Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Should i become a Wizard or Cleric?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Larzar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:48 pm
Well i'm lvl 29 85% so i'm about to lvl. I need to make the major decision of being a wizard or a cleric. I don't want to be fire poison so its ice/lighting.

Questions

What should i be? Cleric or ice lightning.
What should i put my stat points on? Int, strg etc..
What armour should i look for around my lvl.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:11 am
*ahem*
It's a personal choice.
Depending on which skill you go with first, I/L can be kinda hard.
If you go lit first, you're gonna need pots, lots of pots.
If you go ice, well, you should STILL be using pots, because, well, real mages use pots. xD

If you want to SAVE(read, save, not make) Money, Go with a cleric, once you get past 50-60ish MP eater should be giving you plenty of MP as long as you are training on undead monsters with heal.

Second off, For your cleric, NEVER get Holy arrow, it sucks, at it's max level it has the same base damage as magic claw, and if you ever train on a holy weak monster, they will most likely be undead, in which case you should be using heal to fight anyway.

*ahem*
Third off, if you have to ask that question, about stats, you should read a guide.
For a mage, STR + DEX should always be 4/4. sometimes 4/5, or the other way around, but no higher!
Since you are probably unfunded, Luk should always be your level + 3, and you should put everything else into INT.
Also, for the love of all that is good and holyyy, make sure you have your skills right. x_x
In any case, go to gamefaqs, read the sticky topic, find the stat + skill build for a mage, go with that.

As for equips.
www.hidden-street.net
Just level 30 equips, if you can find em.
After that it will get a lot harder to get them, so you'd best start making some money. XP

Annnd, that's about all the help I can give you, for now. *bows*  

HONKMACHINE

Feather

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:58 am
If you think you'd get sick of Magic Claw, it may be better to go Wizard. While I love being a cleric, the fact that I've been using magic claw this entire time seems kinda lame. But I save so many mesos!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:09 am
cleric
Int Luk
and whatever takes your fancy

zonic69

qutefoxy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:23 pm
Being a cleric means save money. I'm a cleric my friend is a ice mage. We both have our good n bad points. Cleric save money because cleric can kill undead monsters with heal. So we don't have to on magic guard. However, ice wizard have higher attack and they can freeze monsters.

Add your Luk until it is 3 points higher than your own level. Then put all your other points into Int. However, Str and Dex are useless for mage.

For equip, go to www.hidden-street.net
There are alot of information you can get there. There are even guides for different kinds of jobs. So good luck.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:45 pm
im a cleric. level 57. i use all points on int. i use holy arrow. i got no points on mp eater. im currently leveling up my teleport. i equip an average maple lama staff. i look like a cowboy. go clerics!
(that should confuse things, but it is true)  

Brighte

Larzar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:22 pm
Smew
*ahem*
It's a personal choice.
Depending on which skill you go with first, I/L can be kinda hard.
If you go lit first, you're gonna need pots, lots of pots.
If you go ice, well, you should STILL be using pots, because, well, real mages use pots. xD

If you want to SAVE(read, save, not make) Money, Go with a cleric, once you get past 50-60ish MP eater should be giving you plenty of MP as long as you are training on undead monsters with heal.

Second off, For your cleric, NEVER get Holy arrow, it sucks, at it's max level it has the same base damage as magic claw, and if you ever train on a holy weak monster, they will most likely be undead, in which case you should be using heal to fight anyway.

*ahem*
Third off, if you have to ask that question, about stats, you should read a guide.
For a mage, STR + DEX should always be 4/4. sometimes 4/5, or the other way around, but no higher!
Since you are probably unfunded, Luk should always be your level + 3, and you should put everything else into INT.
Also, for the love of all that is good and holyyy, make sure you have your skills right. x_x
In any case, go to gamefaqs, read the sticky topic, find the stat + skill build for a mage, go with that.

As for equips.
www.hidden-street.net
Just level 30 equips, if you can find em.
After that it will get a lot harder to get them, so you'd best start making some money. XP

Annnd, that's about all the help I can give you, for now. *bows*

Hey thanks, im choose cleric!

Wheres a good place to train?

I would prefer somewhere in victoria but other palces are ok.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:24 pm
I love my priest.
Clerics for life xP
It can get boring as a cleric though, but it's fun once you make the advancement.  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

A Very Merry Hatter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:08 am
Its hard to be a cleric now a days. Its hard to pq. There are just too many clerics. o.o I was on my cleric trying to Lpq and there were 9 other clerics. Sadly they were higher levels so I didn't get a pq until late at night. =/  
Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games