Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mary Mary- how does your Garden Grow? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:40 am
... and Kitchen Witchery.

So Patch inspired me.

Let's play pretend.

If you had the land and desire, what kind of garden would you have?

What kind of pantry would you keep?

What kinds of recipes would you employ to tickle the senses and spring board magic from the cutting board?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:10 am
To start, my garden would be sectioned. Cacti would be in one area, poisonus plants in another, kitchen (the ones used for cooking) in another section, native plants (i'm in florida to give an idea) in yet another. I prefur a more natural look to a garden rather than manicured perfection.

The biggest part will most likely be the kitchen section, sence my family loves to cook.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:40 am
I'd want my garden to be 100% non-poisonous (save for stingy nettles- but they'd be outside of the garden itself). I basically don't want to have to worry about my kids eating things they shouldn't.

I'd also make good use of creeping, tough ground cover- because some herbs when stepped on (such as wooly thyme) release a pleasant scent.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:41 am
One of my little dreams is to have an amazing garden in the future.

I want to grow all my own vegetables and herbs if I can (tastier AND cheaper!). I also want a BIG garden with privacy and trees!

Flower-wise, I like those british cottage gardens, I'd fill the beds with native plants that flower at different times of year; but I wouldn't sow them in a particular order. I love the unruly look ^_^ heck, if my garden was a hedgerow i'd be fine xD

If my garden backed onto fields or a forest I wouldn't compain either wink Or a stream! *sigh*

--
Pantry wise, like I said I would use all my own fresh veg and herbs. I'd make hearty things like roast dinners, stews and pies, the things I love to cook! (Now I have said this, I can't shake the cheesy image of me in an apron and a pie on the window-sill xD) . Hopefully everything I cook would be ralatively healthy too, made with wholesome ingredients ^_^  

patch99329

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:10 pm
I can't wait til I have my own house and a backyard to put a garden in! I'd have a section of flowers, perhaps this would even be in front of the house. I'd also have a mulch ring in the middle to grow tomato plants, and some rows of vegetables - radishes, carrots, squash, brussels sprouts - and I'd leave a section open for herbs, in case the desire struck me to grow my own.

Pantries I'm not sure about; I have so little room in my kitchen I don't begin to know what I'd keep in a full pantry! XD  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 6:43 am
Heilsan Allir,

We are in the process of making a garden here. Primarily it will be for herbs and vegetables, something productive. An opportunity for my children to appreciate nature more and no doubt the landvaettir will be interested as well smile

Ver thu heil  

Ulfrikr inn Hrafn

Friendly Gaian

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200

Kittori

Anxious Blob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:22 pm
Recently i've changed my mind of many aspects of life and one of them was my home. I want to have a lovely garden, and since my mother is a fanatic gardener, I want it to look just as beautiful as she makes our gardens look. With tons of beautifully colored flowers, but also I want a vegetable patch. I want to plant veggies (carrots, broccoli, lettuce, and whatever else my husband wants) and fruits (well...whatever fruits will grow here), and a little section for herbs aswell. -sighs-
I can't wait...XD

As for my pantry, i'm not entirely sure what i'll keep, I can't cook but i'm going to learn eventually..XD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:12 pm
Hmmm...

Myself, I am a big fan of root veggies. Potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips.
I'd need to plant some cabbage and onions too.
And garlic. Garlic is a MUST.

Herbs I would want to plant would include lemon verbena, parsley, sage, rosemary and... what's that last one?

Joking aside, the above and tarragon, savory, rue, marjoram, lemon balm, chives, pepper mint and basil.

I'd want to include roses and jasmine.

I'd also look to plant some special camellia plants.

I'd like to include some raspberry, huckleberry, native black berry, and some salal.  

TeaDidikai

Maze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:02 am
I don't currently have a garden of my own, but my parents do let stinging nettles and dandelions grow where they will. Sure, you can't eat the stem of the dandelion, but the rest is all good. I don't have any kids to worry about, so poisonous or not isn't a real problem for me.

I'd like a garden, but I haven't really given it much thought yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:08 am
Maze
I don't currently have a garden of my own, but my parents do let stinging nettles and dandelions grow where they will.
Great. Now I'm hungry for stingy nettle soup.  

TeaDidikai

Maze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:40 am
TeaDidikai
Maze
I don't currently have a garden of my own, but my parents do let stinging nettles and dandelions grow where they will.
Great. Now I'm hungry for stingy nettle soup.

Hehe, my pleasure. *snerks*

Do you use any seasoning? And if so, which do you prefer?

For that matter, has anyone here ever had pine-bark soup? whee  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:22 am
Maze

I'll get even. Watch me.
Quote:

Do you use any seasoning? And if so, which do you prefer?
I make a cream base soup with leeks and sometimes an apple.

Quote:
For that matter, has anyone here ever had pine-bark soup? whee
Not pine. But I have had cedar stew. That was... interesting.  

TeaDidikai

Maze

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:29 am
TeaDidikai
Maze

I'll get even. Watch me.

As they say, one good turn deserves another. I'll look forward to it, hehe.

Quote:
I make a cream base soup with leeks and sometimes an apple.

Sounds appetising. I'll have to try that sometime. 3nodding Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Not pine. But I have had cedar stew. That was... interesting.

Cedar stew? It sounds interesting, too. But the dots preceding the word makes me wonder if it's something that should be repeated often, hehe..  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:24 pm
Fruits and vegetables. *smacks self* how could I forget thoughs. Pumpkin, tomato, broccali, probably just about anything that will grow in a subtropical climate. I'm gonna try and convince my mother to let me have a coconut palm, and orange tree and a papya tree, but I don't expact to get to far with thoughs xd  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:08 pm
Maze

As they say, one good turn deserves another. I'll look forward to it, hehe.
I suggest you look at my journal then. Latest entry.

Quote:

Sounds appetising. I'll have to try that sometime. 3nodding Thanks for the tip.
Always a pleasure.

Quote:

Cedar stew? It sounds interesting, too. But the dots preceding the word makes me wonder if it's something that should be repeated often, hehe..
It's an acquired taste- which wasn't too hard to acquire. The texture left something to be desired.

I do however- cook with juniper berries.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff