Misa is very...
awesome 8D
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:18 pm
So. Our favorite little show has finally been dubbed into English. It officially airs tomorrow night, as you all probably know, but it has been discovered on the Adult Swim web site to watch early. It also seems that it will be posted onto the Adult Swim web site the Friday before the Saturday night airing, so visit their video page every Friday to watch that week's episode. Previous episodes are sadly not offered in full to watch, though.

(And before you guys start saying that it's against the rules to post sites to watch anime, that's not true. That only applies to illegal anime, where this showing on adult swim is perfectly legal. Just to get that clear.)

To reduce the clutter in this forum (because it's kind of getting on my nerves), I propose that this thread be the place to talk about the dubbed episodes each week.

Spoilers should be whited or the text size should be smaller, because we wouldn't want to spoil any slowpokes who are just watching the series and haven't either read the manga or have watched it with subtitles.

My thoughts on the first episode:
I'm going to have to watch more, really. To me, there's something wrong with their tone of voice, or how they stress certain words that bugs me. The voice actors are good actors, but I'm not sure yet if they really fit the characters. Also, with this in English, I can't seem to take the show seriously anymore, it just sounds a tad corny. But, I will watch more before I outright say it's no good.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:30 pm
Hmm... Light's voice isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
It could be a tad deeper, but I'm glad it's not atrocious.

But Ryuk... D;
I don't know, I just always imagined a lot different.
It's gonna take some getting used to.  

mond -an- mitternacht

Candyc0ated

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:02 pm
Light's voice sounds great.
His mom...not so much.
And Ryuk...gah. His voice sounds...terrible to me. D:  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:06 am
I'm not too excited about the voice actors. But they did the best they could... I guess.
Light ain't so bad, he actually kinda sounds his age there. (Kinda.)
Ryuk sounded like what I expected him to. Again, his voice isn't as bad in my opinion.
I just kept LAUGHING everytime Light talked though. I mean, it's not that bad, but still. He makes me laugh for no reason.
(I still cant get over the fact that they're both Ham-pals. Light is Maxwell and Ryuk is Jingle from Hamtaro xD!)

Hey, be happy 4kids or Geneon didn't get a hold of it. You wouldn't see it on TV then, and you'd see the worst dubs possible.
And you wouldn't get spiffy clothes from Hot Topic.

`McLaren

Konfekt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:07 am
`McLaren

The hot topic by me is going to stop selling anime. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:52 am
lmao.
I thought it was funny to watch in english.
And entertaining.
But I won't be able to watch it on tv because I live in Norway.. = __=);

tieru

Blessed Fairy

mond -an- mitternacht

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:26 am
`McLaren

Hey, be happy 4kids or Geneon didn't get a hold of it. You wouldn't see it on TV then, and you'd see the worst dubs possible.

This is what would happen if 4Kids got Death Note. XD

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1D5XTIr_q3A  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:08 pm
And I thought I wouldn't get to see it until I got hold of the DVD. Heh, I like it when my pessimism is wrong. biggrin

I had to wait all day to watch this (had work, smelly) but it was worth it in my opinion.

Reyuks voice was the only one I have any problem with as I can't take it seriously (kept on making 'OVER NINE THOOOUSAND' jokes with my brother as we watched it).

another thing that I couldn't take too seriously was when Light said something along the lines of 'Death Note... As in a notebook of death?"

OMG LIGHT YOU ARE TEH GENIUS!

xd

But apart from that it was good. It made me all hyper and stuff just like watching the subbed version for the first time did. heart

Shame I'll have to wait just a little it longer to find out L's. Ho-hum~.  

Piffle Inna Box

The World Within

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:50 pm
GAH! I cant watch the episode now! I have to wait till 12!
its my mission!

I heard Raito's voice, and I cant say im complaining. Its not THAT bad.
Ive heard L-sama's voice via the "tribute to Ls new voice" thing [youtube it if you dunno what im talking about] and I cant really complain there, either.
I think it could be worse. way worse.
But it could also be better.
Ryuuku sounds WAY different than I imagined. But I dont think its TERRIBLE.
>_<  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:59 pm
[katgirl] Tsuki-chan
`McLaren

This is what would happen if 4Kids got Death Note. XD

]http://youtube.com/watch?v=1D5XTIr_q3A

If that happened, then I would die inside.  

Misuki Marishima

Gracious Muse

9,900 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bookworm 100

The Marquise

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:43 pm
All I can say is that it's sub-par.

At least this will allow me to watch it with my mother.
xd

(Though she'll probably think, just as I, it's corny as crap.)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:55 pm
OMG XDXD Breath Note XDXD;;

Ah, right. The dub. Me and my friends were fangirlsquealing throughout the first minute or so (the first half of the intro) and then we all fangirlsquealed one more time right before it started

Light's voice is WAY more bearable than in the trailer, but it's still pretty bad. I liked how it got deep and sinister in one of his monologues...I'm hoping to heard that tone again.

Ryuk's voice was...pretty bad for Ryuk, but the guy was good at acting. When he was laughing I screamed "YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!!!" That was not a "hyuk", my friend. Although...Japanese Ryuk didn't really Hyuk. Oh well.

But the voices were bearable. I laughed at all the side character voices. Like that kid that was screaming something along the lines of "THAT STUPID b***h CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT, OMG!!!!1!!!111 *voice wavers like opera singer*", that kid that got his money stolen? Yeah, him. His voice was HILLARIOUS.

It was a pretty cool thing to experience, and I'm still shaky from seeing the FIRST ENGLISH DEATH NOTE EPISODE! Say it with me! WEEEE ARE THE CHAMPIONS...MY FRIIEEENNNDDSSS....  

IttyBittyKitty

mikominouchi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:45 pm
It just aired and I was jumping up and down in the hotel lobby. So excited that I now have something worth watching while at work other than Ghost in the Shell and Family guy!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:10 am
The way people were going on about Light's voice, I imagined it being way worse. It wasn't too bad, but I thought it sounded a little bit...concieted.

Ryuk's voice was worse to me....it should have been deeper. But the actor was really good. I started laughing like crazy when he was eating the apples. For some reason...it was hilarious.

And is this gonna be on at midnight weekly? I can't get my hands on a correct schedule.

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 10:10 am
`McLaren
Oh yeeeaah there's going to be DN merchandise now! I'll try to check today if something is there if we go to that big mall with a Hot Topic... but if they have, say, a huge L plushie, I would be tempted to buy it but it wouldn't fit in the carry on bags of a motorcycle. D: (Yeah, huge L plushies exist, apparently, a friend of a friend saw one at a convention.)  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff