Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
NEXON Cash

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spooky Tanuki

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:57 am

How do the Cash Shop items work?
A friend of mine told me that the items that say "Available for 90 Days" actually go away after you've had them for 90 days.
Is that true?

I can't imagine spending money on temporary items.
There's absolutely no way.

I thought the 90 days referred to how long the item would be available in the Cash Shop.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:18 pm
Sadly, that is true. If you purchase these items, it is recommended that you make the most of the 90 days by playing the character often. (I'm a cash user. Luckily, I have a decent budget and a Target that's somewhat nearby.)  

Serverus Snope

Anxious Noob

Spooky Tanuki

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:55 pm

I don't feel bad at all paying Gaia for monthly collectibles that I get to keep.
Collecting the monthly items is actually a lot of fun for me.

There's no way I would ever pay for an item only to have it taken away from me later though.
That is completely out of the question.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:18 pm
Its actually not bad. Hair, Eyes, and Skin changes are forever.
And if you buy an outfit, by 3 months you'll most likely be bored with it, and want a different one. At least, thats how I am.  

A Very Merry Hatter

A Rusty Nail

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:48 pm
Yeah, they disappear.

As Okuruu said, hair, eyes and skin (and colors for those three things) are permanent.

Also, the outfit thing is right.

Its just their way of making money.

Our money keeps the game free.

If you don't like it, only get hair or something.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:16 pm

I got bored of my first cash outfit in under a month.

Yeah, it was nice and all, but I just wanted a change. Something different.

The likelyhood is I'll get bored of my new one in a few weeks too. >.>

and I'm not gonna bother with new hair until the VIP coupons are realesed on EMS

Tentacle Bondage

Fashionable Vampire

x1Jessica

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:08 am
Yes it is true that cash items from the cash shop expires in 90 days accept if u changed yur eye colour/diff eye/hair& hair colour does 4 cannot be expired they stay.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:50 pm
Well, What I suggest is the get the card and buy all gachos. lol.. Thats just me though.  

mcdogg

Gear Sage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:18 am
actually the pets are also sort of permanent, yes i know after 90 days they turn back into the supposed doll they are, but they stay in your inventory, and all you have to do is buy a reviving potion from the cash shop which brings back the pet for another 3 months  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:44 am
Well, it isn't a waste if you enjoy it.
When you get bored of an outfit, it's probably by the time it runs out. That's how it is with me, and sometimes I end up with three entirely different outfits before the first runs out.

-Shrug- I don't have anything else to spend MY money on. Oh, and yes, some items are permanent.
Gacha is also a good idea.  

Zarow

Xanthophy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:55 pm
well, if u are tired of an item, the best thing is to keep it forever in case u want it later, but ms never lets u do that. if u want it again, it's -5$ for u, so it's not really fair or anything -.- they are just theves, who steal our money by giving us addictive, VIRTUAL PLUS TEMPORARY ITEMS!!!!!! scream the MCs in gaia are bad too, but not as bad as TEMPORARY items!! >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:27 pm
I'm too lazy to read other post so I don't sound repetitive. So I might. Forgive me.

Cash items do in fact go away after 90 days (Unless you're lucky and they get delayed a few days [happened to my friend, he had it more like 2 weeks longer] but that's on rare occasion) but they're just used to express oneself trough clothes and hair and stuff and stuff.

People easily obsess over it though, my friend Pat buys 75k of it whenever Paypal allows him too! I just do it every 10 lvls. And sense I don't play much during the school year that takes a while to achieve! If you do decide to get some, try and get the stuff on sale. xD

Speaking of which...
User Image  

YayColdFire

Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas