Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
♥CHUU's Funtastic doodle dump 8DD Updated-11/18

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chu is
  The sound train makes 8DD
  The sound when you kiss someone in japanese
  The wannabe artist who needs a lot of improvement
  Are random letters put together
View Results

x C H U

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 am
Helloooo~ I'm Chu XD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:38 am
Current Dilemma:

Okay, I can't edit to save my life, but I drew this on a big sketchpad and now the colors are kinda messed up..okay..a lot.
So I was hoping you photoshop experts can help me fix this up? like contrast, color balance, lightness, and darkness?
Thanks in advance. =D
Messed up

x C H U

x C H U

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:00 am
WIPS:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:01 am
CURRENT ART:

DOODLE

User Image

x C H U

x C H U

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:08 am
OLDER ART:

♥Mint tea
♥Trying out a new coloring style
♥Milk out a new coloring style
♥Purr-fect out a new coloring style
♥Falling head over heels out a new coloring style
♥Wolf guy
♥Snow
♥Super Chu XD
♥Ezra Fell
♥Ehh..
♥Wind
♥Runaway

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:13 pm
Your art style is pretty much adorable. x3

Hikaru Fanart:
The only thing that I really have is:
the girls elbow is kinda funky. The way that the skin folds is a bit too far out I think. It should extend juuust a bit more towards the joint.
The hair. You got it right with the clothes, and the way that the characters are positioned, it looks like they are about to topple over, which is good for the movement part of it, b/c it really brings a drawing to life. However, the hair looks kinda stiff. It should billow out behind her a bit more, like the clothes.

sigh. I should be getting my tablet soonish.. x___x
Great job!!  

Yuri Mono

Julia Pegasus

Bashful Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:42 pm
Your art is cute, I like it :3

Some advice on your Photoshop dilemma:
First, select the upper part and make a Levels adjustment layer (you can make adjustment layers clicking on the middle button at the bottom of the Layers pallette). Fiddle with it as you like. Then, repeat the procedure with the lower part of the pic. Keep messing around with the two parts until they match. The Clone Stamp and the Healing brush will help hiding the borders that insist on staying. smile

I don't know if you are familiar to these tools, but I don't think they are much of a mistery... I learned most of what I know about them by experimentation. I'm sure a brief search over the net will bring you guides about them if you need (of course, I'm not disencouraging you to post further doubts; this is your thread after all ;D )

I recommended the use of adjustment layers because they are much more practical than using the Levels tool from the Image>Adjustments menu: faster to make changes, and easily reversible.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:17 am
here, here and here are some paint overs. I really hope they help wink  

loontje

x C H U

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:44 am
Yuri Mono
Your art style is pretty much adorable. x3

Hikaru Fanart:
The only thing that I really have is:
the girls elbow is kinda funky. The way that the skin folds is a bit too far out I think. It should extend juuust a bit more towards the joint.
The hair. You got it right with the clothes, and the way that the characters are positioned, it looks like they are about to topple over, which is good for the movement part of it, b/c it really brings a drawing to life. However, the hair looks kinda stiff. It should billow out behind her a bit more, like the clothes.

sigh. I should be getting my tablet soonish.. x___x
Great job!!

Ahh thanks. Oh wow, yeah I just noticed that. O__< her arm folds too much.
I focused too much on copying my friend's hair. XD Yeah I'm gonna ask her to give it back so I can fix it more. Thanks s much. 8D

Your art is cute, I like it :3

Some advice on your Photoshop dilemma:
First, select the upper part and make a Levels adjustment layer (you can make adjustment layers clicking on the middle button at the bottom of the Layers pallette). Fiddle with it as you like. Then, repeat the procedure with the lower part of the pic. Keep messing around with the two parts until they match. The Clone Stamp and the Healing brush will help hiding the borders that insist on staying. smile

I don't know if you are familiar to these tools, but I don't think they are much of a mistery... I learned most of what I know about them by experimentation. I'm sure a brief search over the net will bring you guides about them if you need (of course, I'm not disencouraging you to post further doubts; this is your thread after all ;D )

I recommended the use of adjustment layers because they are much more practical than using the Levels tool from the Image>Adjustments menu: faster to make changes, and easily reversible.

Ugh, thanks for the advice, but it still won't look the same. D:

loontje
here, here and here are some paint overs. I really hope they help wink

Wow, XD I'm gonna keep my eye on the shoulders I draw. I can't believe it. Lolz, hands are hard.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:11 pm
Hands are hard. C: If you really want to focus on them, keep drawing them. d: Fill up pages and pages of hands. It helps! xDD;

But anyways, I think your art is a very cuddly, cute anime style. (which is good! as long as you like it.) C: One thing you should pay attention, too, though, are propotions.In your Hikaru and friend picture, their arms and legs are very slim, but their middles are really rather large in comparison. I've seen in your other pictures this proportion is fine, so perhaps it was just that you weren't used to drawing people in profile view.

Also, this is kinda nitpicky, but your friend's clothes are confusing. The rising of the back of the skirt indicates motion (falling into Hikaru) and the back of the shirt does as well, however, the front of the shirt seems to fall due to gravity, which makes me confused as the viewer. @ 3@;;; (So just go one way of the other and you'll be fine.

Anyways, you're doing fine. C: Keep practicing, kay?  

KotokoPlum

x C H U

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:13 am
KotokoPlum
Hands are hard. C: If you really want to focus on them, keep drawing them. d: Fill up pages and pages of hands. It helps! xDD;

But anyways, I think your art is a very cuddly, cute anime style. (which is good! as long as you like it.) C: One thing you should pay attention, too, though, are propotions.In your Hikaru and friend picture, their arms and legs are very slim, but their middles are really rather large in comparison. I've seen in your other pictures this proportion is fine, so perhaps it was just that you weren't used to drawing people in profile view.

Also, this is kinda nitpicky, but your friend's clothes are confusing. The rising of the back of the skirt indicates motion (falling into Hikaru) and the back of the shirt does as well, however, the front of the shirt seems to fall due to gravity, which makes me confused as the viewer. @ 3@;;; (So just go one way of the other and you'll be fine.

Anyways, you're doing fine. C: Keep practicing, kay?

Ahh, it's cause he's supposed to be sitting and she just pounced on him.
You're right on one thing, I don't draw people in profiles at all. XD I should practice on those too. Thanks so much for pointing stuff out. 8DD

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games