Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
DUMBLEDORE IS GAY! (yaoi pairings coming true thread!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MinaMouse

Magnetic Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:19 pm
After sinking so many ships, JKR has finally come through.

From here:
http://www.newsweek.com/id/50787

In front of a full house of hardcore Potter fans at Carnegie Hall in New York, Rowling, sitting on the stage on a red velvet and carved wood throne, read from her seventh and final book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," then took questions. One fan asked whether Albus Dumbledore, the head of the famed Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft, had ever loved anyone. Rowling smiled. "Dumbledore is gay, actually," replied Rowling as the audience errupted in surprise. She added that, in her mind, Dumbledore had an unrequited love affair with Gellert Grindelwald, Voldemort's predecessor who appears in the seventh book. After several minutes of prolonged shouting and clapping from astonshed fans, Rowling added. "I would have told you earlier if I knew it would make you so happy."

So all you yaoi-lovers, please share with us your thoughts!

What other yaoi pairs would you love to find out are actually true? (outside or inside HP)

I'm sure there's tons of pairings you all can think up.
User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:52 pm
eek

Oh.

My.

God.

O.O

*giggles* I still believe Harry/Draco had a steamy affair the 19 years in-between... but I'm sure many of us feel that... ninja

*goes off to find Grindewald/Dumbledore stuffs now* ...

Lenre Li
Crew

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:47 pm
This came as no surprise to me. The way she wrote the stuff about Grindewald/Dumbledore screamed "THEY'RE IN LOVE". I'm just really glad she admitted it. I wish she'd done it in the books though. >< I'm glad she admitted it. It will hopefully spur more fan fiction for that pairing. There is not enough!

I wish she'd done that for Sirius/Remus too! Something along the lines of "they dated in HS but the ensuing war and imprisonment ruined their chance of being happy."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:11 am
Ha! I suspected that, it's the first thing I though when they appeared in DH~ I'm glad that J.K Rowling had at least one gay character in her books. Sweet~~~~

But I agree with LadyNox, I wished for some more Sirius/Remus as well <3

User_2629207

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:26 am
Pffft. Sirius/Remus is still my Harry Potter OTP but this also makes me happy. heart

And do you know what a happy Maple leaf does when she hears of a new yaoi pairing? That's right folks, she goes on a big fanart spree.

TO THE ARENA THREAD! scream *Points finger towards the horizon and flies away with the wind*

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:04 am
Oh.. wow. I somewhat wish the plot had unrolled in a different way, because she couldn't have released this info prior to Grindelwald's appearance in the seventh book, but if it was made public during the actual run of the series, it might have had a much greater effect. I think having a character that's such a good person be known to be gay might make some people lighten up a little. Too many people only hear about homosexuality in the news, which is so often negative, that I think there's too pervasive of an image of the homosexual as a criminal..

Also? I totally thought it. *cackle* I still need to finish the 7th book, though.

I'm still a bit disappointed nothing came of the Sirius/Remus relationship, knowing she's willing to be open about at least one character, but not too much. It's a great relationship, canon romance or not.  

Skizzors
Crew

Duke of Drag

Beloved Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:37 am
omg!! eek

I had a feeling Dumbledore was with Grindelwald!!!!
my suspicions were correct!!! >w<  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:03 am
Haha I found out from a girl in my class today and I was like "WHAT? ROWLING OUTED A CHARACTER? MADNESS."
"Oh, my god," Rowling concluded with a laugh, "the fan fiction."
...AHAHA.  

retice

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:19 am
It did say "unrequited love affair," guys, it wasn't mutual on Grindelwald's part.. (although I have no clue why it's called an affair if it's unrequited.. whatever)

I still like Dumbledore/McGonagall though. :B  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:39 pm
see now Dumbuldore being gay makes sense  

protecterofelements

Mika_Clari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:31 pm
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA! OMG WTF?!?!?! Oh man, that is too good. *wipes tear from her eye* rofl Are you frikken serious? Wow...I never realized. Throughout the whole final book, I was negatively thinking that Dumbledore was a "user" but...wow...  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:14 pm
Once I read about Dumbledore and Grimwald (or whatever his name's) past, It instantly clicked as a yaoi pairing. Im quite happy to find out that it could be onsidered canon. I wonder why she never put it in the book though...  

Yui D Flowright

SharpCookies

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:15 pm
Being the Harry Potter subfourm lurker I am, I already knew this to be true ever since this morning. It's amazing, I realize. I digress;

In HP, if J.K Rowling said that Fred and George had a brief incestuous relationship before Fred died (or maybe a long one), that would make for one happy Cookie. I'd party hard. Siriusly.

And there are other couples I'd party about if I found out they'd happen, but I'm too lazy to list them all. xD

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:34 pm
SharpCookies
Being the Harry Potter subfourm lurker I am, I already knew this to be true ever since this morning. It's amazing, I realize. I digress;

In HP, if J.K Rowling said that Fred and George had a brief incestuous relationship before Fred died (or maybe a long one), that would make for one happy Cookie. I'd party hard. Siriusly.

And there are other couples I'd party about if I found out they'd happen, but I'm too lazy to list them all. xD

I'd probably fall over via overload of extreme happy. Really, I would.

I kind of suspected... the whole Dumbledore thing, it makes so much sense to me. :3

I want some Sirius/Remus officially stated too, please. :0

Ealdwic

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Overlord-Kala

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:16 pm
OHMYGOD I KNEW IT~~!!!!!!

A lot of people I know say Snape/Sirius.....  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff