Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Finally, some pics. (huge pics) updated 10/26 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aidenn K

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:50 pm

So I finally got to get some good pics of the Orks I've been painting for a friend. For now I give you a Warboss. More will definitely be coming. (sorry for the huge pics)

Criticism is welcomed.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:42 pm

Beautiful.

Fogcutter

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:57 pm

Very nice. Normally I'd mention the obvious lack of green, but the grey looks good, and the detail work is amazing.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:14 pm

[.Psycho.Doughboy.]
Very nice. Normally I'd mention the obvious lack of green, but the grey looks good, and the detail work is amazing.

That's the one thing my friend said everyone would say first. The lack of green. Personally I think it was an excelent idea on his part to go with gray instead of green.

Thank you both.

(I'm uploading more right now so I'll have them up in a few minutes.)

Aidenn K

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:39 am

I think Orks in different colours than green are a good idea. They -do- change depending on the environment they live in.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:37 pm

Very nice, they fit the scheme well. 3nodding I'd put a bit less wear on the weapons, though, it interferes with the detail.

Oh, and the taking of the pictures themselves are very good as well.

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Zordos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:33 pm

yea for new orks this januray!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:21 pm

Ooh, those are very nice. And now none of you will ever see my orks becuase this amazing paint job makes mine look like crap >.>

Deidra_Godwin

Aidenn K

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:43 am

DarkElf27
Very nice, they fit the scheme well. 3nodding I'd put a bit less wear on the weapons, though, it interferes with the detail.

Oh, and the taking of the pictures themselves are very good as well.
My friend wanted the weapons to look all worn out and rusted, so I did what he said. Orks would prolly use any weapon they could find, regardless of condition. The pics turned out a lot better than I thought. Just a digital flash on a white paper background, then I turned down the brightness a little.

Zordos
yea for new orks this januray!
Yea, more to paint. gonk

Deidra_Godwin
Ooh, those are very nice. And now none of you will ever see my orks becuase this amazing paint job makes mine look like crap >.>
I've been painting 40K for almost 6 years on and off now. My first Tyranid Genestealers were terrible. They were all red, no shading, with crappy yellow stripes on their backs. Their hands and claws were all the same colour, and their mouth was a blob of white. Some of them had so much paint gobbed on them that they lost all the fine details like veins.

Trust me, you'll get better 3nodding

Thank you all for the compliments. I have yet to take pics of his Dreadnought, Killa Kans, choppa squad, and trucks. But I'll be sure to post them up when I get a chance.
sweatdrop
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:32 pm

Got some pics of the Dreadnought, killa kans, and truck.

User Image

User Image

User Image

The truck, I have to say has the worst paint job. But I really enjoyed painting the Dreadnought.

Aidenn K

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:44 pm

Dreadnaught = Badass.

I really like the way you paint metal. It gives it a nice old and rusted feel. Like it's actual metal that's been put through being used by Orks. xp Good job mate!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:24 am

Xenos Mortium
Dreadnaught = Badass.

I really like the way you paint metal. It gives it a nice old and rusted feel. Like it's actual metal that's been put through being used by Orks. xp Good job mate!

Thanks!

I must have tried about 6 times to get the right mix so the rust looked half way decent.

Aidenn K

King Kento

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:24 pm

I really do love the metal, but I think you should add some designs or symbols. Some ork glyphs would really add some interest to the models. Theyre very detailed, but still bland due to all the grays and no real contrast.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:20 pm

King Kento
I really do love the metal, but I think you should add some designs or symbols. Some ork glyphs would really add some interest to the models. Theyre very detailed, but still bland due to all the grays and no real contrast.

The dreadnaught came with a whole sheet of transfers, and I asked my friend if he wanted them put on, and he said no, because he wants them to be bland.

If it was my own army, they would have some sort of transfers on them.

Aidenn K

King Kento

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:25 am

Aidenn K
King Kento

The dreadnaught came with a whole sheet of transfers, and I asked my friend if he wanted them put on, and he said no, because he wants them to be bland.

If it was my own army, they would have some sort of transfers on them.

Personally I dont like transfers. I paint my symbols on my models. The transfers end up shiny, dont blend in too well, and in the case of marine shoulder pads, they dont always fit.
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff