder if he was in love with Albus biggrin /hmm...should ask JKR if that's official, too.../

Sadly, the official announcement made the thread break in two - those who love the pairing and the homophobes sad I'll rather keep myself away from there for a while. I'm not really active anywhere else, and I just came back to Gaia after about two years absence, I hope the situation is better in other parts of the world...

...and would anybody know of any AD/GG already written? wink  

DrogSeTiid

ChellitaRiho

Dapper Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:29 pm
My friend sent me the info in a text and I kid you not-I almost wrecked my car!!! I never really thought about Dumbledore's sexuality because, well, he's old...WAY too old to think about in that light. JKR has thrown quite a few people for a loop where I'm at and I've even heard someone say that she could "hear" the screams of thousands of fan fic writers from around the world...lol I'm not against the pair, but I've never saw it coming, so I've no real issues with it. It does make me wonder what else is she gonna pull out of her a** but then not have to explain it since the series is over and done with now...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:05 am
I love that pairing! ^_^ Strangely enough, a few days before it was officially announced and written about in the newspapers and on the internet, for some reason I had the thought of Dumbledore and Grindelwald together. I even thought it could be a good and unusual idea for fanfiction. And there it goes - JK Rowling announces it! xd

I enjoy the atmosphere of the time, as well as both of them being so clever. However, I don't like angsty fics about old Dumbledore thinking over his past and long gone relationship, nor do I like 'unrequited love' fics. I usually prefer AU.

There are currently quite a few good AD/GG fanfics on fanfiction.net 3nodding

kira_miri

Pearls of Dimond

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:41 pm
I figured it out as a slash too, Kitsune no Zetsumei. But I still thought my friend was playing off my guilable nature when he told me that she announced it. I had heard all these things about how much JKR hates slash and...then this.
I am personally thrilled. * cheese_whine 's with Kitsune no Zetsumei* Even if it can never truly be...poor Dumbledore...and he had to KILL his true love! Makes me cry! crying  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:59 pm
Uh.. Grindles was locked up in prison. Voldie went to get the wand from him, member? Dumbles just had to duel him.  

Countess K

Hilarious Vampire

7,225 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Pearls of Dimond

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:51 am
You know what? I totally forgot about that part. You guys should flog me. What kind of an HP fan am I???
Thank you.
Still sad, though. Could you imagine fighting your true love like that. I know married couples fight, but I wouldn't consider it true love if they fight like married couples do.
I can't remember if this was mentioned before, but does anyone know if he loved Albus too? If so, did Albus know that?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:33 am
User Image

It would be interesting to read... especially since it's canon. heart Anyone have any Grindeldore fic recs?

User Image

Savvy Bee

External Penetration
Crew

Greedy Codger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:48 am
There are a lot of cute (and generally sad u.u) music videos for this pairing on Youtube.
I suggest you guys check them out. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:09 am
<3 God, I love these two. OTP forever. <3 I've written so much fanfiction for these two.  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

hashheadbrain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:21 pm
I really like this pairing. Though doesn't anyone else feel that it may have been unrequited love on Dumbledore's part? Like I think Grindewald respected and maybe admired Dumbeldore to a certain extent, but I also think that Grindewald knew about Dumbledore's feelings for him and then used that against him in some way. I don't know I'm not very good at explaining myself. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:56 am
hashheadbrain
I really like this pairing. Though doesn't anyone else feel that it may have been unrequited love on Dumbledore's part? Like I think Grindewald respected and maybe admired Dumbeldore to a certain extent, but I also think that Grindewald knew about Dumbledore's feelings for him and then used that against him in some way. I don't know I'm not very good at explaining myself. razz

IN JKR's own words:

JKR: [re: Grindelwald] I think he was a user and a narcissist and I think someone like that would use it, would use the infatuation. I don't think that he would reciprocate in that way, although he would be as dazzled by Dumbledore as Dumbledore was by him, because he would see in Dumbledore, 'My God, I never knew there was someone as brilliant as me, as talented as me, as powerful as me. Together, we are unstoppable!' So I think he would take anything from Dumbledore to have him on his side.  

[Ren The Ryoko]
Crew

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
Pairing Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items