Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Cosplay and Tekteks
PPN's Xenosaga Cosplay Board - UPDATED 1/3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. As most of you know, my sisters (XxGrieverxX and Sauce-Kay) and I are doing an Xenosaga cosplay with a group of friends for a convention here in Boise called Anime Oasis in March.

And since Anime Oasis is now a four day con and my group isn't going to be in Xenosaga costumes the entire time, I decided to do a second cosplay because wandering around the con out of costume feels wrong. D;

My friend Talyn/Uke Irvy (on Gaia) was already planning a Hinata cosplay and I thought it'd be fun to cosplay with her. I told her I'd be her Shino BUT it'd have to be his timeskip outfit so she decided to do Hinata's timeskip outfit as well.

So here I'm going to post pictures and entries as we get stuff done. So you guys can help by giving us ideas as how to go about doing things, make suggestions... whatever.

And I don't know about everyone else, but I think it's fun to see a costume in the process of being made.

Pink Plastic Ninja >> KOS-MOS (and Shino as a second cosplay)
XxGrieverxX >> Shelley Godwin
Sauce-Kay >> MOMO

My sisters' posts will be edited by them since they're mods and they have that kind of power.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:59 am
KOS-MOS
(ver. 3 outfit)

THINGS TO DO
... WHERE THE ******** DO I START?
... THE BOOT COVERS. THEY'RE FROM HELL.
... WHY AM I DOING THIS AGAIN?
- LOSE WEIGHT. D;
- Learn to walk in heels without dying.

COMPLETED TASKS
- Bought white vinyl.
- Bought the crotch zipper and the zipper for the top piece... thing.
- Made one of the zipper pulls out of Fimo clay.
- Bought craft foam for experimentation purposes.
- Considered commiting suicide.

UPDATES
10/24/07: Good god, I have NOTHING DONE FOR THIS COSPLAY. And I have four months left. ;_;
11/24/07: LOL, SO I SWITCHED TO A DIFFERENT COSTUME. WHAT HAVE I GOTTEN MYSELF INTO? Yeah, after looking at her other outfits, I decided to switch. GOOD THING I DIDN'T REALLY BUY ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR FOAM AND A YARD OF BLUE COTTON I WAS GOING TO TRASH ANYWAYS. I just like this costume a lot more and I think this one would look 47694 times better on me... I just need to start losing stomach fat leik whoa. And I love how I'd rather show off my boobs instead of my legs. D:
12/9/07: I bought underarmor the other day. I really want to make a mock-up of everything but I need my friend's help since I have no idea where to start. emo
12/23/07: Worked on the swimsuit part the other day. I need to post the pictures of Greevur wearing the first one we made that ended up being way too ******** small for me. And Chelsea needs to find out where the ******** we can buy neoprene (for ze shorts) since I can't really do much without it.
12/28/07: Okay, so we found out where to buy Neoprene by Goggling it and we found an address so Chelsea and I spent thirty minutes driving out to Caldwell, ended up getting lost, and when we FINALLY found the right address, guess what?

IT WAS A ******** HOUSE. IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA.

We were like, "Uh... WTF. D:" so we drove back to Boise and I Googled the store once more and it turns out we went to an address that was listed for the store, but it was unverified on MapQuest and the address to the actual store (WHICH WAS ALSO LISTED ON THE WEBSITE WTH), WAS LIKE, RIGHT THERE.

So today we're going to the RIGHT address and I swear to god if we don't find the perfect or even close enough color, I WILL SHOOT SOMEONE IN THE FACE.

PICTURES
A zipper pull made of Fimo clay and painted with a gold acrylic paint → (I'm probably going to remake it since it's not as smooth as I wanted and I don't think it's the right size.)

Aburame Shino
(Timeskip/Shippuuden outfit)

THINGS TO DO
- Shirt: Mostly done. The collar will probably be the end of me.
- Backpack: Mock-up completed, I need a light brown fabric and a zipper for it now.
- Leg pouch thing
- Bandages: For my legs.
- Sunglasses/goggles: Need to find some online probably.
- Ninja band: I need to find a black one online.
- Wig: Not sure if I'll get one since my hair will be covered anyway...
- Plastic bugs

COMPLETED TASKS
- Shoes: I'm using the ones from my Deidara cosplay. >D
- Black eyeliner: For my eyebrows.
- Clear Contacts: Already have them from my Deidara cosplay a couple years ago.
- ACE bandages: For binding! biggrin
- Coat: Just need to take it in now.
- Pants

UPDATES
11/3/07: I finally got the pattern and the fabric for the coat. The pattern is ******** PERFECT and I only have to make small alterations (pockets, the cuff things). Hopefully I'll be able to start on it tomorrow after the cosplay meeting.
11/4/07: I cut out all the pattern pieces and now it's time to start sewing it together... assuming my mom's sewing machine works. D: PICTURES COMING SOON LOLOL.
11/5/07: I crashed like, right after I got home from the cosplay meeting yesterday but before that, I asked my mom if she could show me how to work her machine as well as tell me what to sew and where to sew them. She just said that she was tired and that'd she'd help me do it later.

