Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Cosplay and Tekteks
Gaarita as Elk [EDIT 12/4] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gaarita

8,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:35 pm
User Image
I decided to give an Elk cosplay a try for the local anime club's Halloween Costume Contest! I won the best video game character category. The costume was started on Sunday and worn for the first time today. Be aware this is not 100% complete, due to time restraints it is not done at the level I am satisfied in (which is high), I need to improve the shirt, the gray part, the wig, and the green ribbon. Since the contest was solely costumes I didn't make a staff.

Picture!
User Image

If you have any suggestions or comments please post : )

12/4 I decided to make the costume from scratch again which means my mom isn't going to do it since she has no idea and get a better fabric through dying.

Over this recent weekend I went to Anime Supercon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida to debut my costume with my friend cosplaying as Sora. I got so much recognition, pictures, and hugs it scared me.

Youtube Clip [x] You don't see me until 1:23 with Sora in the back. We totally chased after the awesome Don Kanonji cosplayer.

More pictures to be added once loaded on internet.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:00 pm
8D You are so pretty!!! And it looks so well done!!!

STOP YELLING AT ME! I'll start the Atoli cosplay asap OK! T^T

I like the shinyness of the fabric 8B  

BreathLessX
Crew

Gaarita

8,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:42 pm
User Image
Thanks, I just have been procrastinating at life recently.

I fixed the purple shirt as the scoop neck was falling down too low so I had to sew back myself. My mom made the costume (remember procrastinating point) so even with a nice reference pic she still screws it up, and I asked her to fix it and she was all like, "No."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:59 pm
Gaarita
User Image

I fixed the purple shirt as the scoop neck was falling down too low so I had to sew back myself. My mom made the costume (remember procrastinating point) so even with a nice reference pic she still screws it up, and I asked her to fix it and she was all like, "No."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. My mom did the same thing with my Akatsuki cloak. The collar was kinda... special and she refused to fix it. D:

The only problem I see with your cosplay though, is the choice of fabric. Then again, I've never been too fond of using crushed velvet for cosplay UNLESS the costume in the anime/manga/game clearly looks like it's made of it. But other than that, it looks really nice. :]

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

Gaarita

8,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:46 am
Pink Plastic Ninja
Gaarita
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. My mom did the same thing with my Akatsuki cloak. The collar was kinda... special and she refused to fix it. D:

The only problem I see with your cosplay though, is the choice of fabric. Then again, I've never been too fond of using crushed velvet for cosplay UNLESS the costume in the anime/manga/game clearly looks like it's made of it. But other than that, it looks really nice. :]

User Image
Samsayia said the same thing about the choice of fabric when I brought the shirt to school today to show her my complaints about some things, the problem is the only fabric store we went to (Joann's) failed as the fabric that was used was the only fabric in the entire store that matched colorwise and finding the right texture would make it worse finding something.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:55 pm
Oooh. :]
Very nice.
You make a cute Elk.

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

Gaarita

8,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:31 pm
XxGrieverxX
Oooh. :]
Very nice.
You make a cute Elk.

User Image
Thanks, now I just need to find someone to fix the wig, and to find a way to make that staff of his. Then I'm off to make my Endrance cosplay for [beeeeeep]. Ya I really can't say that yet.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:56 pm
User Image
Just updated

Gaarita

8,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Samsayia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:40 pm
>_< gaara, i thought we were keeping the pics to deviantart? at least let me photoshop them before you post us. (>3)

yes i am an evil picture airbrusher. though i'm not very good at it i don't think.

And poor don konoji was so sad when we left that con.

"bwhohohoooo" was his quote i believe V.V either way, i look so very retarded in the clip, i couldn't stop laughing my a** off XDD

<--- sora cosplayer.

i look better in the pics because i could keep a straight "sinister" face. expecially the action pic, holy crap that ones awesome ^^

..."time for a little ultraviolence."

btw gaarita, i can help you make your costume, i made mine all on my own, and it is damn hard to make a suit like that without a pattern whatsoever. heh...i managed ^^;; i need a better wig though. yours is a rly nice wig though, minoru did a good job on it, mine is crap because it's too bright and too short.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:27 pm
User Image
I hate that wig I want to burn it and get a slightly better quality one.

Gaarita

8,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Samsayia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:51 am
Gaarita
User Image
I hate that wig I want to burn it and get a slightly better quality one.

yours was fine, mine was just so lame =_= looked pretty good in the action pic though. i'm calling minoru and make her post up our pics if she hasn't alrdy.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:02 pm
User Image
I luffles myself for making Don Kanonji go to Metrocon. mrgreen

Gaarita

8,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Samsayia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:00 pm
Gaarita
User Image
I luffles myself for making Don Kanonji go to Metrocon. mrgreen

Lets see, how about we bump the hell out of this thread with a fangirl war? Sora vs Elk.

Basically, let's see who can fangirl more over their character >3

whadda say, do we have a challenge?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:33 pm
User Image
Maaaaybeeee.

I dunno I think I would fail.

Gaarita

8,350 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Samsayia