Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Advice & Academic Studies
Getting to far....or not?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What Should I do
  NOTHING SHE IS YOUR FREIND, THAT IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!
View Results

Lady Artemis Rose

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:36 pm
OK,
So every day I bring a bag lunch to school so I can eat (whoa didnt see that coming!), and every day my friend take a ton of it to eat.
Today she took my bag of cheese-its and yestarday she took my apple sause. I know it is small, but I really annoys me that she just exspects me to give it to her, like it is an automatic roll I am supposed to play. Again, I know it is just a bit of lunch, but that is what I look forward to all day in school (we have lunch really late), and when she takes something it is like she is taking like one fourth of my happiness.
So do you think it is what I, as a friend am supposed to do
or
Do you think I should get her to stop
or
what ever?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:00 pm
ou should ask her to respect that you're entitled to your own lunch. It's not like she's impoverished or neglected by her parents, so tell her to eat what she likes, provided she brought it herself.

Or pack two lunches. one for her and one for you... and if she's really a friend then she should have a share in sharing... as in she packs luch for you as well. And have a picnic lunch with her each day.

Strangely enough, I think it's impolite that she doesn't seem to know how to see you're annoyed with her. But if you don't tell her then it's really up to you... DO you want her to always be this lunch bandit and take away all the best pieces of your Obento?

If I had a strawberry cheese cake for lunch, I would want to eat the best piece last, it seals the entire meal and I call it the heaven of my school life. A few times I save the best piece of my lunch and make my best friend eat it... if we're eating together... But then the big difference is, for me it's really a choice that I make to give...

Really give it some thought and tell your friend what it makes you feel when she does this all the time... Chances are, she probably doesn't realise she's walking all over you.

It'd be a shame to lose an otherwise good friend over the fact that she's greedy for you lunch.

Good luck  

Lilli Ann Hunter

Loyal Genius

5,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Raven_Roses8

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:49 am
I totally understand. My friends used to do that too, then I got annoyed and said something. The first thing you should do is tell her that it upsets you. It IS your lunch, and if it bothers you, tell her, but tell her NICELY! She is your friend after all, and she probably doesn't know that it bothers you, so you just need to explain it. If that doesn't work, smack her hand when she tries to take something. If a conflict ensues, remind her that you don't like it. I share my lunch with my friends willingly now, but it's my choice to eat it with them, and they know that they can't just take the lunch 'cause it bothers me. If all else fails, find somewhere else to eat.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:33 pm
If you don't like her taking your food, then tell her so.

I usually buy my lunch and when my friend wants to take some....carrots or something, I tell her, " Have you asked?....I payed for my food, so unless I haven't spent any money on my food you can't just pick whatever you want off my tray."
It sounds stingy, but I bought my own lunch and she could've gone up and got her own. Plus, I'm always starving, I have lunch like almost at the end of the day.

Tabiosk

Sparkly Werewolf

8,000 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200

Bittersweet Simplicity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:46 am
I think that's just friends. She takes your lunch, you take hers. Back and forth. The circle of life. I mean don't try and tell me you've never taken someone else's food before. If it really bothers you though, just politely tell her to stop it. If she's a friend, she'll respect you and back off. Taking away one fourth of your happiness is a little dramatic though. It's just lunch. I mean my friend takes a bit of my lunch too. All the time actually. But I wouldn't call it stealing my happiness.  
Advice & Academic Studies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games