Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll Gold?
  Hell yes.
View Results

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:37 pm
I just finished watching the screening, and talked and shook the hands of some of the actors. The little Q n A in the end what was made me want to support this movie even more.

Here's a little story when they were trying to market their movie Better Luck Tomorrow, which you gals and guys should watch as well. During the talk with the movie companies about marketing, someone brought out a pie chart. The pie chart was about ethnicities and what percent watches movies.

There was a huge slice about 50% Caucasians. 25% were African Americans and the other 25% is the Latino community. Of course they asked where Asian Americans were. Even though Asian Americans usually were the most educated and receive the highest salary, Asian Americans were chunked into the Caucasian groups.

Big news eh. One of the biggest movie making companies is not marketing to Asian Americans directly, what about the other companies. Probably the same.

Anyways, enough with the rant.

This was a pretty good movie, I'd say rental worthy, and maybe a must own dvd along with Better Luck Tomorrow. It'll probably hard to find since it's an indie flick but it's cool that it is.

http://www.youoffendmeyouoffendmyfamily.com/

Oh yeah, they don't really have a marketing budget, so it's mostly word of mouth. Spread the word!

biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:21 pm
i was going to post but 2 much reading  

blackhawk111

thejrockstar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:20 pm
there was something inappropriate in the trailer...

but the movie sounds interesting  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:55 pm
So...whats the movie about?  

Azn Fcuk

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:42 pm
Ooh! That movie sounds intersting biggrin I wonder where I could get it....

Well, there's also this movie called Journey From the Fall and it was released in American theatres this summer. Well, a few, at least. I really suggest anyone and everyone to watch it. It's about the Vietnamese people who had come over during the Vietnam War, and the consequences after.

Anybody would cry after watching that. Not really very, like, societal awareness stuff, but it's just a really emotional movie to watch. I'd say after this, then maybe the American government would admit that they had lost the Vietnam War and decide to realize their mistakes. :T sweatdrop  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games