So I went to bed and woke up around 3am to find that my Shino jacket is like, almost done. And I didn't get to help on it.

I guess she doesn't think I'll want to sew it and she'll end up having to do it all? I've been sewing ever since I joined the cosplay group (which was like, June?) so it's not going to be the Akatsuki cloak all over again where I just kinda watch and let my mom do everything. MY GOD I KNOW HOW TO SEW DAMMIT. mad
11/9/07: The patterns for the shirt and pants came in today. I really want to get started on them now, but I don't have the fabric yet. :[
11/12/07: I bought the fabric and zipper for the pants so I should have them done today. And I'll take pictures of them if my camera decides to work.
11/24/07: My pants are like, almost done. I fail at zippers and I never want to sew one in again. I also hate Burda pattern instructions because they make no ******** sense to me.
1/06/08: I have most of the shirt done... progress pics coming later when I stop being lazy.

PICTURES
The jacket. It's way too big and like, not done. →
THE PANTS. THEY ARE DONE. →

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:17 am
Shelley Godwin
(Episode 3 outfit)

THINGS TO DO

- Purple dress: Need to line it.
------> Sheer: Needs to be dyed.
------> Buttons: Need to add them.
------> Cords: For the slits on the side, they need to be added.
- Black dress: Needs to be hemmed, sheer and zipper added.
- Collar: Will be separate from the dress, needs to be made.
------> Straps: Will be added to the collar and will snap inside the dress.
- Arm things: Sheer needs to be added, the elastic re-done.
- Boots: Either make boot covers for a pair of shoes or find actual boots.
- Wig: Needs to be brushed, cut and styled.
- Purple contacts: Need to set up an appointment and order them online.
- Make up: Need a purple eyeliner pencil for eyebrows, purple lipstick.

COMPLETED TASKS
- Put together the purple dress.
- Put together the black dress.
- Bought the sheer, fabric dye and lace.
- Dyed the wig.
- Made and painted the flower hair pieces.

UPDATES

PICTURES
The wig before it was dyed → &
Somewhere in this sink is the Shelley wig → (I was stripping the dye because I wanted to redo it since I used droppers instead of drops of ink and it made the wig really dry feeling and crispy... not to mention IMPOSSIBLE to comb.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:29 am
MOMO
(Episode 2 outfit)

THINGS TO DO
- Shirt: Base, some of the designs are done + sleeves.
------> Detailing on the sleeves: Partially done
------> White cape thing: Alter pattern, make it with the fabric
------> Tie/Collar: Tie: partially done, collar: not done
Bloomers: Need to add the petally and gold things, add interfacing
Hat: Is remade, about 90% complete
Long socks: Need to buy.
Boots: Need to buy shoes and make boot covers.
Wig: 98% done
Gold contacts: Probably not going to get them..
Make up: Bought
Bow: Is made, and looks awesome.

COMPLETED TASKS
- Dyed the wig.
- Bloomers base is done.
- Shirt base is done.
- Hat base is done but lost.
- Hat is done
- Bloomers are about 75% done
- Sleeves on shirt are added, designs aren't completely done
- Design on hat is almost done
- Tie is halfway done

UPDATES

12/30/07- A few days ago PPN made the basic pattern for the capey-thing.

PICTURES
The MOMO wig →
Side view of the MOMO wig →
The thing on MOMO's hat made of Fimo clay →
The MOMO hat version 3... still not good enough (IT HAS BEEN REMADE AND LOOKS 347324793274238 TIMES BETTER. IT'S LOST RIGHT NOW, I'M LOOKING FOR IT. D: ) →
PPN wearing the MOMO wig 'cause she's cool like that →
PPN molesting Holly (our Mary Godwin) who is wearing the MOMO hat version 2 AKA "The d**k Hat" while PPN is wearing/holding pieces for the new hat →
PPN DOES NOT APPROVE OF THIS d**k HAT FAGGOTRY →

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. People can go ahead and post now. :D  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:49 pm
U IS CRAZEH.

But... seriously. Those are a lot of costumes. surprised Good luck on them all~  

fk12

Shialu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:42 pm
HAY, GET OUT. talk2hand

I can't wait to see Kos-Mos 8D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. @fk12: I know. AND I HAVE FOUR MONTHS TO DO ALL THIS. DX

@Shialu: YOU JUST WANT TO SEE ME IN A SWIMSUIT. D:

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

BreathLessX
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:31 pm
I need to at least buy the materials for my Atoli cosplay. I want to get it done before March. Thats like 5 months T^T
I hope it goes well, PPn 8B  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:44 pm
We're almost done with my dress. :,D  

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Updated lolololol.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:42 pm
I SEE WE USE THE SAME THING FOR PHOTOS.

lolbathroommyspaceshotFTW

Shialu

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:01 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. YES. It's what all the cool kids are doing, yo.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:31 pm
you could get narutos redish headband he gets it after his black one gets destroyed.  

haseo9

way to purgatory

Captain

Undead Deadeye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:39 pm
haseo9
you could get narutos redish headband he gets it after his black one gets destroyed.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Why the hell would I want to get a red one? Shino's is black, therefore, I am getting a black one.  
Cosplay and Tekteks

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff